Your least favorite Disney sit-down restaurant

DIsney242424

Earning My Ears
Just wondering which places to avoid in general. I know things change over time, but curious which is your least liked sit down place.

Thanks

It's all subjective but there are a couple I have feelings about....

Tusker House in AK. It's a buffet with characters. It's nicely decorated and I'm always fond of AC anywhere at AK. But the food is bland and weird. It's supposed to be Indian or African influenced, but it doesn't taste like anything but squishy with coconut milk. It's like Vegas Vacation - "I'll have some of the yella".

Another loser for me is Garden Grove. Another buffet with characters (but run by Marriott). My family went there for dinner a couple of years ago. It was very low-key, that's great. But the characters were extra dingy, like the costumes were cast offs from some better character meal. Otherwise, dinner was strangely reminiscent of Thanksgiving dinner at a Howard Johnson's restaurant in western Pennsylvania in 1985..... Sliced roast beef, mashed potatoes, shrimp cocktail, vegetable soup, mountains of dinner rolls. It was good, but it wasn't. The highlight I suppose is that I think Marriott does a much better job of buffet desserts than Disney. Disney desserts seem like a lot of beautiful cardboard sometimes.... Marriott kicks some cake butt.

I wanted to love it but the food at Ohana when I was there last summer was pretty bad. The drinks and atmosphere were great but the meat was tough and didn't have much flavor. The noodles and the salad were also underwhelming. I will not return. Chef Mickey's was much better.

I respectfully disagree. Tusker House has great food but that particular character dining option can feel very hectic (although their safari outfits are so cute! But you could always schedule meeting Mickey and Minnie at AK to see those outfits). I would instead recommend the characterless Boma buffet at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I'd have to say the chaotic nature of Chef Mickey's (if you count buffet as sit down) but true table service, I don't love "Wave" at CR.

We wanted to like Coral Reef since we both love aquatic life and aquariums, but we found the service to be pretty mediocre during both of our meals there. It was like they kept forgetting about us, which I could imagine because that place gets busy! The menu also felt quite limited compared to other Table Service restaurants. There are so many wonderful places to eat in Epcot that we can't justify it anymore.

Easily Tony's. The idea of Tony's is wonderful, the execution though...

Last time years ago we had a surprising wait for our ADR time. The place is crowded and loud, they pack as many in there as they can.

The food quality... Olive garden blows it away in terms of quality.

If food was so-so, or atmosphere wasn't terrible, or the place wasn't just loud and packed maybe it could be okay, but it fails on all accounts.

Rainforest Cafe @ Animal Kingdom. So-so food, terrible service. No, never again.

Edit to add Quick Service pick - DHS, Backlot Express. I kinda like the theme and there was plenty of seating, but the food was sub-par and the staff was really inattentive. Not DIsney quality at all IMHO.

Love Tusker House--it's on our must-go-there list every trip.

OP, that should give you a little hint about what's about to happen here, which is that someone will say "Restaurant X--I will never go there again! Yick!" to be followed by others saying how much they love the place.

Chef Mickeys. I watched kids drop serving utensils onto the floor then put them back into the food, or help themselves with their hands as CMs stood by & did nothing - also saw a Mom put a piece of food her child dropped onto the counter right back into the serving dish. It was a very pricy one and done for me. 😕

Prime Time 50's poor service, server not in to the role playing. Food wasn't great. We really wanted to like it.
Coral Reef loved the aquarium but it was loud and the food was not good.

Yet another opportunity to say, "Coral Reef"! Horrible service, very long wait times and meh food. It's a nice fish tank, but I can go to my dentist to see a nice fish tank.

Easily Tony's. The idea of Tony's is wonderful, the execution though...

Last time years ago we had a surprising wait for our ADR time. The place is crowded and loud, they pack as many in there as they can.

The food quality... Olive garden blows it away in terms of quality.

If food was so-so, or atmosphere wasn't terrible, or the place wasn't just loud and packed maybe it could be okay, but it fails on all accounts.
I agree with Tony's. Last time we were there, I couldn't stop comparing the restaurant to Olive Garden as well and how much more value OG is over Tony's. We said never again.

The Edison, worst service we ever had, poor food, bad server, got food poisoning also..
Hollywood and Vine, bad buffet not worth the price. Think Golden Corral.
Chefs de France, food was bland, selection meh and very noisy.
Liberty Tree, just not good maybe it is better now but when we ate there was no better than a typical chain restaurant..
Planet Hollywood, overpriced food that you can get elsewhere for less. Atmosphere is okay but not food.

50’s Primetime have always gotten good food there. Server can be hit or miss and that is part of the reason to eat here.
Coral Reef has always been good for us. Atmosphere is nice especially if you get table next to tank. Food has always been okay to good.
Via Napoli while loud has some of best pizza at Disney. Everything at Disney is overpriced so saying a place is not okay for that alone is just opinion as it applies all places.
Plaza has always been good for us. Plus all you can drink handmade shakes🙂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter