Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

Hi Kari

Doing a happy dance for you! Looks like you have a trip planned for this year. So glad to see! I have been twice Sept 2020 and Feb./Mar. 2021. We drove in Sept. 15 hours straight and I was nervous most of the trip. It was just me I think I was just scared and uncomfortable things had changed at my happy place. That being said as soon as I got home I planned another trip! Feb/Mar was much more relaxing I new what to expect we flew down. And I was in my happy place with my husband again! Things have changed, but I still love being in Disney World. Planning is different! Wearing a mask was not a big deal for me.

Hope you and your family are all doing well! Enjoy your planning and have a Magical trip. Don’t forget that 60 day mark for dinning reservations. Can’t wait to read your next report!

Last edited:
Doing a happy dance for you! Looks like you have a trip planned for this year. So glad to see!
Thanks! Fingers crossed we will be there in June for 10 glorious days. Not a lot of availability in the resorts so we are staying at Shades of Green. Not looking forward to heat or crowds but my brother will be there for a wedding so good timing to spend some time with him. By then it will be almost 2 years since we were in Disney and a year and a half since we saw my brother.

have been twice Sept 2020 and Feb./Mar. 2021. We drove in Sept. 15 hours straight and I was nervous most of the trip. It was just me I think I was just scared and uncomfortable things had changed at my happy place. That being said as soon as I got home I planned another trip! Feb/Mar was much more relaxing I new what to expect we flew down
We plan on driving in June. That will be the first time I've driven since I was a kid and based upon that not looking forward to it. Looks like its about a 12 or 13 hour drive. But I do the driving and have a lead foot so we'll see.

I can only imagine what a good feeling it was to be back. I'm sure we will be on edge but oh just to be there. We are already thinking past June and a December trip so that has gotta be a good sign.

Wearing a mask was not a big deal for me.
I don't think the masks will be an issue for us either. The heat may change that but I wear it most of the day at work and Casey is great with it. Dining options and lack of outdoor dining was our real concern. But the hubby and I are both vaccinated now so I think we'll be up for it. We haven't eaten inside in over a year but plan on trying it soon. Will be very surreal.

Don’t forget that 60 day mark for dinning reservations. Can’t wait to read your next report!
Thanks for the reminder. 60 days is coming up on Thursday. Hate that we are going to have to make reservations but it looks like day of options are certainly not what they used to be.

Thanks for the reminder. 60 days is coming up on Thursday. Hate that we are going to have to make reservations but it looks like day of options are certainly not what they used to be.
I was wondering if you would make reservations! But you are right. It sounds like you kind of HAVE to these days. I do hope that isn't the case in the future.

Stress Eating Yacht Club Style

Despite the non-existent and tortoise paced service the food at Ale and Compass was really outstanding. Jason even proclaimed it the new Kona (aka it was better than Kona used to be) which was much needed after our disastrous breakfast just two days prior. We elected to just have entrees but for a few dollars more we could have added their buffet as well. With our Tables in Wonderland card we saved $10.15.

Generously removing only half a point for the bad service, the food was so good 4.5 forky’s were given.

I'm a little behind on reading this (obviously since it is now July 2021) but I am so happy to read your review. I've been looking for something to replace Kona for breakfast. I used to dream about the Samoan. One visit, we actually went to Kona 4 times for breakfast just because I needed the Samoan in my life. The last time we went (4 years ago) it just wasn't the same. My husband ordered the loco dish and, 4 years ago, it was tasty. Jason's looked horrible. I'm planning a short trip next summer for my 50th birthday. This might have to go on the list.

We also ordered the Spicy Kazan with Crab, Shrimp, Scallops, Tuna, and Fireball Sauce. Since it was spicy I ordered the sauce on the side in case it was too much for Casey.

Turns out it was because “weird with scallops 2 spicy for c but she like tony roll love rice picks with it.” Weird and rice picks. I’ll go with we didn’t love this one.
Someone in my party always orders this and we always think they put too much spicey sauce on it. I need to keep reading reviews because I get reminded that we can order sauce on the side.

That looks really good. I need to check out more of the vegetarian options.

I agree that Hollywood Studios has the worst food options. I've heard that Ronto Roasters has some good food, too.

I understand why they created a new land, but I think it was a mistake to make a world that wasn't centered on the original Star Wars movies. So many of their rides are based on their movies and shows, why not do it for Galaxy's Edge.

I hate to be that person who comments on a 2 yr old thread but here we are. I actually just finished reading all 42 pages of this lol

Anyway. Batuu isn't from any movie. Imagineers made it up...this was so everyone could enjoy it and not just people that had seen the movies. There are nods to the originals.. especially above landing bay.

I, too, just read your report and found it so therapeutic (I know that sounds strange to non-DISers, but I think y'all get it). I had to stop laughing out loud as it kept hurting too much! It was also nice to read something written in the 'before' times- oh the good ol' days! Thank you for sharing your memories with us and I am so looking forward to the next one!

I hate to be that person who comments on a 2 yr old thread but here we are. I actually just finished reading all 42 pages of this lol
I, too, just read your report and found it so therapeutic (I know that sounds strange to non-DISers, but I think y'all get it). I had to stop laughing out loud as it kept hurting too much! It was also nice to read something written in the 'before' times- oh the good ol' days! Thank you for sharing your memories with us and I am so looking forward to the next one!
Thank you both so much. You all have some serious dedication. Writing these is my own form of therapy so happy it could bring a little humor and :drinking1 your way

Kari, I like your style! Reading through this was a lot of fun, and I'm pretty sure I got a buzz on after a while. One thing I'm certain of is I'm gonna make my way to Nomad Lounge next time I'm down that way!
Thanks so much! I should probably add some sort of warning to these dining reports that you are at risk for contact tipsiness :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts