Your Home Resort

gmboy95

Go Patriots!!!!!
I am wondering how many people have bought into a particular resort, and rarely stay at that resort....We own at VWL but really like BCV, and have only stayed once at our home resort...Is this unusual?.....I am wondering also if there are people who own at a particular place and have NEVER stayed there? Such as HH and VB....Do those people find the 7 month window to be a real issue?

Hi,

I have yet to go to our "home" BCV!!! Will in December 2004. I always we'd try each resort. So far that is true. We love HH!!! The 7 month window doesn't bother me. It just takes planning. :)

Allison an associate

We've been members at BWV since '99 and STILL haven't gone to our "real" home yet! Main reason -- with our young kids, we just preferred a dedicated 2br (which doesn't exist at BWV). And honestly, we had stayed several times at OKW and loved it -- it was very hard to "break away" from something we loved! It's like looking at a dessert menu and seeing the cheesecake you know you love, but being tempted to try that new silk pie, or maybe the delicious ice cream sundae... DVC has all good choices, it makes it hard to "give up" a favorite, even when you know another resort will be just as good (different, but good!) and probably just become ANOTHER favorite (and make choices that much harder!)

We did try VWL last trip -- and LOVED it. So NOW I am faced with pangs of VWL withdrawal as I prepare for our trip this summer -- We are FINALLY going to give BWV a try! (along with a quick test of BCV, too!) We are bringing SIL/BIL and their 2 boys with us, so we will give them the studio part (and they will probably make good use out of that extra door and kitchenette!) WE CAN'T WAIT! It's 3 degrees outside... C'mon AUGUST! BRING ON THE HEAT!

We own at BCV. So far we have not stayed there. We have stayed at OKW only. The 7 month window has not been a problem with us so far. We usually travel in off season.

Unfortunately, the poll doesn't include our option "Own at VWL but never stay there". Or if it does, I didn't see it. DH and I go once a year and stay at OKW when we go together-emphasis is rest and vacation, not really parks, OKW seems ideal to us for that. Then I go solo once a year and stay at BCV. I try to make this around Christmas time, and when I'm solo, empahasis is on parks, primarily Epcot, so this is perfect (plus I'm a homesick Massachusetts girl, and this resort reminds me so much of Cape Cod).

We own at BCV but almost always stay at OKW. When we travel with my parents its easier for them to access our vehicles right out front. I also like saving points so we can visit more than once a year. When we "splurge" on points, we love the VWL. My children are young and the MK being so close is great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter