Your favorite City Walk restaurant?

bethzfl

DIS Veteran
My fiance and I have never been to City Walk and would like to eat here our first night in the area. The restaurants all sound so good. I'm looking forward to hearing which you like best and if there's any specific reason why :)

TIA.

PS: we're not picky eaters - just not huge seafood fans :)

Emeril's for an unbelievable meal and service

Margaritaville for good food and fun

Emerils! No question! Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere. We visit every time we pass through Orlando!

I did have a good meal at Margaritaville once too (if you want something more casual and inexpensive).

BTW-Tchoup Chop isn't at Citywalk...it's at the Royal Pacific Resort.

Since I hate planning ahead, I only go to Emeril's when it's slow and I can get a table on short notice. It's good, very good, with a price tag to match, but...

For everyday dining, my favorite is NBA City. As I've become fond of saying, it's CityWalk's best-kept secret.

kellymonaghan said:

For everyday dining, my favorite is NBA City. As I've become fond of saying, it's CityWalk's best-kept secret.

Isn't that the truth!!!

We love to go to Universal. So many visits, yet had never eaten at NBA City. But last month, the other family travelling with us had a 10 year old basketball fan. So, we reluctantly agreed to try NBA City.

Were we ever blown away. And why had we never eaten there before?

The ribs were absolutely awesome. I've only had better ones one other place - Azeka's Market in Kehei, Mauii.

We are also the only people on the planet (except for the family that was sitting next to us that night who complained loudly to the manager) that has had an absolutely AWFUL meal at Tchop Chop. We went several years ago on our anniversary. Had a late sitting after we got the kids put to bed and found the meal so salty that it was inedible. And for me to say that - I will put half a shaker of salt on just about anything and my favorite candy is the Dutch drop (duble zout - or double salted) black licorice - is something. If I find something too salty, then you have to know that the chef must have spilled an entire box of salt on it. But the service was outstanding. Just couldn't eat the food.

We love Margaritaville for the fun atmosphere and the cheeseburger in paradise. But my DH is a parrothead, so anything to do with Buffet is fun.

Pastamore is ok too if you like pasta. They use both a tomato sauce and an alfredo sauce on their lasagna that makes for a somewhat unique, but good change of taste. The sampler plate is very good.

Haven't tried Emerils because of our experience with Tchop Chop.

Emeril's is for a "special" dinner. Very pricey.
We love the Latin Quarter. Have always had great meals there.

We didn't care much for Emerils, but loved Emerils Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific. After that, we all loved the Pastamore, and Pat O'Briens wings are fantastic.

I am going to say Hard Rock. Very Good Service and better Nachos then buffet's. I had the french dip, and never had more tender roastbeef. Chicken Pasta Dinner was good. Very nicely themed restuarant.

We're fans of NBA City (yet I hate basketball - go figure) - their 3 on 3 appetizer dish (while overpriced) is way better than most aps you get at other restaurants.

Margaritaville is the place to go for a great burger or some wicked good conch fritters. I believe they may also serve alcohol there.

Pat O Briens has a walk up window where you can get hurricanes. You should visit this window, unless you, y'know, don't drink.

Hard Rock has a nice location. That's the only nice thing I can say about that.

I agree with our experiences at the Hard Rock. The food and service was marginal at best. The theme was great, but little else turned us on. I have never had great food at either Hard Rock I ate at.

MartDM said:
BTW-Tchoup Chop isn't at Citywalk...it's at the Royal Pacific Resort.

D'oh!...slapping forehead... :headache:

TC is a five minute walk. :idea: Another five minute walk thats worth mentioning is Mythos in IOA.
Another that's not in CityWalk yet is Bubba Gump's. I recommend the "Bucket of Boat Trash" :fish: and a side of hush puppies.

I want to eat at them all!

I think we're going to try NBA City. My fiance would probably love the food here.. it's his type :)

Thanks for your suggestions/opinions.. :)

What about NASCAR Cafe'?

The few reviews that I have come across have been very good--no negatives.

Even though we ARE NOT auto racing fans, we're planning on eating lunch here when we visit. The menu sounds great, with something for everyone in our group. I hear the steak is excellent in taste, portion & price.

Anymore NASCAR Cafe' reviews?

Bumping for those NASCAR Cafe' visitors (I know there are some out there :goodvibes ) who missed my post.

What did you order & how was it?

we went to nascar cafe in december. we are HUGE fans, but loved the food too!!! we had chicken and ribs.....absolutely delicious!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter