Your Favorite Event Pins

Eeyore's Pal

Trading pins since before there were rubber backs
I love going to pin events for many reasons:

1. Great friends.
2. Great trading.
3. Great pins.

. . . .<i>In this order.</i> :p

I have wonderful times at pin events where the pins offered were. . . sort of . . . <i>Oh, well.</i> :rolleyes:

There have been notable exceptions, even where the pins were so fantastic that they overshadowed some other major problems, like extreme <i>weather</i>. Yup, you guessed it. The <i>Princess Event</i> in February of 2002.

Up until now, I would easily have picked that as the event with the pins <b>I liked best.</b>

However, the pins from the upcoming <i>Tower of Terror</i> event at DLR (April 2004), is now running a tight second for me. :earsgirl: Yes, there are numerous adorable Stitch pins....but there are also fantastic Mickeys and Minnies -- in the matched pairs that I also love! ::yes:: And the rest of the Fab 6 character pins are wonderful too.

So looking back over the events of the last 3-4 years, <b>which event offered pins you liked the best?</b>

-- It doesn't have to be an event you attended in person.
-- Consider all parks, including DLP and TDL.
-- But do take into account the whole Event catalogue.

<i>Inquiring minds want to know.</i> :teeth:

I really like the jain scene pins I have from the WDAC convention in March, 2000. I have two of them, one in silver tone, and one in gold tone. i forget which one I bought and which was a gift for the event, but they're both great! The event was awsome too!

Especially with the mixed reviews of the MGM Event (2004) pins, I know some of you have opinions!

Let's hear them folks! ::yes::

If we can so readily identify an event where the pins were generally <i>disliked</i>, I think we could more easily point to an event where we <b>really liked</b> the pins offered. :magnify:

Hands down favorites are the Princess event pins. And the Princess Ball event! I think they are the most beautiful pins.

I also thought these were nice:

pin18660

They are very clever and original, and I regret not buying them.

I also thought this framed pin from the Search for Imagination event was nice:

pin15123

Unfortunately, everyone's distress over the lines at this event overshadowed the pins, most of which were actually quite nice IMHO

From last year's AK event -- I love it the minute I saw it! ::yes::

I did not attend the event, but I was lucky enough to be able to acquire a set at the Epcot 2003 event. It is even more beautiful in person. :earsgirl:

Okay, I haven't seen pins from every event in person, I haven't even seen most in person but the ones that stick in my head the most are...
The Parti Gras pins. They had a lot of different characters in unique poses or styles. There seemed to be variety at this event.

That said, I love my dangle pins from the Festival of Pins, especially my Sebastian.

I challenge someone to name a Disney pin event or event which has had better pins than the 2002 Happy Haunts Ball...2 words Master Gracey...oh yeah the event also had The Raven pin, 3 GHost random drawing set, and 4 Beautiful HM Framed sets...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter