Your favorite vacation outside of WDW

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
Hi,

We have just purchased 175 SSR points. Since we live here in California we will not return to WDW until 2005.

Checking to see what other places you all have been to using with your points. (Concierge Collection or World Passport) I know it's not a good use of points, but we'd like to vacation close to home this time. We saw Tanque Verde Ranch. Looks like fun, and alot of points :(

Looking forward to all your responses!

Deb

Alaska, absolutely, have done it with and without points, will do it again. Trying a DCL cruise next year. Also saving points for the African safari, can't wait to try that.

Las Vegas...............wouldn't use pts to stay there.........but consider it the WDW for adults.
fing11.gif

...if we don't fly to DVC, we drive from Northern Illinois to Iowa (Amana Colonies) where DW is from or to St Louis to visit my sister and her family, or to Murphysboro (southern Illinois) where DW's grandmother lives. The summer road trips through the corn fields are a nice change of pace.

I recently purchased pretty low cost Worldmark credits resale. Many of Wordmark timeshare properties are on the West Coast, CA, Ore, WA. I too live in CA and go to WDW every other year. Between times I will use my Worldmark credits.
Mike

We limit our points use to Disney collection. We are lucky (or at least for me unlucky because I am the person who earns them) to have lots of hotel and airline points so we tend to use them for non-Disney travel.

We like the southwest and west coast for any of the national parks and national wildlife areas, also Hawaii (going there again in September). Want to do Alaska after that - possibly summer of 2006. So far the consensus is to do a cruise and train combination for that one. We have a San Diego / DL trip in the plans for 2005.

The nicest trips we have outside of WDW are to the East Coast of Canada - PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland - laid back, relatively inexpensive, great seafood and an all-in-all good example to the kids that life is not all about urban areas

thanks
jaysue

It's so nice to hear that people enjoy visiting us here on the East Coast...come back anytime!!
We like to say that we live where people go to vacation..!!:D

For our vacations, though, we enjoy... (my kids are sitting right here with me, and filling in with suggestions...) you guessed it, WDW!!

If my DH were sitting here with me..Las Vegas, cruises and the Carribbean!

:sunny:

Our favorite is Maine. We spend the summer on the coast of Maine every year and are the primary cause for the drmatic increase in the price of lobster.;)

HBC

ARUBA !!!!!!! Hands down no doubt about it 4 years ago we went there on a world passport exchange and wound up buying two weeks at the Marriott aruba Ocean club:bounce:

Hi, My daughter went to London and stayed at the Dorchester and can't wait to go back!! She said it was worth all the points!

Used points to spend 12 nights at Kapalua Bay Hotel in Maui. Wonderful low-key, laid-back, semi-isolated location with lots of natural beauty and no high rise hotels in sight. A vacation dream-come-true.

dairylou - I think you probably want something closer to home?

then go ask on tug

www.tug2.net

you can't read the resort reviews unless you join ($15) - but you can ask question - just register - there is a site for Western - ask what they liked and didn't like.

Disney limited our choices with II - so just because a resort is listed with II - doesn't mean you can trade to it.

I have heard that the Marriott's in your part of the country are all nice.

there is a separate Marriott board - so you can also ask there.

Hawaii - any island is all right with me! What a place it is. If I lived on the west coast, I'd probably not own DVC and instead own something on Maui.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter