Your personal park perspectives

MCW3D

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm just starting to research a trip to Universal for this year's Easter break. Although it will be busy, we've done Disney once and I'm swayed by the advantage of Express Pass through an on-site hotel. Is it worth it to go at this time? Also, my kids are 8 years old (one of which who is a big HP fan). I'm not big on roller coasters but loved the motion rides at DW. Our kids like rides but not necessarily roller coasters. Is US/IOA worth it for a family like us? Are there enough motion rides, water rides, etc for us to choose from? I can't quite seem to get a perspective on Park size in relation to Disney. How many days would we need?? If we were at the hotel 5 days is 3 park days enough during Easter week? The pool is as much a part of our vacation so that is also very important to us. Also, does Universal run shuttles from the airport to hotels? I'd love to hear anyone's/everyone's perspective to get a better understanding. From what I've gathered it seems to be a much more "relaxing" theme park than DW, although we enjoyed that too. Thanks so much!:dance3:

We don't ride the big coasters but love Universal. The only coaster we ride is the Mummy's Revenge which has about the same intensity as Space Mountain and amazing theming.

Three days would likely be plenty since you'll have unlimited Express and early entry for Harry Potter. The pools are fabulous and you can pool hop to check out all of them if you wish. You will also have Citywalk close by and it's great to dine there and maybe see a movie or play mini-golf.

As for size... I would guess that the two parks are each about the size of the Magic Kingdom, maybe just a bit smaller. Hopefully someone else will say if I'm wrong but I think that that's about right. The Magic Kingdom seems to be the smallest Disney themepark in Florida (besides waterparks) even though it has the most attractions.

Agree with the above poster..The parks are about the size ( or slightly smaller ) than the MK.They are situated MUCH closer together too, like less than a 5 min walk from park gate to gate.Staying onsite is the ONLY way we do it regardless of crowds.Easter week will be packed, but the express pass will keep waits down (they are advertised at about 15 mins with the express pass.Standby lines can be 90+ mins during that week). We do 4 days at the parks ( 2 for each park) because we like to tour slowly , go back at noon to swim etc.You could easily accomplish it in 3 days.1 for each park and 1 for anythung you want to re-do.Staying at a Universal resort allows you to walk or take a leisurely boat ride to the parks.There is also a shuttle bus to the parks from the resorts, but that does not drop you as close ( you are dropped at the Unviersal parking garage that is a bit of a hike away from the park gates).There is NO Universal shuttles from the airport to the resorts.You can take a cab, towncar or Mears bus ( I think) .The cost varies..we use a towncar for all our trips.

Research the hotels, HRH & PBH both have watersides. PBH has nicer hot tubs & HRH has beach sand and rock music. RPH had a tug boat themed area. You can pool hop, just walk or take a boat to the other hotel. But I like the connivence of staying at the hotel with my favorite pool. For me it's PBH, they have cushions on the chairs and great hot tubs and a small slide.

Also there are lots of simulator rides (much to my dismay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter