Your opinion on resale

carlos1117

OKW Mike
Friends,

Need opinions. Myself and DW are about to bid on BWV. What is the lowest I should bid per point?

Thanks!

It depends. are there current year points left? Any banked points? Personally in today's market, if there were most of the current year points left, I'd but $74 per points and as the buyer would also reimburse for 2004 fees on left points and pay closing. That most likely would make it through ROFR. If there are banked points, I'd raise my bid by a point or so.

Good luck! We have an offer in on a BWV contract, but we're probably going to pull out. We got BWV points through DVC on their waitlist and are probably going to take those!

I just saw the listing you're looking at. Those 28 points aren't banked, they're 2004 points. You wouldn't have any points available until April 2005, unless you borrowed. Based on that, I'd pay what the seller is asking, and not reinburse maintenence for those 28 points. I'd also pay closing. Good luck!

To help you guage, just passed ROFR today on a 150 point contract at 73 points with June use, 110 points current, I paid closing and MF's on the 110 points.

$72 - $74 should do it.

After having our contract bought back by Disney I will go through Disney for our points from now on it is a sure thing that way. You may pay a little more but atleast you don't have to wait around to find out if DVC is buying it out from under you.

I agree with jel0511. If you want that contract, pay what they are asking. Ask the seller to pay MF on all "used" 2004 points, and you pay closing. That should "probably" get through...but, it is still a little hard to tell right now. DVC just raised their prices on "sold out" resorts so that they can "more aggressively" pursue buying back resales that are in the ROFR stage. The fact that you are basically buying a "stripped" contract means that particular contract is less appealing to DVC than others that currently have points. In order for DVC to sell that contract, they would have to pull points from the developer's inventory and "re-load" the contract, or let it sit in their inventory until the points are full on the account, because whenever DVC sells a property, it comes with all of the current year's points. So, really DVC would not be so interested in that contract unless it was "too good of a deal" for them to pass up.

I hope that makes sense...I know you are still new to this. Also, keep in mind that with DVC's new policy, you COULD buy through DVC and finance through them and get points at BWV (at $89 per point)...but, DVC then covers the closing costs (about $500 which means that you could subtract $2.38 per point off of DVC's price when comparing it to this contract if you are paying closing costs).

Good luck in your decision,

:wave:

Beca

Originally posted by LisaSt
After having our contract bought back by Disney I will go through Disney for our points from now on it is a sure thing that way. You may pay a little more but atleast you don't have to wait around to find out if DVC is buying it out from under you.
LisaSt - If I remember correctly you were buying BWV with a Feb use year. We were on the waiting list with Disney for exactly the same thing, and the waitlist came through yesterday for us. I wonder if those were your points!!!!!!:scratchin

Originally posted by jel0511
LisaSt - If I remember correctly you were buying BWV with a Feb use year. We were on the waiting list with Disney for exactly the same thing, and the waitlist came through yesterday for us. I wonder if those were your points!!!!!!:scratchin

Ahhh...how sad!!! I know it is kind of like "eating meat"...we all know where it comes from, but ahhhh!!!...it still makes me a little crazy!! I want points...just not any that should belong to a dis'er!!!!

:wave:

Beca

Jel0511 congrats on the contract it could very well be the one we were trying to get. Atleast it was someon on here we will say that got them so they kinda stayed in the family. So when can we book our trip with your/our points hehe.

Originally posted by LisaSt
Jel0511 congrats on the contract it could very well be the one we were trying to get. Atleast it was someon on here we will say that got them so they kinda stayed in the family. So when can we book our trip with your/our points hehe.
I've already banked the 2004 points, but the BWV system has been down since yesterday, so I haven't been able to book anything yet!!!! :teeth: :teeth: I'll be trying again tomorrow! Trying to snag BW View one bedroom for 4th of July week!!!!

As i stated in another post, disney is most definitely buying back stripped contracts. I lost one in which their were only a few points left in 2005. So they would have to reload it. Mine wasn't the only stripped one ROFRed either today. My guess you would need to be about 74 per point and pay all closing costs to be safe but I have a suspicion that Disney is about more than just buying back a few contracts. It might be the beginning of their exclusive right to resale by making the resale process outside of disney a crap shoot. People who are anxious to join as I was in the beginning will just bite the bullet and pay the higher cost thru Disney than take a chance on waiting weeks only to be disappointed. It will be great for sellers but the bargain resales are going to go the way of the dinasaur I'm afraid. I hope I'm wrong, and glad I already have the bulk of my points. I was looking for some investment property at present , and more time at BWV in my retirement years rather than invest in a second home in florida. I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with what I have for the present.

guess you would need to be about 74 per point and pay all closing costs to be safe
I'd have to agree with you. We had already put in an offer for a BWV resale when the new price and procedures were anounced at DVC. We also were buying a stripped contract, but all 05 points were in tact. The offer would have made it through all of this, but based on what I have been reading, we were marginal at best for getting through ROFR. So, I put myself on the waiting list at DVC for our add-on as a precaution, if we fell through, but with full intentions of getting another resale. Well, our add-on from DVC came through yesterday. We decided to bite the bullet and pay the additional cost and get the guaranteed points now. So. we pulled out of our resale contract today. Our offer was below what you think the ceiling is, and I do think it would have been bought back. Now, I don't have to worry, and don't intend to add any more points on for a couple of years at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter