Your opinions...

ABell

Earning My Ears
hi everyone,

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the following lenses for my canon 20D...

Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Autofocus
compared to the
Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC Autofocus

Thanks so much...
Andrea

Your question is too vague for a real answer... what lenses do you own already? What is the main purpose for wanting either of these? Why are you comparing two lenses that have very little overlap in focal length?

But one thing I can confidently say is that the 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 is a piece of junk in comparison to an "EX" lens... no better quality than a "kit" lens. (Sigma badges their higher quality lenses with EX) I have the 10-20mm and it is fantastic, but comparing a higher quality ultra-wide to an entry-level standard zoom is impossible without more info about what you are looking for.

hi everyone,

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the following lenses for my canon 20D...

Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM Autofocus
compared to the
Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC Autofocus

Thanks so much...
Andrea

The 10-20mm is pretty good lens. Excellent for super wide angle. Quite a few people here have one. Overall, its a decent lens especially for the money. It has its issues. Its probably better starting at around 12mm. Many will use it for wide sweeping landscape views or in a city-scape setting.

The 18-50mm is not considered a "super wide angle". This is actually a standard size for a focal length. Most entry level dSLR's will have this (or the camera makers equivalent) as its "starter/kit" lens. If you already have the Canon 18-50 then don't bother. Many will use this focal length as their "walk-around/general purpose" lens. If you've been shooting with a dSLR for a while, you might find this focal length to be a little short unless your looking at the f/2.8 version. The same focal length in the f/2.8 is a better and more expensive lens. Much better image quality. Its also bigger and constructed better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter