‘Because we’re Disney veterans’ *Update 8/7: Saving the world, 1 drink at a time!

I can't hear, see, think of her without "A Net Full of Jello" popping in my head. It's such a terrible pun, but gets me every time I wait for Muppets 3D :rotfl:

Cute pun! We've only seen the muppets once and we sat down just before the show started so I've never seen what they do while you wait.

I am following along. Really enjoying your report.

Thanks! Always glad to have more followers. :goodvibes

Welcome back! Now I can't wait to hear about both trips!

Loved your updates today. The weight limit for the Big Wheel had me laughing out loud in my office. :goodvibes

You know what I thought of? I bet if you look at the enlarged weight in proportion to the size of the big wheel, it's the same exact proportion of weight to size of an ACTUAL big wheel. Only Disney would think to do something like that!

Alright, you've all got more guts than me. Not only will I never ride ToT again, I definitely wouldn't ride it on a Friday 13th. Just saying.
I do love RnR though! :thumbsup2
A great DHS day all in all!

I wasn't a stalker before ... but now that you've mentioned you're practically famous AND you have a building named after you ... :rolleyes1

I see you busy doing your :laundy:. M'wahahahahaha!

Okay, all joking aside, so far you've gotten a TON done! Love all the "firsts"!!! I swear they move that umbrella around every day. :lmao: I never thought I'd find it in March.

enjoying your tr - can't believe I've never seen the Haitian rum cocktails unless either it's new or only there for F&G

Great TR so far, we can't wait for more!!
When you got to DTD at night were there any stores open still (or did you notice when they were closing?) We have only ever been during the day but we might have a flight landing late on our next trip and were wondering if there would still be some Tren-D shopping time.

Alright, you've all got more guts than me. Not only will I never ride ToT again, I definitely wouldn't ride it on a Friday 13th. Just saying.
I do love RnR though! :thumbsup2
A great DHS day all in all!

What can I say? I live life on the edge of my seat...literally, on that day! Ha! ;)

I wasn't a stalker before ... but now that you've mentioned you're practically famous AND you have a building named after you ... :rolleyes1

I see you busy doing your :laundy:. M'wahahahahaha!

Okay, all joking aside, so far you've gotten a TON done! Love all the "firsts"!!! I swear they move that umbrella around every day. :lmao: I never thought I'd find it in March.

And guess what? I've got lots of more firsts to share with you too! And please, no autographs. :laughing:

Count me in!!

Thanks for joining in!

enjoying your tr - can't believe I've never seen the Haitian rum cocktails unless either it's new or only there for F&G

They are only there for F&G...when we were there last week there was nothing there. In fact, it looked totally different. A giant grassy area. You would never guess there was a paved area and carts set up there just 2 months prior!

Great TR so far, we can't wait for more!!
When you got to DTD at night were there any stores open still (or did you notice when they were closing?) We have only ever been during the day but we might have a flight landing late on our next trip and were wondering if there would still be some Tren-D shopping time.

There were still lots of stores open when we got there. The art store closed earlier than all the others (from what I noticed). The majority of them seemed to by open until 10/10:30. I don't know what time Tren-D closes specifically because we only went into Goofy's Candy company, the World of Disney and The Christmas store. I do know that as long as you get in the store before it closes you can stay and shop. We walked into the World of Disney right before it 'closed' and did some shopping. When we left 30 minutes later the store was still packed! :eek:

You ladies continue to have a blast everywhere you go! Your trip just sounds like so much fun,

Hysterical weight limit on that Big Wheel! Love it :thumbsup2

I did a girls trip last August and it was a blast. I am loving reading about yours - and now feel compelled to make sure that I do another one and soon!

We are veterans too - and I did a lot of firsts on our last trip - including going into One Man's Dream. They have the full Fantasyland model in there now - very cool!

You ladies continue to have a blast everywhere you go! Your trip just sounds like so much fun,

Hysterical weight limit on that Big Wheel! Love it :thumbsup2

I am late but here and caught up. I would LOVE to a girls trip. popcorn::

I absolutely LOVED doing a girls trip and we can't wait to do one again...tentatively we are thinking 2014 once Fantasyland is all done. :rolleyes1 But don't tell our husbands that just yet!

I did a girls trip last August and it was a blast. I am loving reading about yours - and now feel compelled to make sure that I do another one and soon!

We are veterans too - and I did a lot of firsts on our last trip - including going into One Man's Dream. They have the full Fantasyland model in there now - very cool!

We really had a lot of fun doing lots of first time things even though we all consider ourselves Disney veterans. The one nice thing was that we didn't mind missing certain things we had done a lot so we could do other stuff instead! :thumbsup2

Day 3, Friday April 13th

(Get ready for an update (or 2) full of pictures! I took a ton of them this night and can't decide which ones to include and leave out, so I'll just post them all!)

Back at POP, D had a very different idea of how to spend her time relaxing--she went for a run. Crazy girl! H, L and I spent our time relaxing at the pool. A far superior decision IMO :thumbsup2

But it wasn't long before we were refreshed and headed back out. We had dinner reservations at:

255.jpg

This was the first time eating here for D and L. H and I are Ohana veterans. We checked in a little early and even though our ADR wasn't until 5:15, we were seated by 5 pm. We were super excited for this meal, and it did not disappoint! Most everyone on here has either eaten here or read a review, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themseleves!

Nourishment:

256.jpg

Hydration:

257.jpg

Entertainment:

258.jpg

259.jpg

260.jpg

Fat and happy:

261.jpg

Stuffed but not ready to call it a night, we headed over to MK for my most anticipated night of the trip--EMH until 3 am bay-bee! Woot, Woot!!

We took the boat to MK since we had already spent plenty of time on the monorail. Also, as all Disney veterans know, a boat ride to MK is an excellent opportunity to take some great pictures.

262.jpg

266.jpg

264.jpg

269.jpg

267.jpg

265.jpg

Says D, 'We're headed to spend a night at MK. Can I get a Woot, Woot!?!' :laughing:

263.jpg

It wasn't long before we were really home at last for the first time this trip.

IMG_1269.jpg

Home, sweet, home...finally :cloud9:

It was 6:45 and our first order of business was meeting the Mouse--while wearing our matching shirts. Luckily, the wait was only 15 minutes. When it was finally our turn and we pointed to our shirts Mickey jumped up and down and clapped his hands. The resulting picture is one of my favorites of the trip:

JustusgirlsandMickey.jpg

Next, it was off to ride a couple of rides to kill some time before Wishes. The line for Buzz was 30 minutes but the FP return time was only 20 minutes away so even if you weren't a Disney veteran, the answer here is a no brainer.

While we waited for our FP time, the girls took me on another first: The Peoplemover. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY enjoyed this ride. Maybe it was the time of day...it was evening time and the sun was going down. But it was a great way to people watch and kill some time while we waited for crowds to die down a bit. I loved riding and just taking in the general splendor of the whole Disney atmospher. It was so relaxing and exhilerating at the same time. We were really getting amped up for our late night in the park. And they were doing the dance party in Tomorrowland so we had some awesome tunes to listen to! I cannot believe that I've never ridden this before.

Now I was the crazy girl! :rotfl:

Next we saved the galaxy from the evil Emperor Zurgg:

276.jpg

277.jpg

I didn't look very into saving the galaxy in our picture but I think I got a respectable score:

273.jpg

Continued in next post...

Afterwards, we were walking out of Tomorrowland and spotted a little area off to the right that still had chairs and plenty of space for lounging, so we decided to park it for Wishes. It was only 9, but we had all night in MK so we didn't mind waiting for a bit. The view of the castle from our spot:

284.jpg

And since we had a whole hour to kill, what better way to spend it then breaking some more rules:

278.jpg

279.jpg

Shame, shame D!!

We caught the MM&Y show, which was another first for all of us. (I moved a little closer to the castle for this so I could get some good pics)

2012-04-13214405.jpg

281.jpg

2012-04-13214815.jpg

Then it was time for Wishes:

285.jpg

288.jpg

290.jpg

Of course, it was beautiful as always!

Up next, it's only 10 pm, so what kind of trouble can a few Disney veterans who like to break rules get in to when we're allowed to stay at MK until 3 am??

Your picture of your Ohana meal looks reeeeeealy good. I could definitely go for some Ohana food tonight - do you think they deliver out here? It's only 770 miles. :lmao:

Day 3 (and the start of Day 4!), Friday April 13th

What better thing in the world is there to end one day and start another, all without leaving MK???

I dare you to think of anything better.

See, you can't!

I had been waiting 32 long years to do this and tonight was the night! We had just finished watching Wishes, and these Disney veterans were all excited to be staying so late in MK for the very first time TOGETHER.

Much hilarity and mayhem ensued.

First we headed to Haunted Mansion. Not that it makes any different that it's night while riding it, but going through the line was fun because the house seemed so eerie at night.

I spotted someone in line with this bag:

291.jpg

Yeah Lost! I miss this show so much. Can't they just get lost again already so we can have more??

After visiting our favorite haunts, it was 10:30 and we decided we were at the perfect spot to catch the 11 parade. So we got some popcorn and drinks and sat to wait.

It was at this point that we began discussing even more how much D gets grossed out by people eating turkey legs while walking around Disney. And it just so happens that I turned around and there was someone with a turkey leg.

And not only was he eating it but he was taking a picture of it with his phone!

No joke!

And he had to keep moving around to different places to take the picture because evidently the lighting was not good for the picture of his precious turkey leg.

I can just imagine his post on FB or Twitter: "Turkey legs and MK late at night. Doesn't get much better. #ilovemeatatMK" :laughing: At least that's what I would have posted.

So of course I had to take a picture of him taking a picture of it:

292.jpg

It was so hilarious. We then decided it would be fun to try and photograph people eating turkey legs. And low and behold there was another person also enjoying this carnivorous treat.

294.jpg

Sneaking pictures of turkey leg consumption killed time and before we knew it, the parade was upon us.

298.jpg

302.jpg

319.jpg

After the parade we rode PotC. It was a walk on.

On our way back we enjoyed how empty it was in the park. This was just before midnight:

322.jpg

We headed over to the castle to get some night time pictures. The park was so empty that D and H couldn't contain themselves:

325.jpg

D was so excited she did cartwheels in Frontierland

327.jpg

and then again in front of the castle!

329.jpg

Crazy picture taker me had to stop and check out how my night shots were turning out:

IMG_1312.jpg

Main street at night:

333.jpg

The castle all aglow.

IMG_1313.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

These were some of my favorite pictures from this trip.

Next we hit up Space Mountain. It too was a walk on. Man, I could get used to this whole no waiting in line thing!

Then, from Tomorrowland, we headed over to Fantasyland and rode Peter Pan and Small World. It was a walk on for both and we had a boat all to ourselves.

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

It was 1 am when we were getting off. I have proof in case no one believed me once we got home:

337.jpg

After Small World we did SWSA because we knew it was closing for good at the end of May. And then we hit up Dumbo because I insisted. I mean, who goes to Disney without riding Dumbo, even if you are an adult and have no kids!?! That is crazy talk.

341.jpg

338.jpg

The new Dumbo looks so beautiful at night!

We all rode in our own Dumbo so here is the self pic I had to do:

343.jpg

Finally, we had done everything. And at just before 3 we were headed out of the park. But we did stop for one more late night snack:

345.jpg

Here's the CM who got our sundaes for us. I asked him if I could take a picture of the ice cream and he joked, what you don't want one of me with it? So of course I took one!

344.jpg

He was in such a good mood for 3 am!!

As we walked down Main Street, it felt like we were the only ones there shutting down the park:

347.jpg

Bascially, we were!

WOW! I'd love to visit an empty park!! :love:

Great shots! And what a great way to pass the time... people watch... err ... shoot! :confused3 :lmao:

Totally loved the ice cream guy!!! :thumbsup2

Great update! I only lasted until a little past midnight on my solo MK tour during our last trip.

I'm not a big fan of turkey legs - Turkey legs at 10:30pm??? I felt a little nausea coming on when I saw those pics. Of course Ice Creams are good anytime of the day - even at 3am! :thumbsup2

You did a great job at MK EMH! Reading your updates makes it very hard to wait till October...

Love the updates! What a fun time with friends, late night in an empty MK!!
I really hate seeing people chowing down on turkey legs too. Also I hate the smell of them! :confused3 lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter