Your Home on the Range box office predictions

11/61 Going up against Ella Enchanted which my DD's are both looking forward to seeing. There is a big following for that book among tween and young teen girls. The star is the young lady from The Princess Diaries.

***" Will anybody bid more than $100 million?"***

Uh,Larry... I'm at 101 and Golter is at 110.... don't we count ?

Word on the street was that there was some serious pessimism over hear regarding this film, so I had to take a look for myself...

Larry's right, these are the lowest predictions I can remember seeing.

My hunch is its justified. (Then again, my guesses were over for both BB and L&S, so what do I know?)

10/51

I think it struggles big-time.

Oops, sorry Vike, I skimmed it so fast, and basically was in shock at the low figures, that I missed both of them.

Matt, my feeling is that the music and the jokes will make this another Groove...a slow starter that just keeps going and going and going for a respectable box office.

Of course, it is getting a little better promotion than Groove did, so that may help, but Cou$in Mikey has a much shorter leash for the last few releases, so that might hurt.

I like the few snippets of the songs I've heard, and I loved the humor in Groove, so here's hoping that it turns out okay.

Home on the Range made a estimated 14 million this weekend. Not good for a 100million dollar movie to make and untold millions to advertise.

It was a pretty soft week at the box office all around ... "The Prince and Me" probably took away some of the pre-teen audience, while "Scooby-Doo" grabbed some of the family folk as well. Even the top grosser this week ("Hellboy") didn't totally blow anyone out of the water at $23m. Still ... it would have been nice to have finished above Scooby ...

:earsboy:

It was a pretty soft week at the box office all around ...

I think it just might look that way at first glance, since the money was spread around a bit, rather than one movie raking it all in.

This from Yahoo:

The overall box office rose for the sixth-straight weekend. The top 12 movies took in $114.5 million, up 40 percent from the same weekend last year.

"There were four new wide releases -- the same as the previous weekend -- which, with some solid holdovers, helped boost the boxoffice for the top 12 films to a stunning 39% increase on the comparable session in 2003. In addition, five films grossed more than $10 million each; it marked the sixth consecutive up session; and four films were playing in more than 3,000 theaters each, which has happened on three weekends so far this year, as compared with zero by this point in 2003."

Above from the hollywood reporter. com
No signs at all of a week box office, only weak on the balance sheet for Home on The Range!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter