Your favorite accessory below $50?

KarenAylwood

<font color=red>It wouldn't be the holidays withou
I have a Canon XSi, along with the 18-55mm kit lens, the 18-200mm lens and the 580EX II flash. I have a bunch of camera bags, a remote shutter release, a coiled flash cord, a tripod, gorillapod, photoshop and a few photo books.

My birthday is coming up and I want to ask for some camera accessories but don't even know where to start!

What's your favorite accessory below $50?? I need some ideas!! :goodvibes

I just love my Mickey Mouse Lens Cloth.
disney-mickey-lens-cloth.jpg

I attached to my lens strap and always have it available.

In the same vain, I also have a one of those small thumb flash lights attached to my strap. That comes in quite handy when it fumbling in the dark.
MICROBEAM_p2.jpg

I use one of those C-Clips to attach both to my strap.

For me...I can't remember what exactly fits in the $50 and under category, but each of these is at least in the vicinity:

1. Kata Reflex-E strap - so so so much better than the factory strap. Liked it better than other popular strap options I've seen pitched here.

2. Hoya ND400 9-stop filter - price depends on the thread size you buy it for - it can get over $50 - but if you go with a lens with a smaller thread 58mm and under, it's pretty close. Daytime slow shutter action!

3. Pentax eyepiece maginfier - viewfinders are always a bit small on most DSLRs unless you get a pentaprism full frame camera. So a viewfinder magifier makes using the viewfinder much more of a pleasure.

4. Bulb blower, DSLR sensor brush, sensor swabs, E2 cleaning solution - all for the same general purpose, and all highly useful and recommended for every DSLR shooter.

Without a doubt my Op/Tech Pro Loop Strap!

Also the rocket blaster blower. And I recently purchased a case to hold my memory cards since I was always sticking them in some little pocket and then having to search thru everything to find them again.

I don't know if this counts as an accessory, but have you thought about the Bryan Peterson books? :confused3 I know those have been more valuable to me than some of my other typical "accessories". There's also another book called The Moment It Clicks by Joe McNally. You might try that. :thumbsup2

my bogen ultralight monopod was under 50 and imo the best "steal" i have ever gotten camera wise. my tamrac system 3 bag was around 50 ( few yrs back but still like new and i love it. ) and a canon backpack that i never carry due to hating backpacks but is a great bag if you like backpacks was even less( thinking under 40 on amazon, it now holds all my stuff at home) my optech strap is worth every under $50 penny as well.
biggest under $50 waste of money was my delkin lcd sun shield( around $25) such a pain to keep open and closing i used if one day then never again

I am always glad for my gorillapod when I need a quick little tripod. I was also thinking about my reflector...think it was a little more than $50.00, but you might find it cheaper if you look around. I use it to both reflect and block the light.

Sea to Summit's Ultra-Sil dry sacks and their seam-sealed stuff sacks are worth a lot when it starts to rain! I do not have room in my small camera bag for the camera itself so I carry a dry sack to stash the camera (and the camera bag) in when the weather gets bad.

They weigh about 2 ounces, fold up really small, and have *so* much more style than a plastic garbage bag! ;)

I will second the rocket blower. I also like the lens pen. Another item that may seem strange is a pack of ball bungees. They are nine inches and can be used for many things. I can attach a sb800 to a post to use as an off camera flash. They work really well. You can get them at Northern Tool.

My favorite accessory is my LowePro 200 AW bag, but it was a bit over $50. So I'll have to go with the water bottle bag that attaches to the bag.

18-1912-IMG1.jpeg

Another great accessory (about $50) for the Xsi is a ReallyRightStuff camera quick release plate. Unfortunately it only works with a RRS or compatible clamp, the least expensive of which is about $60 (if it adapts to your tripod/head).

Nothing I have found holds the camera as securely!

Btw, I have successfully adapted a RRS clamp to a Velbon ballhead but it was a challenge (meaning several implements of destruction were involved)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter