Your favorite dog breed and why...

I have an American Cocker Spaniel, Lucy Brown. She just turned 16 last week. She has been dealing with Cushings Disease for the past 4-ish years. I grew up with Doxies and then got my first cocker back in the mid-90's. Lucy Brown has been the best dog I could ever hope to have. She is the sweetest, most mellow dog ever. She is a red sable parti color and if they made the live action Lady and the Tramp 10 years ago, Lucy would have been perfect as Lady. When I used to take her out and about, I had lots of people say she reminded them of Lady.

I've always loved golden retrievers, we've had four of them over the years but I hated the constant work it was to keep the dog hair under control. So I decided to get a goldendoodle the next time I was getting a dog. For the first time in more years than I can count we suddenly ended up without a dog. I was waiting to feel ready to get another dog before buying a goldendoodle when someone wanted us to take their miniature schnauzer. I resisted at first because I wanted a goldendoodle but then I realized this dog needed me, his situation wasn't good and was likely to get worse. So I decided to take him. He's only been here 6 weeks or so and has been a bit of a money pit because he had a lot of needs that had to be taken care of all at once but he is turning out to be the best dog. And he doesn't shed, yay! I'm so glad I agreed to take him in and I don't intend to get a goldendoodle at this point.

Cant believe no one said Boxer! My boxer boy is the sweetest, goofiest most loving family dog ever. I always had and adored GSD's but this time my husband got to pick the dog and he chose a boxer. I had never wanted one. He turned into the best dog ever. Minimal grooming and a big clown! My only complaint is he does not do well with other dogs.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 6

We had a pure-bred collie that we rescued from a really bad situation.
We figured we would clean him up and find him a good home.
He decided he rather liked it right here and was the best dog we could have asked for with kids growing up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!