Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Finally caught up with your report. I was just talking to Mike about getting that Strawberry Shortcake ice cream cookie sandwich yesterday. The Disney food blog mentioned it on a review. It look so good, but I am disappointed that it's hard to eat.

I always love your reviews of nomad lounge. It is on my must do for my next trip.

Oh you so should. Either dinner or brunch are truly amazing. In fact its so good we aren't going to WDW again until November but I'll probably make an ADR at the 180 mark so we can make sure we get a brunch reservation!
Whoa! You making an ADR 180 days out??? That’s better then all the forkeys!

also now that as of today we are going in November when in November are you going haha!

Last edited:
Meet the small and dainty Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich from DinoBites.
I hope you got one each.... clearly there is not enough to share....
I kid, I kid. To the surprise of no one its Nomads Lounge. Thankfully it wasn’t crowded at all and it felt like old times when this was our secret place and I hadn’t blabbed all over the internet about how amazing it is.
I love Noamds but I have never been inside. My go to spot is one of the two tops along the railings.
Needing some carbohydrates to soak up our alkeyhol and sprite we got our absolute favorite item here and one of the best things on property the Gobi Manchurian.
Tried that in December and LOVED it!
We also went with the Smoked Pork Ribs with Sweet Soy Glaze and Apple-Jicama Slaw for my girl who never met a rib she wouldn’t eat.
Those look great!
We were able to get a 4th FP for the Na’vi senior citizens cruise before a quick photo shoot and heading out for the afternoon.
Haha!
Nomad is still on my to do list. I am usually traveling solo and for some reason that is holding me back. I will eat in a restaurant solo but feel awkward in the lounge/bar situation. Thinking I just need to get over that and go. It looks so yummy .
As a fellow frequent solo traveller, the lounges are great. I figure people are so wrapped up in their own experiences they don't notice you on your own. Or they do and are totally jealous of the peace and serenity you are enjoying. Either way, it's a win! :)

Don't you mean thirds :P
😂😂absolutely 👍
I would love to be a fly on the wall when some poor unassuming family gets a ride photo with us in it
me too!
For the record "done well" = all the juicy bloodiness a burger can muster 🍔
Nope not happening for me 🤢😂
It was insane and from what I remember only like $5
Wow that’s great value especially for Disney! Quite the bargain hunters you lot👍
If it is stuffed or squishy and looks like food Casey wants it
Of course she does- it’s what every girl her age wants :goodvibes

We really enjoyed Nomads and I tried your drink this time and it really was good and refreshing!
I love Casey’s face painting!
I thought my ribs were a little drier this time around, the sauce is so good 😊

Finally caught up with your report. I was just talking to Mike about getting that Strawberry Shortcake ice cream cookie sandwich yesterday. The Disney food blog mentioned it on a review. It look so good, but I am disappointed that it's hard to eat.
Its definitely hard to eat and you need to sit down to give it a go but that is what sporks are for :D

I always love your reviews of nomad lounge. It is on my must do for my next trip.
I cannot believe you all have't been! It is definitely your kind of place

Whoa! You making an ADR 180 days out??? That’s better then all the forkeys!
I know, right? We couldn't get a brunch reservation for our August trip and will definitely want it in November. Jason is doing the half marathon and this is his reward. And of course my reward for just being the amazing wife that bank rolls all our trips :D

also now that as of today we are going in November when in November are you going haha!
Awesome! We''ll be there the first week. Going right after Halloween and staying through the Wine and Dine races. You?

I hope you got one each.... clearly there is not enough to share....
Two each actually :P

I love Noamds but I have never been inside. My go to spot is one of the two tops along the railings.
The outside is great too. Just not in August!

As a fellow frequent solo traveller, the lounges are great. I figure people are so wrapped up in their own experiences they don't notice you on your own. Or they do and are totally jealous of the peace and serenity you are enjoying. Either way, it's a win! :)
Perfectly said!

Just read through the report so far, and the writing and photos are great! Forky would probably ask what a lot of the foods are though (Disney+ show). Keep it up!
Thank you so much! Yeah I'm pretty sure forky would be saying what the forky alot . Since he didn't even know what money was I'm thinking sushi may be a little abstract for him

We really enjoyed Nomads and I tried your drink this time and it really was good and refreshing!
I love Casey’s face painting!
I thought my ribs were a little drier this time around, the sauce is so good 😊
Welcome to the Annapura Zing club! Hope you enjoyed your commemorative light up flower :D

The ribs have been hit or miss for us too, but the flavor is always good.

I don't recall cauliflower on the menu at Nomad's! Would have much preferred that to the crappy sliders...they should be ashamed of them imho! Especially for $16!
The cauliflower is on the Tiffins menu. You just have to ask for it and then you can order any of the appetizers or enhancements they have. The cauliflower definitely trumps the sliders.

Its definitely hard to eat and you need to sit down to give it a go but that is what sporks are for :D

I cannot believe you all have't been! It is definitely your kind of place

I know, right? We couldn't get a brunch reservation for our August trip and will definitely want it in November. Jason is doing the half marathon and this is his reward. And of course my reward for just being the amazing wife that bank rolls all our trips :D

Awesome! We''ll be there the first week. Going right after Halloween and staying through the Wine and Dine races. You?

Two each actually :P

The outside is great too. Just not in August!

Perfectly said!

Thank you so much! Yeah I'm pretty sure forky would be saying what the forky alot . Since he didn't even know what money was I'm thinking sushi may be a little abstract for him

Welcome to the Annapura Zing club! Hope you enjoyed your commemorative light up flower :D

The ribs have been hit or miss for us too, but the flavor is always good.

The cauliflower is on the Tiffins menu. You just have to ask for it and then you can order any of the appetizers or enhancements they have. The cauliflower definitely trumps the sliders.

Good to know, thanks! Sure wish I had known that then. :)

haha!!! Amazing!!

sane exact dates!!! We will probably leave Sunday, no half marathon for us, but I’ll be doing the 5k... want to join me???

What the Forky Narcoossee’s?

After a day getting our animal adventures on we chilled in the room for a while before seeing what our dining options were. We had intended to see if evening extra magic hours at MK were as “magical” as the morning, but with a threat of storms ultimately decided against it. Instead we decided to get as close as we could without actually setting foot in the park at one of our favorites, Narcoossee’s, which I just learned means little bear. Clearly a great name for a seafood restaurant.

We prettied ourselves up.

Or at least some of us did.

And hopped in our carriage over to the Grand Floridian.

We were seated quickly but immediately kept hearing loud noises that we couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Turns out the kid seated at the table that was right above us (Narcoossee’s has a second level about 3 steps up) had his ipad on the railing facing our table and it was blasting something. His parents were blissfully unaware and apparently so attuned to themselves that they couldn’t even bother to bring headphones. After 5 minutes of me making loud sarcastic remarks didn’t get them to turn it down, we asked to be moved.

Not a good start. But they did move us and bonus we got a window seat this time.

To start Casey got a sprite that came with what she proclaimed to be a sword.

So of course we all had to get in on the game.

Jason went with a glass of rye.

And I got a glass of King Pinot Grigio.

I’ve complained about Narcoossee’s wine list for years (and may or may not have sent tipsy emails to Disney to that affect) but this one was nice and crisp and a definite improvement that I'm sure was clearly fixed from the power of a tipsy email. :drinking1

We also got some of Narcoossee’s amazing sourdough bread and butter.

Really there is little better in the world than good bread and salty butter.

For an appetizer we decided on their Crispy Rhode Island Calamari.
❌❌❌❌❌❌❌
Doesn’t that look just beautiful? Oh my bad, we never even received it. Our waiter felt bad and brought us another round of drinks on the house. Strike 1.5 Narcoossee’s.

Thankfully our entrees actually came out of the kitchen because we were getting hangry. Casey and I shared the Pan-Seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops with Parisan Style Gnocchi, Pancetta, Spring Peas, Mushrooms, and Preserved Myer Lemon Truffle Cream.

First the good, the scallops and gnocchi were both seared to perfection but there were only 4 scallops and just a few more gnocchi. Now the bad. There were just way too many peas in here and while the lemon sauce was delicious like Nomad’s there wasn’t much truffle going on in there. And the ugly…Despite me asking for them on the side there were the grossest food known to man, the only food I will not eat, the one, the only MUSHROOMS in there. Like any good parent I picked them out and gave them to my child, but sheesh. Strike 2.

Someone was happy though

Or at least I think that is her happy face.

For his entrée Jason went with what has been one of our favorite dishes for years, the Wild Caught Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta with Savoy Spinach, Oven-roasted Tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Comte Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream.

Correction this had been one of our favorites, but in this case both the pasta and shrimp were overcooked so it really wasn’t enjoyable. Strike 3!

Carrying on with that amazing strategy that is hope we went the rare route and each ordered our own desserts.

I ordered the Almond Crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce.

I am thrilled to say this was creamy, crunchy, cheesy, cherry and almond perfection. Pure heaven.

And Casey found another sword.

Jason went with the Narcoossee’s Candy Bar with Dark Chocolate-Mocha Bar with House-made Guanaja Chocolate Gelato.

It was way too rich for my liking but he enjoyed it.

Not one to miss her own dessert Casey got the kids Make Your Own S’mores and was quite happy with her selection.

While our desserts were great we were definitely disappointed in this meal. Between the appetizer that never came, MUSHROOMS (did I mentioned I didn’t like them?), overcooked shrimp/pasta, and the drive-in movie i-pad atmosphere this meal certainly left a lot to be desired. We could have dealt with any of these things in isolation, but cumulatively they built up. We did save $38.65 with our tables in Wonderland card but it will be a while before we go back again. For bread and dessert only 2 Forky’s will be given.

We picked up some wine for the room in the Grand and uber’d back to the land of the Caribbean. But the night wasn’t over yet because Casey made some more of her amazing recap videos. This one will keep you glued to the screen.

Up next, Disney rallies with a perennial favorite!

WOOHOO!!!!!! 5K???? You're so funny :P

haha! If I can do it anyone can do it!!! Where are you guys staying? I’m in the land of will change my resort 5 times before then..but currently at the boardwalk

We were seated quickly but immediately kept hearing loud noises that we couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. Turns out the kid seated at the table that was right above us (Narcoossee’s has a second level about 3 steps up) had his ipad on the railing facing our table and it was blasting something. His parents were blissfully unaware and apparently so attuned to themselves that they couldn’t even bother to bring headphones. After 5 minutes of me making loud sarcastic remarks didn’t get them to turn it down, we asked to be moved.

omg this is the absolute worst!!! We are 100% in the give a kid an iPad camp, but I always have headphones and if not she isn’t getting the iPad! I legit can not deal with this! I find it so inconsiderate! I could go on but I think you get the idea.

I'm so disappointed to hear this meal was a complete bust! I usually hear such good things so that’s a real bummer!!

Such a bummer when an old favorite disappoints. Hopefully it was just an off night for them. I've never tried Narcoossee's but would like to some day … I think?

I am so disappointed to hear about your dinner at Narcoossee's :( It has been on my bucket list for years and my husband and I were thinking of going there for our anniversary this May. I have had my eye on that pasta dish Jason had and dream of it every time I read in your reports of getting it. Really sad that BOTH the pasta and shrimp were overcooked. :sad2: Ruins the whole dish. I'm really reconsidering our options now... Maybe hubby gets his wish and we got to California Grill again...

God don't you just love considerate parents! Seriously-how hard is it to bring a set of earphones so everyone has a good time! Some people have a really hard time comprehending that they are actually not the centre of everyone else's universe :confused3
Glad your desserts were great, shame about the rest of the meal and hey, I didn't know you hated mushrooms! I mean I don't think you've ever mentioned that fact! Ever!! We are clearly twins separated at birth as I too hate those hideoous, taste like dirt, vegetable 😋 lol At least you got swords to play with :thumbsup2
Love Casey's vlog -that girl knows how to make both face paint and candy last the distance. :rotfl::)

So sad that Narcoossees wasn't that great! That almond crusted cheesecake looks delicious though!

I would have done the same thing. Clearly, they have not watched our Disney Etiquette vlog...LOL!

Thankfully our entrees actually came out of the kitchen because we were getting hangry. Casey and I shared the Pan-Seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops with Parisan Style Gnocchi, Pancetta, Spring Peas, Mushrooms, and Preserved Myer Lemon Truffle Cream.
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy this because it had those dreaded fungi on it!!! I would have sent it back...Because that's the kind of witch I am. LOL!

But the night wasn’t over yet because Casey made some more of her amazing recap videos. This one will keep you glued to the screen.
She's a natural. get that kid on tv!!!! ❤ ❤ ❤

After feeling the need to touch or play with everything in the store.

Casey finally picked up this amazing item for the low, low price of $9.99. She may be an 8 year old from Virginia but inside she has the soul of a Japanese Harajuku! God help my wallet if we ever go to Tokyo Disney.

Hungry for some actual food we went with the Disney breakfast of champions, Ice Cream.

Meet the small and dainty Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Sandwich from DinoBites.

I had to refresh my Nook to make sure that photo loaded correctly. Wow

This is from the Tiffins “enchancements” menu (you can order from it or Tiffins appetizers in the lounge) and is Crispy-fried Cauliflower, Manchurian Sauce, and Green Onion. Sounds simple but it is tender cauliflower fried to crispy perfection in a spicy Asian style sauce. It's Casey tested and Casey approved
This dish might get me to like Cauliflower. We haven't been to AK the last couple of trips but at least I now know where to eat lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter