Your least favorite Disney sit-down restaurant

I take Disney food for what it is, and generally enjoy it, but Tiffins was probably the worst. It’s not that the food was too adventurous (the usual complaint), because I have a broad palate, it’s that it was dry and bland as all get out. It was also the one restaurant I’ve ever eaten at on Disney property where I was given attitude about my food allergy. Never again. I would eat at Sci-Fi again before Tiffins, at least the atmosphere is cool and service was great the time I went, even if the food was aggressively mediocre.

I take Disney food for what it is, and generally enjoy it, but Tiffins was probably the worst. It’s not that the food was too adventurous (the usual complaint), because I have a broad palate, it’s that it was dry and bland as all get out. It was also the one restaurant I’ve ever eaten at on Disney property where I was given attitude about my food allergy. Never again. I would eat at Sci-Fi again before Tiffins, at least the atmosphere is cool and service was great the time I went, even if the food was aggressively mediocre.
Unfortunate that you had such a bad experience at Tiffins. We eat there almost every trip and have had very good food there and never had an issue with the servers. Every restaurant has an off day and it sounds like you got one of theirs. Although attitude from the server should not happen.

Unfortunate that you had such a bad experience at Tiffins. We eat there almost every trip and have had very good food there and never had an issue with the servers. Every restaurant has an off day and it sounds like you got one of theirs. Although attitude from the server should not happen.

Usually I'm not a "one and done" type of person because anywhere can have an off night. The attitude was what really got me. So unlike Disney, it was shocking.

I'm really surprised to see Ohana pop up several times, I've never eaten there but I've seen the food and it looked so good! I actually plan on going out of my way to try it. For me, it is Tony's in Magic Kingdom. I have not had as much as a bad experience as some people here have, it just simply wasn't as memorable as my other table service restaurants.

I've seen 50's Prime Time crop up a few times - I've eaten here 3 times, food for me was great 3/3 times. I've had good experiences with the servers (I actually got the same one a few years apart! He was great!). I had one server who wasn't as committed to the schtick but was really lovely and still threw in some jokes here and there.

I'm really surprised to see Ohana pop up several times, I've never eaten there but I've seen the food and it looked so good! I actually plan on going out of my way to try it. For me, it is Tony's in Magic Kingdom. I have not had as much as a bad experience as some people here have, it just simply wasn't as memorable as my other table service restaurants.

I've seen 50's Prime Time crop up a few times - I've eaten here 3 times, food for me was great 3/3 times. I've had good experiences with the servers (I actually got the same one a few years apart! He was great!). I had one server who wasn't as committed to the schtick but was really lovely and still threw in some jokes here and there.
We first ate at 'Ohana years ago--sometime in the mid-2000s--and REALLY enjoyed it. Thought everything was cooked to the right temp, well-seasoned, service was good, etc. We've dined there a number of times since, and it seems like the food has slowly gone downhill over the years. We had a number of hit or miss service issues--the restaurant is always super-busy and hectic so that can happen--but the food just doesn't seem as good now. When I asked the family where they wanted to eat 10 years ago, 'Ohana was always on the list. Now it's more of a "not at 'Ohana" response. But it is still super-popular.

Just wondering which places to avoid in general. I know things change over time, but curious which is your least liked sit down place.

Thanks
This is a strange answer:

If you love good food - avoid Sci-Fi Dine-In.

If you are going to Disney because you are a kid at heart - go to Sci-Fi Dine-In.

FWIW, I'm a food snob, but I never miss an opportunity to enjoy Sci-Fi.....because it may be the quietest dining room at Disney (that is not Victoria & Albert).

Rain forest cafe, coral reef and the dinosaur restaurant (though we are forced to eat here by my young son). I wanna love Coral Reef because of the setting and history of it but food is always awful and way overpriced. We give it a try every few years because we love the atmosphere but always leave disappointed

Brown Derby and Jungle Skipper Canteen. Both places have good theming, but that is the only positive. Service was not good at either restaurant.

I wanted to love it but the food at Ohana when I was there last summer was pretty bad. The drinks and atmosphere were great but the meat was tough and didn't have much flavor. The noodles and the salad were also underwhelming. I will not return. Chef Mickey's was much better.
Yes, I totally agree with this. Also what is with Disney with no salt or pepper shakers on the table?

Sounds like you dealt with a bad server. I’d give it another try, they’re usually very consistent. I wouldn’t even blame the restaurant - sounds like the server (dry food means it sat and attitude about allergies means the server probably didn’t know how to handle it) was the one who had the off day.

I don't know that's a place I'd never eat again, but I have a couple that I'm not eager to try again soon.

50s Prime Time Cafe- it was just meh to me; nothing special or terrible, just there
Hollywood Brown Derby- service was slow and food was just ok

The only Disney restaurant I ever found to be just gross was Hollywood & Vine. No thanks, not ever again. :crazy2:

Edit: Also the buffet at Shades of Green, I know that probably doesn't count but ick. I don't have anything against buffets, I like plenty... but not those two!

Brown Derby and Jungle Skipper Canteen. Both places have good theming, but that is the only positive. Service was not good at either restaurant.

Oh, Oh. Those are two restaurants I've never eaten at, but they were both on my list for next time (whenever that may be).

After 4 pages, you've probably seen every restaurant listed by now. Its a very subjective thing, so take it with a grain of salt. This is our approach and we will try any of them once, but one place that is quite popular that we did not love was Ohana. It was very loud and busy, and they put us at a table right in the middle of an aisle. Food and service were quick, but TOO quick. Felt rushed. Food was just ok. We did not get the hype when our meal was over.

We wanted to like Coral Reef since we both love aquatic life and aquariums, but we found the service to be pretty mediocre during both of our meals there. It was like they kept forgetting about us, which I could imagine because that place gets busy! The menu also felt quite limited compared to other Table Service restaurants. There are so many wonderful places to eat in Epcot that we can't justify it anymore.

110% THIS. The worst menu, and service has been hit or miss in our experience. We've been 5 times in the past 10 years, hoping for a better experience, but no luck.

Chef Mickey’s & Hollywood and Vine are permanently on my “No Go” list. With luck they won’t survive the pandemic.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter