Your least favorite Disney sit-down restaurant

Oktoberfest Biergarten in Germany. I could get better food at some local places and I really have a distaste for buffets even before the virus showed up. This is not against the chefs or servers there as that was fantastic- it's just the buffet and the disjointed service before you even sit down that's the most annoying.

We waited for a long time past our reservation and it took forever. I guess we had a good experience in 1996 since that's why my family wanted to do it again.

Afterward we basically b-lined to the skyliner to get out before the fireworks started.
Love Biergarten.

I don't know that's a place I'd never eat again, but I have a couple that I'm not eager to try again soon.

50s Prime Time Cafe- it was just meh to me; nothing special or terrible, just there
Hollywood Brown Derby- service was slow and food was just ok
Hollywood Brown Derby, one year great, the next year, meh.

Morimoto Asia for me. No better than your run of the mill local Asian joint, but three times the cost. Worse, actually. Bland and uninspiring. Both times I’ve gone I’ve walked out and saw Homecoming and ablaze and thought, I should’ve went there!

Liberty Tree Tavern. Dinner was disappointing. Very mediocre and very rushed. I believe Morimoto Asia is overrated too. I had a great meal at Morimoto in Napa, CA once but the WDW location doesn’t come close.

Chef Mickeys for us. Its great to see the characters but the food is underwhelming for the venue. Typical Disney case where they rope you in with the themeing and under perform with the food.

Chef Mickey's, too. It was just a crazy experience with little ones. Very festive and great character interaction, but I've never felt so rushed through any character meal as we were there!

We had horrible service at the Wave, absolutely terrible. Slow front desk, slow server, slow kitchen. Everyone was raving about how good it was and that was NOT our experience.

I also don't like Garden Grove (in the Swan, not the place in Epcot which is Garden Grill).

To be honest, maybe I'm easy to please, but we've been to a ton of Disney restaurants, and those are the only two that are never agains.

Pretty much every place will end up on this list.

True - but the only correct answer is Tony's :crazy2:

I usually try to give restaurants two tries before I declare them to be bad. Tony's never got that honor. Went once and called it a day. Our server was amazing though! We ended up loving the experience but hated the food.

There are some restaurants that are built around the experience and need to be rated as such. Food at Coral Reef, Ohana, Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Table, etc. produce terrible food, yet we go almost every year. The kids enjoy them too much.

Yak & Yeti was an awful experience and had awful food. Monsieur Paul was also a complete let down in both experience and food.

I thought Tony’s was fine. The interior is awesome, love the lady and the tramp fountain.

but I also did not go there expecting fine dining.

. Otherwise, dinner was strangely reminiscent of Thanksgiving dinner at a Howard Johnson's restaurant in western Pennsylvania in 1985
:rotfl2: This is an oddly specific description. Thanksgiving '85 traumatic for you???;)

I'm very easy to please, I feel, as far as food goes, and I won't eat at Chef Mickey's again. It was awful with no theme whatsoever, chaotic with kids just running everywhere and ruining your pics, and the food was terrible. We went for dinner and there was ONE carved meat, one choice of steamed veggie (broccoli, which none of us like cooked) and bottled ranch dressing for the dismal salad bar. Dressing is so cheap to make, for $60/person I'm fairly certain Disney can do better than imitation Hidden Valley. I make my own dressing often enough it's not hard to tell which is made in-house and which comes in a huge bottle. Maybe they come bottled at Disney, but Chef Mickey's was definitely the worst, but most expensive. So overall, the food selection was abysmal, the atmosphere was chaotic, and the characters only spend about a second to take a pic, and then they were moving on. So much more time spent at other restaurants.

Kona Grill is the only other one. My kids will eat any kind of pasta. ANY. The kids menu there didn't have anything else to their liking (which is also saying something) and neither would eat the pasta with red sauce. We flagged the waitress and she turned to another waitress and said "Oh look, again my name is "excuse me ma'am". :mad: So service and food was NOT good.

:rotfl2: This is an oddly specific description. Thanksgiving '85 traumatic for you???;)
Indeed.

Mother cut her finger tip off with the bread knife at the bread station. Daddy took her to the ER to get it sewed back on. Grandpapa stayed with us kids at the buffet and kept refilling our plates. Surreal.

-Biergarten...recently gave it another try after years avoiding it, my DH adores the food there but doesn't like the communal dining aspect, and the food is just not my taste (except their red cabbage!)

-Tony's...it's always so packed and noisy that I can't appreciate the atmosphere, and that's all it has going for it. Frozen & reheated Italian food isn't my jam, hence why I avoid Olive Garden too :rolleyes1

-Tony's...it's always so packed and noisy that I can't appreciate the atmosphere, and that's all it has going for it. Frozen & reheated Italian food isn't my jam, hence why I avoid Olive Garden too :rolleyes1
It's just like Olive Garden, that's why I like it. Overcooked noodles, plain sauce. Everything's adequate, but not stellar....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter