Your views

princess jackson

DIS Veteran
We have looked at restaurants for April, what do you think, we have eating at some but not all of them.

Spoodles
Chef mickey
1900 Park Fare
Le cellier steakhouse
Garden Grill
Concourse steakhouse
Whispering canyon cafe
Crystal palace
liberty tree tavern
alfredo in epcot
chefs de france
tony's
mama melrose

We are hoping to add the dinning plan to our DVC reservation in Jan

Spoodles _ not been so no advice sorry

Chef mickey - great character interaction

1900 Park Fare- was good but nothing special ( nice strawberry soup th)

Le cellier steakhouse - can def treccomend a visit here

Garden Grill- not been so no advice sorry

Concourse steakhouse- the best meal we had on the dining plan by far !!

Whispering canyon cafe-not been so no advice sorry

Crystal palace - ok but thats all

liberty tree tavern- i was surprised that i enjoyed this meal but i did !

alfredo in epcot-not been so no advice sorry
chefs de france-not been so no advice sorry
tony's-not been so no advice sorry
mama melrose - not been so no advice sorry

thats my four penneth anyway :)

Thanks,

We are a little bored now with crystal palace and liberty tree tavern, we ate there a least once a trip. Sometimes it has been twice a trip!!!!!

I like 1900 park fare, chef mickey and garden grill.

Never been to chefs de france, alfredo, whispering canyon cafe, le cellier

Spoodles - Nice, especially if you can get a table outside.
Chef mickey - We enjoy this, although it is always busy here.
1900 Park Fare - A quieter Character Meal, good food.
Le cellier steakhouse - Not tried.
Garden Grill - Not tried.
Concourse steakhouse - Not tried.
Whispering canyon cafe - Brilliant esp for children, great fun.
Crystal palace - We like this one too.
liberty tree tavern - Not tried.
alfredo in epcot - Not tried.
chefs de france - Good food, busy restaurant.
tony's - Nice pasta, lovely surrounding's.
mama melrose - Nice food, did it with the Fantasmic Dinner Package.

Here's my tuppenceworth:

Spoodles - food okay but disappointed overall - possibly because I went with too high expectations
Chef mickey - not tried
1900 Park Fare - not tried
Le cellier steakhouse - visited many times, always a favourite
Garden Grill - not tried
Concourse steakhouse - not tried
Whispering canyon cafe - can be great fun with lots of interaction but depends on how busy it is; some people find it too noisy (not me!), we enjoyed the food here too
Crystal palace - I found this noisy and 'untidy' on our visit, food okay though
liberty tree tavern - not tried
alfredo in epcot - good on last visit, but that was years ago
chefs de france - good on last visit, but that was years ago
tony's - not tried
mama melrose - not tried (but friends disappointed)

I'm currently working on my ADRs too, so will be interested in what others have to say.

Spoodles - not been

Chef mickey - nice for character meal

1900 Park Fare - we hated breakfast at 1900 park fare - we felt claustrophobic and the noise level was intense.....i know there are people who love it, but i could never recommend the breakfast here....

Le cellier steakhouse - not been

Garden Grill - not been

Concourse steakhouse - not been

Whispering canyon cafe - we had very early breakfast here in August....the place was practically empty so the CMs were especially playful and the guests were too so it was lots of fun, but not too noisy.....i was surprised by how good the breakfast was....we ordered a la carte...the portions were HUGE and really good...

Crystal palace - we took my mom here for a character breakfast on her birthday in July (her 78th b-day).....we all really enjoyed it....the food selection was excellent, the character interaction was good and we were surprised that despite it being packed we didn't feel overwhelmed by the numbers of people there....i guess because of the very high ceiling...we really enjoyed breakfast here....a pleasant surprise, since we were expecting to hate it...

liberty tree tavern - not been

alfredo in epcot - not been

chefs de france - not been

tony's- not been

mama melrose - not been

it seems like we've barely eaten anywhere, but we really have.....just not the places you've picked...

Spoodles Really nice meal here. We loved the atmosphere which was quite informal and excellent for our DDs
Chef mickeyAlways like it here!
1900 Park Fare Not been
Le cellier steakhouse One of our favourites. We try and eat here every trip!
Garden Grill Not been
Concourse steakhouse Not been
Whispering canyon cafe Really loved the experience here - lots of fun but not I would guess if you are easily embarassed! The food was very average though on our visit.
Crystal palace Good selection of food, characters and I like the surroundings here
liberty tree tavernNot one of my favourite meals but we went on an extremely busy night (MVMCP) so this could have been why. Interestingly one of our friends was in the restaurant on the same night at a different table and had a fantastic meal, which goes to show how things can differ!
alfredo in epcot Not been
chefs de france Not been
tony's Not been but might do next trip
mama melrose Not been

My favourites from your list are Spoodles and le Cellier.
We liked CP and Chef Mickeys for breakfast.
Le Chefs, Tony`s and Alredo`s great for atmosphere - food so so.
Mama Melrose was disappointing - but with great service!
Never been to the others on your list. If you can add the dining do so, it is great :)

We're hoping to do Crystal Palace for a group meal. I'd like to have a quiet meal somewhere a bit fancy for just me and Scott. I'm thinking Spoodles followed by Illuminations - would those who have been recommend it for a more "romantic" meal? Especially considering we like ou food very very PLAIN!

I'm not sure that I would personally describe Spoodles as romantic, no. Romantic is very much a state of mind though ;)

The Flying Fish was more what I would call intimate if you got a table for two, and it is IMO very romantic to be able to stroll around the lake after dinner. I don't know that you would call the food at FF plain though.

Queenie said:
We're hoping to do Crystal Palace for a group meal. I'd like to have a quiet meal somewhere a bit fancy for just me and Scott. I'm thinking Spoodles followed by Illuminations - would those who have been recommend it for a more "romantic" meal? Especially considering we like ou food very very PLAIN!
Umm, how about the Yaughtsman Steak House? I`ve never been but that is very posh! I think the food at Spoodles maybe won`t be plain enough and it`s quite a large busy restaurant so maybe not romantic.
Happy New year.

i would like to hear if anyone has eaten at garden grill,i was thinking of booking that for next year. :teeth:

We have eaten at the garden grill recently, we are going again in april.

We liked it, the food is bought to your table, like liberty tree tavern, salad, bread.

Main course, turkey, veg, catfish, onions.

Kids, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, and chips (fries).

Dessert, various cakes to share, kids get a cup cake and things to decorate.

Sorry can not remember everything we ate.

The restaurant turns very slowly and takes an hour to get back to where you started. and you can see people riding the land boat ride.

Well done to you, glad you got everything you wanted :cheer2:

Claire xx

Just wanted to give some input on this:

Chef Mickey's - Good Character Breakfast and buffet and all the characters come by your table so you can get plenty of photo's. Frees up time when at MK and other parks as kids not as anxious to have photo's taken with characters.

Liberty Tree Tavern - Traditional US Thanksgiving Meal. Pretty good. Can't go much wrong with Turkey, mashed potatoe & green beans. Also, lots of characters coming around your table.

Prime Time Cafe - We really enjoyed this on our Nov 2005 Trip. The food here was simple but among the best we found at WDW.

McDonalds in Downtown Disney next to Legoland - at least you know what to expect and this was the only place we found at WDW that did not have inflated prices.

Of course the best food is always found on a Disney Cruise lol.

Briege

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter