£25 for a visa?

XAVIER

Dis Veteran
My wife just went onto the ESTA site and tried to get our visa's but it says there is a £25 charge for each one! (and there are 5 of us!)

Is that right?

...but she typed in the address right off the leaflet that Virgin gave us!:confused3

Mystery solved!

She didn't type in the https:// apparently and so it gave her a selection of websites and she just chose one of them! :sad2:

Never mind!!!!! :rolleyes1

Mystery solved!

She didn't type in the https:// apparently and so it gave her a selection of websites and she just chose one of them! :sad2:

Never mind!!!!! :rolleyes1

Did she pay, or did you stop her in time?

No she realised at the last minute that we were not supposed to pay. I confirmed this but when she said she had typed in the address exactly as it said I began to wonder! :confused:

All done now though.

Easy trap to fall into though, I guess.

Easy trap to fall into though, I guess.

Yes, many think its the new system kicking in already. A few have already been caught out this year. It is a legitimate company though apparently, but the cheek of it! I really feel for folk who don't subscribe to one of these planning forums and therefore are none the wiser. I was curious and googled the topic and that site that charges comes up top of the list on several search engines. They are obviously quids in at the moment. :sad2: Besides, the new charge is propsed at about $10, not £25. Very naughty of them

So glad they got nothing off of you.

I got caught with that as everyone knows.Luckily only did the one out of 3 of us.Blooming scammers:mad::lmao::lmao::rotfl2: You live and learn hey

I think it is alway made worse by the fact that even the 'Official' site does not look very official.

I checked and saw all of ours are still valid from our last trip in September 09 - although my daughters passport needs to be renewed so we will have to get hers again. As we will have a different accommodation address this year I wondered whether we all needed to renew - if anything it may be worth it before the $10 fee/tax comes in to cover us for longer - any thoughts??

The address where you are staying is one of the pieces of information that is not required - so there is no need to renew yours for new ones

Just get new for everyone while they are free.
I do new ones before every trip, August 09, Easter 10 and will be doing again next week ready for August 10, hopefully 2 years before we have to pay.

I also did new ones, even although the old ones are still valid. If I hear anything definite about an approximate date for them to begin charging, I will do a new one again just to extend my free window. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter