Zero 2 bedrooms anywhere for Oct 17th-23rd

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
I called MS today for a 2005 trip and for the heck of it I checked the status of our waitlist (Oct 22nd, 2 bed, ded 2 Queen) and of course we havent gotten it yet....

We are toying with the idea of switching resorts for the whole ressie so we wont have to move and I asked about 2 bedrooms at BWV, VWL, SSR and OKW. None availible for our whole time frame! ZIP.

Busy time for DVC, esp in the two bedrooms.

Thanks for the post, Laura! Sounds like we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for our waitlist at either of the EPCOT resorts to come through since we're looking at October 16-23! Sounds like this is becoming an extremely popular time of the year for DVCers.

Isn't that the week of the PGA tour thing?
Between that, F&W Fest, and MNSSHP that probably brings in a lot ofpeople.

Probably why it's regular instead of value season at regular resorts.

I know it's also a school break week here in MN for our teacher's conference. Not that we have anything rivalling Jersey Week...

Laura, do you have anything confirmed? 2 BR lockoff? 2 studios? Just curious what your backup plan is.

Originally posted by zulaya

Laura, do you have anything confirmed? 2 BR lockoff? 2 studios? Just curious what your backup plan is.

We have a 2 bedroom dedicated, 2 queen that I reserved 11 months out for the 17th-21st... we added the 22nd 3 or 4 months ago... and all they had was the 2 bed full pullout option (I forget if it is dedicated or a lockoff)

I am also waitlisted for the first 5 nights in the less desireable (for us anyway) 2 bed full/pull out option. Anything so we dont have to move....

And if it looks like we will have to move we might hop over to POP for the night and save points.... but then I would have to cancel our last night just as the option for the waitlist is greater...

And in addition to all that zulaya mentions, it's also now within 60 days of arrival for the period mentioned.

Hope all who are waiting get what they want - my guess is nothing will happen now until 30-31 days ahead of arrival.

FWIW, DVC seems to be working as designed for this time of year - after all, the resorts are supposed to be at or near 100% occupancy all year round. Seems as though they are and IMHO, that's the good news. But I still hope all of your waitlists come through.

Best wishes -

Yes, busy. I called a couple weeks ago asking for a studio, checking all Saturdays thru Tuesdays and all were booked throughout the month of October and last part of September. Only one weekend they had OKW only.

I heard there is a large computer convention at the Epcot resorts Oct 17 to 21. They blacked out those dates on the recent e-mail resort discount.

Yep, those dates were blocked out on the email discount and I couldn't figure out why...

I know October is supposed to be a big convention month. My dad is going to CSR for a convention Oct 12-15.

Also, isn't it a big time for vacations for overseas travelers too?

Originally posted by zulaya
Also, isn't it a big time for vacations for overseas travelers too?
Yes, we've been told that September and October are big vacation times for non-U.S. travelers! We're fortunate that my son's high school implemented a fall break just this year so we're able to go to the Food & Wine Festival for the first time (also first time as a DVC member)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter