Zero Forky's Given - An August 2019 Dining Report - Completed 8/18

I have similar thoughts on Oga's. I wanted to LOVE it but between the crowds, standing room only and the $$$ (not to mention needing an ADR) it's just not a spot I'll frequent. I so wanted it to be a spot to "pop in" and hang out but I suppose given the popularity that isn't a true possibility. They have worked out the service wrinkles/delays since the AP preview but they're still packing people in there. I did get lucky back when Rise of the Resistance first opened and they hadn't yet finalized what the park hours would be so hadn't opened early ADRs and I was able to walk in ~8:30am (I know you won't judge me :upsidedow) and it was delightfully uncrowded. There's actually a fair amount of dialogue coming from DJ Rex (with references to Star Tours and the Star Wars universe more broadly) and it was a wildly different experience being able to hear that, have some room at the bar and some conversation with the bartender. I'm not sure when/if that will ever be the norm … unless social/physical distancing guidance mandates.

I should probably mention that while I like the Star Wars movies my knowledge and fandom does not run deep so you'll have to excuse me when I highlight photos of us say in front of fighter jets.
I feel the same way!! I mean, I can identify the Millennium Falcon, and the characters from the original 3 movies, but beyond that I'm pretty lost on what I'm looking at!!

It sounds like your experience at Oga's parallels most of the reviews I've heard from others, but we'll be giving it a try on our newly rescheduled next trip!

I should probably mention that while I like the Star Wars movies my knowledge and fandom does not run deep so you'll have to excuse me when I highlight photos of us say in front of fighter jets.

You could call them anything and I would agree with you lol :scared:

The drinks were not just ridiculously over-priced, they were all pre-mixed and really didn't even taste good.

100% agreed. It was a one and done for us unless we're with others who feel the need to overpay for under-liquored drinks lol

That must have been fun to get to go to the AP preview on the first day of the preview period. I can't believe how empty Galaxy's Edge was when you first entered it. We went to GE on the first day that it was open to the public and it was mobbed.

Though word of advice one should never let an 8 year old pilot a ship, even if it is a piece of junk.
I bet she did a lot better than me. My husband and I got pilot cards without asking for them. I was a terrible pilot because I was getting motion sickness from watching the screen, so I didn't look at it very often. I guess we crashed a lot by somehow managed to get one container of Coaxium. ;)
The bone aside this was a pretty standard bloody Mary that you could pretty much get just about anywhere. But it did come with a weird-tasting meringue like bone on top and was black in color so I'm guessing that is why it cost $18
The prices were outrageous. The bone is cute, though.
Casey went with the Jabba Juice.
I had the Jabba Juice, too. It was pretty good. I had fun with the beads. I figured that since I paid so much money for the drink that I was going to eat every bead in that glass. It was a challenge but I managed it. :)
For the atmosphere alone I'll give it a kind 2 Forky's but I seriously doubt we'll be back anytime soon.
We won't be back, either. It was fun to go there once. And it really did feel like the bar in a Star Wars movie, though. But the crowds and the prices make it not worth it.

we made it to Batuu!

Woot!

But is surprised to see Mike Wazowski living inside.

How funny! So that's not a real water fountain? So confusing! :D

The only time I've been to GE was in December with Allie, but it was opening day of RotR, so it was wall to wall people and kind of stressful trying to figure out the boarding group thing. We didn't really get to explore the area very much.

black in color so I'm guessing that is why it cost $18 :confused3

Doesn't look very appetizing.

The atmosphere was definitely cool, especially for a Star Wars geek like my hubby, but even for Jason that is where it ended. The drinks were not just ridiculously over-priced, they were all pre-mixed and really didn't even taste good.

Another experience I had booked for March. I don't even recall if I have it booked again for July, but by all accounts, it doesn't look like we're missing much.

I’m betting Casey did a better job as pilot than I would! I have no clue about starwars either but Galaxy’s hedge is an impressive landscape so I can’t wait to see it someday!

You guys are so much fun. I’m in the middle of trying to salvage dining reservations after rescheduling our early May trip to September when ADRs have been open for weeks, so I started browsing dining reviews for any hidden gems I’m not thinking about to fill in some gaps (and after doubling our TS after upgrading our new Covid-Free-Dining plan to Covid-Plus 😂). I’m mostly just walking away from this with the thought that I need to go drinking with you. 😂😂😂 (Hi! I’m a creepy internet stranger—let’s be friends!)
Hi creepy internet stranger!!!! You'll see in a few more updates I have a proclivity for drinking with other creepy internet strangers I've met on here so you'll fit right in :drinking1

Good luck with your dining reservations. I hear the covid-plus plan will come with unlimited alcohol (don't we wish) :P And good news for you in two more updates we have a great dinner at a hidden gem that you can make a reservation at about 5 minutes before you walk in the door.

I bet she did much better than I did. LOL!
I'd venture to say no. She was a hot mess but Jason kept us afloat. We were both concerned about riding with Star Wars die hards and some little girl crashing all their ride hopes and dreams.

Joe thought it was just ok and overpriced too. We both really liked the Fuzzy Tauntaun.
I'd like to say I should try that one but pretty sure we won't find out.

I wanted to LOVE it but between the crowds, standing room only and the $$$ (not to mention needing an ADR) it's just not a spot I'll frequent. I so wanted it to be a spot to "pop in" and hang out but I suppose given the popularity that isn't a true possibility. They have worked out the service wrinkles/delays since the AP preview but they're still packing people in there.
I sometimes wonder if it could have been a place to pop in and hang out but they artificially built in demand by making folks get ADRs. I guess we'll never know but I'm not aware of any other bar in Disney or the world for that matter where you make reservations and my hunch is they could have foregone that here too.

did get lucky back when Rise of the Resistance first opened and they hadn't yet finalized what the park hours would be so hadn't opened early ADRs and I was able to walk in ~8:30am (I know you won't judge me :upsidedow) and it was delightfully uncrowded. There's actually a fair amount of dialogue coming from DJ Rex (with references to Star Tours and the Star Wars universe more broadly) and it was a wildly different experience being able to hear that, have some room at the bar and some conversation with the bartender.
Of course no judgement for an 0830 trip to a bar. You'll only get 👏👏👏👏👏 from me! I guess it was so crowded when we were there and we were forbidden from leaving our 2 feet of bar space that I don't even know who or what aDJ Rex is let alone that he talked :P

I feel the same way!! I mean, I can identify the Millennium Falcon, and the characters from the original 3 movies, but beyond that I'm pretty lost on what I'm looking at!!
Great no very little about Star Wars minds :D

It sounds like your experience at Oga's parallels most of the reviews I've heard from others, but we'll be giving it a try on our newly rescheduled next trip!
Its worth a trip to check it out just have low expectations, bring a lot of green in your wallet, and know that there is no Miller Lite :P

You could call them anything and I would agree with you lol :scared:
Of course you would! Hope you're doing ok

100% agreed. It was a one and done for us unless we're with others who feel the need to overpay for under-liquored drinks lol
Add in if we're with others who feel the need to overpay and also buy my drinks and we'll be there too

That must have been fun to get to go to the AP preview on the first day of the preview period. I can't believe how empty Galaxy's Edge was when you first entered it. We went to GE on the first day that it was open to the public and it was mobbed.
It was cool at the time to be able to be one of the first ones to be there. We had no idea how many people they had given reservations to and feared it would go the way of a halloween party, but we were thrilled to see they seemed to moderate it well. We waited about 45 minutes for the ride but considering there was only one I don't think that was too bad.

I bet she did a lot better than me. My husband and I got pilot cards without asking for them. I was a terrible pilot because I was getting motion sickness from watching the screen, so I didn't look at it very often. I guess we crashed a lot by somehow managed to get one container of Coaxium. ;)
We got the pilot cards by luck of the draw too and had I been one of them I would have been in the same boat as you. I was perfectly time being an engineer pushing a button for seemingly no purpose and closing my eyes when the motion sickness hit me

I had the Jabba Juice, too. It was pretty good. I had fun with the beads. I figured that since I paid so much money for the drink that I was going to eat every bead in that glass. It was a challenge but I managed it. :)
I'm pretty sure the beads were the only reason Casey got this too and clearly from her bottoms up pic she got them all down too :D

How funny! So that's not a real water fountain? So confusing! :D
I think it is a water fountain you just risk contamination if you drink from it :confused3 I'm sure there is some star wars reference there that I just didn't get

The only time I've been to GE was in December with Allie, but it was opening day of RotR, so it was wall to wall people and kind of stressful trying to figure out the boarding group thing. We didn't really get to explore the area very much.
Ugh I cannot even fathom what opening day would have been like. Next time you go its definitely worth a visit. Its clearly really well done and fun to walk around and check everything out, even if you aren't the biggest star wars fan

Another experience I had booked for March. I don't even recall if I have it booked again for July, but by all accounts, it doesn't look like we're missing much.
You definitely aren't missing anything if you don't get in there. Just go to Baseline Tap house and you'll have a much better (and cheaper) experience

I’m betting Casey did a better job as pilot than I would! I have no clue about starwars either but Galaxy’s hedge is an impressive landscape so I can’t wait to see it someday!
It definitely is impressive and worth checking out. I'm sure we'll be back in the land time and time again we'll just be getting our required booze elsewhere

Tonight in honor of the anniversary of the day of my birth that was just 4 short days away Jason and I decided to roll solo and leave Casey locked up in the bathroom in our room.
You two clean up nicely!
We headed to bluezoo (no space all lower case, how very Homecomin’ of them) who has a rare happy hour at Disney and grabbed a few seats at a nearly empty bar.
Happy hour/ AT Disney? Must check that out!
But this filet was so good I don’t even need my tipsy notes as it Blew. Me. Away. The steak had an amazing char on the outside, but was cooked perfectly medium rare on the inside. It was delicious on its own but add in the decadent truffle butter and it just put it over the top. It was so tender I really didn’t even need my fancy knife. And it was quickly evident Yachtsman Steakhouse (aka yah Raman’s) didn’t even hold a candle to it.
That looks amazing and I don't even eat steak!
It doesn’t get more old school then this classic side and we were not disappointed. It was over the top creamy and garlicy and cheesy and everything you want creamed spinach to be. Popeye would be proud.
Now that is spinach! :love::love::love:
But speaking of touchdowns, we had another with dessert. Straight outta Julia Child’s 1970’s kitchen meet the Chocolate Soufflé with vanilla creme anglaise, vanilla ice cream, and whipped cream.
And that dessert.....I would be in heaven! Guess I'm putting Shula's on the list!:cloud9:
The atmosphere was definitely cool, especially for a Star Wars geek like my hubby, but even for Jason that is where it ended. The drinks were not just ridiculously over-priced, they were all pre-mixed and really didn't even taste good. But silly me to come to a bar and expect a good drink. For the atmosphere alone I'll give it a kind 2 Forky's but I seriously doubt we'll be back anytime soon.
Too bad! I did know the drinks were pre mixed but that price tag!!!! OMG........Jack and I will check it out for his 21st next summer but I am really not expecting a lot!

go to Baseline Tap house and you'll have a much better (and cheaper) experience

Love BaselineTaphouse. Bearing mind my boys are older, I may have been known to send them to ride Star Tours and go explore for an hour or so while I enjoyed some time there with my other half! Great to have some adult only time and the charcuterie board was tasty plus the drinks were half what you paid! Can’t wait to be back there 😀

Last edited:
I......don't think I'm jealous of that bony Bloody Mary :scared: And as a non SW fan with no SW geeks in the family I think I'd enjoy Oga's less than you. But I always say I'm happy to try anything new at Disney, especially if I can give them more $ :thumbsup2

feel the same way!! I mean, I can identify the Millennium Falcon, and the characters from the original 3 movies, but beyond that I'm pretty lost on what I'm looking at!!
Lol sames :darth::chewy:

I actually like Oga's and I could drink my weight in Yub Nubs. The last one I had was at 9:30 in the morning. Woo hoo for day drinking on vacation. I hope I get to go back soon but I fear that my May 17-23 trip is not going to happen. Hanging on for now because the thought of having to re-do fast passes for any time in June is daunting.

Shulu's sounds delicious. My husband is a steak fan, so I'll have to add this restaurant to the places I need to try with him.
Although, I think I might find somewhere else to pawn my kiddos off. :rotfl:

Kind of crazy to read one update where you enjoyed a tasty Happy Hour drink for 7 dollars then the following morning a way overpriced pre-mixed cocktail for double the cost and much poorer quality. From what I've read, you don't visit Oga's for the drinks...

Sorry about Oga's being a big disappointing. I don't really get why they build these places that they know will be popular for the atmosphere, but make them so small - I guess to keep demand up? Sorta like Trader Sam's...but I digress...too bad the drinks weren't all that. Sigh. I do think Batuu is amazing for the detail and atmosphere, and wish I'd had an AP that year to be able to see it without the crazy crowds...that looks like the preview was well worth it for that!! Great pics at SR too!!

You two clean up nicely!
Why thank you very much!

Happy hour/ AT Disney? Must check that out!
I know, right? I really can't think of any other place that does it. Drinks were beyond good and it was nice to feel like we were in a very adult environment.

Too bad! I did know the drinks were pre mixed but that price tag!!!! OMG........Jack and I will check it out for his 21st next summer but I am really not expecting a lot!
The prices really are just insane. Its definitely worth a visit to see it, but then I don't think you'll wanna go back

Love BaselineTaphouse. Bearing mind my boys are older, I may have been known to send them to ride Star Tours and go explore for an hour or so while I enjoyed some time there with my other half! Great to have some adult only time and the charcuterie board was tasty plus the drinks were half what you paid! Can’t wait to be back there 😀
Now here is what is funny is I recommended Baseline without actually being there :scared1: We've said we are going to go about 10 times but something inevitably comes up and we haven't. But now that you've endorsed it its a must

I......don't think I'm jealous of that bony Bloody Mary :scared: And as a non SW fan with no SW geeks in the family I think I'd enjoy Oga's less than you. But I always say I'm happy to try anything new at Disney, especially if I can give them more $ :thumbsup2
You know you're jealous of my bone.:P Oga's is definitely good for the newness factor but that was about it.

F70D4242-4B4D-4B79-BD2F-4B0025CE6290.jpeg
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Nothing better than soup and some vodka!!!!

I actually like Oga's and I could drink my weight in Yub Nubs. The last one I had was at 9:30 in the morning. Woo hoo for day drinking on vacation. I hope I get to go back soon but I fear that my May 17-23 trip is not going to happen. Hanging on for now because the thought of having to re-do fast passes for any time in June is daunting.
Well I have no idea what a Yub Nub is but if it elicits woo hooing at 0930 in the morning then I'm all in if we go back!!!

Fingers crossed for your trip!!!! We all need some normalcy back in our lives

Shulu's sounds delicious. My husband is a steak fan, so I'll have to add this restaurant to the places I need to try with him.
Although, I think I might find somewhere else to pawn my kiddos off. :rotfl:
It is definitely worth a visit for steak lovers. Certainly the best one we've had on property. There were several kids in there, though I don't know if they have a kids menu. You may just want to lock the kids in the bathroom as was my original thought :earboy2:

Kind of crazy to read one update where you enjoyed a tasty Happy Hour drink for 7 dollars then the following morning a way overpriced pre-mixed cocktail for double the cost and much poorer quality. From what I've read, you don't visit Oga's for the drinks...
I had not even thought about the juxtaposition of those two things but you are spot on!!!!!!! I'll take me some bluezoo over Ogas any day

Sorry about Oga's being a big disappointing. I don't really get why they build these places that they know will be popular for the atmosphere, but make them so small - I guess to keep demand up? Sorta like Trader Sam's
Thats a great point. Why don't they just make it bigger, let more people in, and charge reasonable amounts of money for drinks. Certainly long term profitability is more important than short term construction costs. Though at least Trader Sam's has good drinks that aren't pre-mixed for the same price

I do think Batuu is amazing for the detail and atmosphere, and wish I'd had an AP that year to be able to see it without the crazy crowds...that looks like the preview was well worth it for that!! Great pics at SR too!!
We completely lucked out that the preview started 2 days before we were a. due to leave and b. our APs ran out. Definitely one of the better perks we've gotten from being passholders

Last edited:
Now here is what is funny is I recommended Baseline without actually being there :scared1: We've said we are going to go about 10 times but something inevitably comes up and we haven't. But now that you've endorsed it its a must

:rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:You definitely have to go! Great spot for people watching too so that’ll keep Casey entertained:thumbsup2

Rising Moon’s Over Galaxy's Hedge

After our adventures with Oga and her overpriced cantina we walked around a bit and found some planes

And even more planes

And you guessed it more planes.

Or Cars. Maybe those are cars :confused3 This land had me so confused.

Speaking of confused we also did a bit of shopping and found some "interesting" treasures.

Here we have the tongue guy

And warty eyeball guy

Some green safety equipment to use on said tongue and eyeball guys

Some sort of a Batuuian Bomb 💣

And Jason’s personal favorite a galactic plug that is clearly not meant to be placed in any bodily orifices

But Casey did eventually settle on an ancient Egyptian pyramid square thingy

Odd choice for Galaxy’s Hedge but I’ll buy her just about anything if I can stop shopping.

Finally perusing of the land was over it was time for my favorite ride in all of the galaxy: LUNCH!!!

There are really only two options for a meal in Galaxy’s Edge and given the heat we quickly settled on the one with indoor seating. Docking Bay 7.

We decided to try a few items amongst the three of us. First up is the Smoked Kaadu Pork Ribs with a Blueberry Corn Muffin and Cabbage Slaw.

Now I don’t know what a Kaadu is but its rib bone was delicious. The sauce was a little too sweet for my liking but the ribs were tender, packed with smoky flavor, and I loved the little crunchy Kaadu bits on top. I also loved the red cabbage slaw which was tart and vinegary. Now if you don’t like vinegar this is likely not the dish for you but since I could bathe in the stuff I was smitten. The corn muffin was the only disappointment of the dish. The blueberries seemed like an odd addition and it was otherwise very dry.

Up next we have the Felucian Kefta and Hummus Garden Spread which are Plant-based Meatballs, Herb Hummus, Tomato-Cucumber Relish, and a Pita.

Now I am clearly a girl who likes her meat, but holy cucumber this was delicious!!!!! The plant based meatballs really did taste like beef with a tremendous middle eastern flavor that reminded me of a falafel. The relish added some nice acidity to the balls and while the hummus and bread were pretty basic everything went great together. We were saying Hi Felucian instead of Bye Felicia as this was one of the best counter service items we’ve ever had.

To wash it all down Casey kept chugging away at her bomb while doing tongue guy impressions.

And Jason and I were thrilled to see that the people of Batuu support craft brewing and were serving a Gold Squadron Lager.

This was a nice and light beer with a slightly tart and berry flavor that we both really liked.

I gotta say I was pretty shocked at how good Docking Bay 7 was. We don’t do a ton of counter service, but this one is right up there with Satuli Canteen in my book. Our ribs were delicious and when a vegan dish is the stand-out of the meal, clearly they were doing something right. A solid four forkys were given.

After lunch we grabbed another ride on the big plane and even had time to grab a seat at their kitchen table while we waited.

Sadly they weren’t serving any more of that Gold Squadron here.

After another amazing piloting job by my daughter who now won't be allowed to drive until she is 37, time for our annual passholder preview was just about up. But we made sure to stop for one last snack on the way out.

I think this was supposed to be a sweet and spicy popcorn mix but it was just sweet and sweet with a side of stale. The purple ones tasted like grape kool-aid and the red ones were more like red hots. Odd combo but that didn’t stop Casey from eating nearly it all.

We took in some muppets and the “other” Star Wars ride on the way out before heading back for an afternoon at Caribbean Beach. Overall Galaxy’s Hedge is amazingly themed and the truly immersive Disney experience it should be but I was disappointed it wasn’t centered around the original movies. I am clearly not their target audience and get that they are likely trying to promote their newer franchises but their staying power remains to be seen. I would have gone with the tried and true originals so you know it will withstand time. Why Disney didn’t consult me on this is still beyond me :confused3

Up next, a hidden gem right in our own backyard

You got some cracking photos this day and Casey seems to be in top form! Love the various creatures and wow the food looks tasty 😋 especially for an in park qs meal Good to hear that HS has some fast 4 forky choices:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We feel the same about our Oga experience! It was crowded and very disorganized. Andi did not like standing shoulder to shoulder with strangers. :rotfl: It was cool to look around and take a few pictures otherwise not in a rush to head back!
The food at Docking Bay looks really good. We wanted to try the vegetarian dish except it had nuts in it per the menu, we were bummed!
We did not like the popcorn at all! The coke bomb was cool!
It looks like a very enjoyable preview at Galaxy Hedge. :yoda:

Wow! How time flies! This is my first day off in a while (I am an ER nurse.... need I say more???) and I finally caught up on your TR (last time was the beginning of March!) I love this trip report. Thanks for giving me the perfect escape! I love your humor :rotfl2:and your priorities! 🍹

We are planning a 3-day trip for November prior to our cruise, and I had put our MK day on the one day with EMH. Maybe that should be our Animal Kingdom day instead? The whole reason we wanted to go was for Adventureland and Frontierland before the major crowds hit. I wonder if anything will change once the parks reopen? After this mess we are currently in, I DEFINITELY need a vacation, but I want to plan it right! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!