"You'll find I'm full of surprises" - Marathon/Princess Half Marathon - 3/11 Raglan Road Brunch

Raglan Road

2AM came early! When the alarm went off, my husband started getting ready and I slowly got real clothes on so I could help my husband once he was fully dressed put makeup on. I’m glad I helped him as that man has no ability to blend! He had sent me a photo the night before from his attempt to do it himself and well...I laughed so loud in the middle of Disney Springs - the only other person that will ever see that photo was Betsy. It was bad! It’s also way easier to put eyeliner on someone else than it is yourself.

Yj4G4m4.jpg

Getting Ready In Room

We made it on the first bus although we couldn’t sit next to each other. Once at the race area we headed to the merchandise tent so we could pick up the shoe keychain since we had avoided the merchandise area of the expo on Thursday. We then waited in the pre-race area for Betsy to arrive as she wanted to see him off with me! We got some funny looks from people and a couple people took a photo with him as they were giving him kudos for running in that outfit.

ngTt4bW.jpg
wvUP5nq.jpg

Before Race at Pre-Race Area

Once the corrals opened, my husband left Betsy and I. The two of us walked back to the drop off bus area and lucked out getting a bus back to our respective resorts. I crawled back into bed and fell asleep hard until 8AM. That was a good time for me to wake up as apparently my husband had finished not long before then and I knew he would be back at the hotel soonish. One of the ladies on the bus with him told him that he looks better than most girls after a long hard night out ;) He said that he was solo on the Mile 10 on ramp but the green army man wouldn’t say a thing to him and even put his megaphone down. He thought it was odd since that man screams at everyone especially since Disney posted about the other "Princess Men". Guess my husband is too pretty and messes with their heads!

NidjFWp.jpg

Post Race

He got cleaned up and we relaxed and eventually packed up. We did have brunch planned before we headed home so that we wouldn’t be hangry on the drive home. We debated for a while on where we wanted to go and nothing really excited us and resigned ourselves to eating at Raglan Road as we couldn’t think of something better. My husband had never been that happy with Raglan Road the previous times he had been there for dinner so he was why we were ‘eh’ on going there. We actually ended up really happy to a point that my husband actually made a comment that he must have either grown up on his tastes and that he was happy it wasn’t overly crowded and loud in there this time.

My husband ordered a cocktail as he wasn’t the one going to be driving home post lunch. It was refreshing and a nice way to get relaxed after all that running that morning! I enjoyed my Diet Coke.

hcWFtjf.jpg

Iced Irish - Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Butterscotch Schnapps and Bailey’s Salted Caramel with Iced Coffee

We split an appetizer. Since we’ve been married for over 10 years, the extreme garlic of this dish doesn’t bother us. We really enjoyed the shrimp covered in the garlic and chili lemon butter. There was a bit of a kick to it but not that much. We enjoyed this bread more than the soda bread provided especially to soak up that garlic butter!

uj39j9S.jpg

Kiss Before Shrimp - Pan-Seared Shrimp in a Garlic and Chili Lemon Butter Sauce with Sliced Baguette

My husband and I did the thing where we ordered the complete opposite of what one’s gender usually would order which always makes it comical when a food runner brings the dish to the table. My husband just wanted his salad and chicken. He was happy with it as it was a nice way to get food back in his stomach after all that exercise. The prosciutto is also a nice texture to the dish!

xCYTPhu.jpg

Hail Caesar w/ Chicken

I went with a big old meat option! (My husband did steal two of the ribs) This is a different way of presentation of the ribs than I’ve had before but that didn’t bother me. I don’t need them to break apart the ribs and I don’t need side dishes. This is actually off their ‘appetizer’ menu. The baby rack ribs were so tender. The guinness glaze gives the right amount of sweetness to make the meat really shine. I was so happy and enjoyed my ribs. Probably not the best meal to have before you drive 3 hours home as you want to take a nap afterwards but I had all the caffeine from the coke and a Monster in the truck with my name on it!

SloW8W1.jpg

Rack of Heaven - Slow-Roasted Guinness-Glazed Baby Back Ribs

We skipped dessert as we both were really full from these options. We made the walk to the truck and I began the uneventful drive home.

Another trip over! 2 weeks until we get our puppy! 5 weeks until Dark Side!​

Love your husband's glam look :rotfl:

Another great review of Raglan Road... I've only eaten dinner there once, and I'm 99.9% sure it's what gave my sister some pretty nasty food poisoning, so that and the LOUD atmosphere are why we haven't been back. I do like their outside bar though and the appetizers are great so seeing these kind of reviews always lures me into thinking we should give it another try. Thanks for another fabulous trip worth of drool inducing reviews!

Love it!!! That is too awesome.

Your brunch looks yummy! I love doing the opposite gender ordering as well. It always messes them up to give him a salad and me a steak on the rare occasions that happens.

Love your husband's glam look :rotfl:

Another great review of Raglan Road... I've only eaten dinner there once, and I'm 99.9% sure it's what gave my sister some pretty nasty food poisoning, so that and the LOUD atmosphere are why we haven't been back. I do like their outside bar though and the appetizers are great so seeing these kind of reviews always lures me into thinking we should give it another try. Thanks for another fabulous trip worth of drool inducing reviews!

He does a good glam. At least he only does this for Princess Races or else, we would have a problem.

I think we'll stick to lunch/brunch since its a bit quieter at those times rather than dinner. I don't like loud either unless I'm drinking a ton which can happen a bit at Disney Springs...maybe give it a try at those times and avoid the dancers/music!

Love it!!! That is too awesome.

Your brunch looks yummy! I love doing the opposite gender ordering as well. It always messes them up to give him a salad and me a steak on the rare occasions that happens.

He totally owned it!

It does mess with them! When he was vegetarian, it happened a lot! Not so much now here either but it always makes me laugh!

I’ll take an Iced Irish and Kiss before shrimp right now please!!!

Yay to Mr Dis_Yoda (insert cat call whistle....lol....if that’s allowed here! Haha)

Your husband is so cute in his outfit.

OMG those ribs look amazing. I just bought a rack of baby back ribs that I'm going to try in my Instapot. They are making me want to try them tonight!

He had sent me a photo the night before from his attempt to do it himself and well...I laughed so loud in the middle of Disney Springs - the only other person that will ever see that photo was Betsy
Oh what I wouldn't do to see that photo. I'm going to have to look Betsy up to see if she'll drop the good :P

Yj4G4m4.jpg

Getting Ready In Room
Oh how pretty. He is perfect!!!!!! If I were a green army man I would leave such a delicate beauty alone too :P

hcWFtjf.jpg

Iced Irish - Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey, Butterscotch Schnapps and Bailey’s Salted Caramel with Iced Coffee
Yum! Coffee and caramel and booze. Sign. Me. Up

e split an appetizer. Since we’ve been married for over 10 years, the extreme garlic of this dish doesn’t bother us. We really enjoyed the shrimp covered in the garlic and chili lemon butter. There was a bit of a kick to it but not that much. We enjoyed this bread more than the soda bread provided especially to soak up that garlic butter!

uj39j9S.jpg
Yum! This looks awesome and clearly a testament to a good marriage!

This is actually off their ‘appetizer’ menu. The baby rack ribs were so tender. The guinness glaze gives the right amount of sweetness to make the meat really shine. I was so happy and enjoyed my ribs. Probably not the best meal to have before you drive 3 hours home as you want to take a nap afterwards but I had all the caffeine from the coke and a Monster in the truck with my name on it!

SloW8W1.jpg
That is an appetizer???? That is insane and looks so good. I'm sure it wasn't great for a road trip, but they look and sound awesome.

Thanks, as always, for including us in your amazing trip. Love, love, love your reviews and eating/drinking style. We are so cut from the same cloth, except for that whole running thing. Hubby was definitely the snow white cherry on top of the cake this time :-)

I’ll take an Iced Irish and Kiss before shrimp right now please!!!

Yay to Mr Dis_Yoda (insert cat call whistle....lol....if that’s allowed here! Haha)

I could take them right now too! Instead I'm drinking water and behaving. It isn't fun!

Your husband is so cute in his outfit.

OMG those ribs look amazing. I just bought a rack of baby back ribs that I'm going to try in my Instapot. They are making me want to try them tonight!

Did you end up trying the baby back ribs in the Instapot? People keep talking about it but we haven't decided to try one yet!

I'm glad my husband has fun with the princess races. We aren't doing it in 2019 so it will be 2020 probably before we go back to that race weekend.

Oh what I wouldn't do to see that photo. I'm going to have to look Betsy up to see if she'll drop the good :P

Oh how pretty. He is perfect!!!!!! If I were a green army man I would leave such a delicate beauty alone too :P

Yum! Coffee and caramel and booze. Sign. Me. Up

Yum! This looks awesome and clearly a testament to a good marriage!

That is an appetizer???? That is insane and looks so good. I'm sure it wasn't great for a road trip, but they look and sound awesome.

Thanks, as always, for including us in your amazing trip. Love, love, love your reviews and eating/drinking style. We are so cut from the same cloth, except for that whole running thing. Hubby was definitely the snow white cherry on top of the cake this time :-)

One of these days, our trips will line up and we'll actually have time to run into each other unlike the other times our trips lined up. That photo was scary! I made him much much prettier ;).

Thank you for reading along again! You do enjoy the booze and the food as much as we do! Maybe one day you'll start that running thing ;)

Did you end up trying the baby back ribs in the Instapot? People keep talking about it but we haven't decided to try one yet!

Yes I did! Last Sunday. I cooked them in the pot and then finished them on the grill. They were really tender and cooked in just about half and hour.

LOVE these reviews!! We'll be eating at many of the same places in September! Random--did you happen to take a pic of the Boardwalk room service menu? I can't find one online that lists those amazing tots you got and I would love to see an accurate/up to date one.

LOVE these reviews!! We'll be eating at many of the same places in September! Random--did you happen to take a pic of the Boardwalk room service menu? I can't find one online that lists those amazing tots you got and I would love to see an accurate/up to date one.

Glad you enjoyed them!

The tots aren't actually on the Boardwalk Room Service Menu so they wouldn't show on the menu. If you are willing to pay a little surcharge - you can get the food from any of the Boardwalk Restaurants delivered to your room as well (ESPN Zone, Trattoria, or Flying Fish). The tots are from the ESPN Zone Menu. I'm pretty sure that the Room Service Kitchen actually is the ESPN Kitchen based off my ordering of wings and such. It always arrives fresh!

Glad you enjoyed them!

The tots aren't actually on the Boardwalk Room Service Menu so they wouldn't show on the menu. If you are willing to pay a little surcharge - you can get the food from any of the Boardwalk Restaurants delivered to your room as well (ESPN Zone, Trattoria, or Flying Fish). The tots are from the ESPN Zone Menu. I'm pretty sure that the Room Service Kitchen actually is the ESPN Kitchen based off my ordering of wings and such. It always arrives fresh!

Oh! That’s so cool! Thanks for the info :) I definitely hope to try this on my fall trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter