Young Kids at Universal?

PrincessMommyLM

Mommy to a Marvelous Munchkin, Princess to One and
We are debating whether or not to try a Universal/IOA trip within the next year or two... None of us has ever been.

My DS will be 3 in June, so he would most likely be 3 or a very young 4 when we go (then we will have to take a year or two off traveling as we are planning baby #2 about that time :goodvibes)

My question is... Is there enough "stuff" for a 3 or 4 year old to enjoy to merit a trip? AND - Is there TOO much "stuff" he could NOT do that would be frustrating to him (and us!)

Thanks!

Just my opinion, but I thought Universal was geared more towards older kids. Lots of roller coasters and even the more tame rides might be scary or too mature for a little guy that young.

I guess it depends on how much time you have on this vacation (and if you are really interested in the parks as adults). If you can easily fit it in then I would go to Universal and IOA. You could get a one day park to park ticket and could do quite a bit between the two. I have a 3 and 6 year old and they love both parks. My 6 year old is tall for her age and when she was 4 she could ride A LOT. My younger daughter is very petite so she doesn't get to ride a lot at those parks BUT she LOVES Dr. Seuss land in IOA and she LOVES the JAWs ride, E.T. ride the Barney show and the Curious George play area at Universal (among other things).
However, keeping that in mind we didn't have as much time last trip and solely focused on Disney and Sea World since they both appeal to younger kids more.

I've taken my kids there when they were < 7 yrs. Remember, it doesn't take much to keep younger ones busy. In fact, trying to do too much just overtires them and makes them cranky. My kids spent most of the afternoon just in the Curious George splash zone. They never worried that they were 'missing' Barney, Fivel's playland, Jimmy Neutron, E.T. or Animal Actors.

Over at IoA theres Seuss Landing (High in the Sky Suess Trolley Train ride; 1 fish 2 fish, red fish, blue fish; Carosuessel; Sneetch Beach and the Cat in the Hat ride), or Me Ship the Olive over in Toon Lagoon. Even Camp Jurassic is a hit with them.

Younger kids are the easiest to please. "They like the wrapping paper and box better than the present." :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter