Your Favorite Suite, Condo or Villa for 5

Thanks for this thread!

I am currently exploring options for October 2019. We love WBC and it's usually our go to, but prices seem to increase several hundred dollars each time we go. Honestly, it's still quite reasonable all things considered, but options never hurt.

I stumbled across Windsor Hills and it looks like we can stay for 6 nights for between $800-1000 easy. WBC is looking closer to $1250.

My biggest concern at this point is how much longer the drive time will be. Even coming from WBC, the time spent driving, sitting in traffic, and parking is enough :) I'd hate to add to that by a lot.

Commute time to the parks from WBC is obviously more direct, but Windsor Hills is just a few minutes away and we never hit traffic heading into the parks. While at WBC, we found that we spent time back-tracking away from the Disney bubble when we wanted to pick up groceries or grab coffees. My husband and I were laughing about it because we stayed there to be closer to the park, but then he was running out to the Dunkin Donuts on the 535 at 6:30am, and back-tracking into the bubble to pick us up for the park. I know most people wouldn't do this, but we are serious about our coffee. I still loved the location of WBC, though!!

I just returned from an on site stay at a mod with my family of 5. We had a great stay and utilized DME, buses etc. We were all in one room with the 5th sleeper. My kids are currently 5, 7 and 8, and so this all worked out fine. I got a discounted rate and saved by not renting a vehicle. My kids are all still in car seats and boosters so would have had to rent a bigger vehicle.

Anyway... we discussed that our next trip will probably be 2022. By then my kids will be 12, 11 and 9. I am going to want at least a suite with a separate bedroom. Kitchenette is better too, but just a mini fridge/micro combo is ok too. Balcony or patio would also be great. My other preference is proximity to Dis... like either right in Springs or Epcot area.

I am hoping by then I'll have less car seats/boosters and we can fit in a smaller vehicle - OR we might be traveling with friends of ours (family of 3) and maybe split the cost of an 8 passenger van or something.

What fits the bill that you Enjoy? Right now I have Wyndham Bonnet Creek on my list.

Thoughts on Doubletree? Embassy? What else? Obviously 3 years is hard to predict pricing on anything at all - or what perks included, but I'm trying to assemble a list of places to keep an eye on and come up with a savings goal.

Good idea to plan ahead and get options for a working list, but resort experiences/upkeep/management can change within a few years.

Even though I’ve rented my own DVC points in the past, really suggest going thru a rental company vs an individual:

1. DVC, get plans in place well before 11 month booking window to attempt to secure where you want to stay. A 1 BR typically easier to snag than a studio

2. WBC, which I think is lovely and closer than many of the onsite wdw properties

3. Sheraton Vistana, just not a fit for me. I wouldn’t want to land in any section but the cascades there.

The margarittaville property is just getting up & running, seems like some bumps there getting it up & going, but might want to keep an eye on it as a dark horse.

Many friends swear the Holiday Inn Vacation Club (near sherbeth road entrance to ‘the world’ & AK area) is a great property. Don’t see it mentioned often here though as an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter