£2500 ... How much?!?!

Well, it's certainly put me off ever visiting Euro-Disney as I like to get value-for-money. I nearly balked at paying $80 for a meal at the Rain Forest Cafe in Orlando for 5 of us ... meals and accomodation in Euro-Disney would bankrupt me!

Miffy2003 said:
Our most expensive meal (at a lovely sit down restaurant in the park for 2 adults and 2 children) was about 100 Euros.

The snack type places for pizza, burger etc worked out about the same as WDW (exchange rate dependant, obviously).

Disneyland Paris is relatively more expensive than WDW I agree but just the thing for a Disney taster. I always travel in school holidays and there is no way it would be cheaper for me to go to WDW (onsite).
As is most of Europe compared to USA :confused3

Our first visit was during the one child free per adult, but when we looked closer visiting a different time of year and paying for the children wasn't much different. They put the adult prices up during the free child places offer.

AndRu said:
I nearly balked at paying $80 for a meal at the Rain Forest Cafe in Orlando for 5 of us ... meals and accomodation in Euro-Disney would bankrupt me!
$80 for a full service meal for five? I think very few people would find that overpriced. Perhaps DLRP isn't for everyone!

Did they fly business class and eat at the DLH every night ? :confused3

We went from Edinburgh last year and flights and accomodation for 5 days were only around £900 for two adults and a three year old.

We spent around £600 and that included food , souveiners and extras . This included one character meal in Inventions in the DLH.

I thought this was reasonable and there is no way we would have been able to travel to Orlando or California for that type of money and we also prefered not to.

You can do DLRP much cheaper than they did and without penny pinching.

disneyangel said:
Did they fly business class and eat at the DLH every night ? :confused3
I'd been wondering about that also.
Checked our previous receipts and looked out the following for the five of us.

Inventions €126 = £86 for buffet in Disneyland Hotel, our most expensive meal.
King Ludwig's Castle €51 = £35 table service including beers
Cowboy Cookout €24 = £16 counter service restaurant

Frances999 said:
$80 for a full service meal for five? I think very few people would find that overpriced. Perhaps DLRP isn't for everyone!
It is when you can pay a lot less for a lot more at a Sizzler / Ponderosa / Friendlies / Sweet Tomatoes / other off-site restaurants!

And you're right, just like staying onsite, Euro-Disney isn't for everyone!

I don't think the table service restaurants at DLP are that bad value, we paid 80 euros for a 3 course meal at Walts with a bottle of wine. we thought this was excellent value.

we don't eat at counter service restaurants and never pay more than £500 on food (5 days).

UKDEB said:
It was pricing up a trip to (the then) Euro Disney back in 1992 that sparked our first trip to WDW. For the cost of 4 nights onsite, we could spend 2 weeks in Orlando. Over the years, I've occasionally flirted with the idea of DLP, but I can never bring myself to cough up the money.

Dito thank god we decided to go to orlando as it eorkrd out cheaper then
Paulh

We went in March for 4 nights/5 days and it cost £471 for 2 adults, 2 children, breakfast every day and unlimited passes every day and we went by Eurotunnel.

I took my kids out of school for a week and we took £700 spending money, which we spent all of, we ate mainly counter service with a couple of nicer meals like Rainforest Cafe and we ate in the hotel a couple of times but we mainly bought goodies to bring back.

Unless I win the lottery I will never go in the summer because prices shoot up to over £1000 and it's just not worth it but if you go when the "kids go free" and "one night extra free" deals are on you get a bargain. :Pinkbounc

UKDEB said:
It was pricing up a trip to (the then) Euro Disney back in 1992 that sparked our first trip to WDW. For the cost of 4 nights onsite, we could spend 2 weeks in Orlando. Over the years, I've occasionally flirted with the idea of DLP, but I can never bring myself to cough up the money.

Whoa!! :faint: For our first trip in Nov 92, flights from Manchester, transfers, 3 nights at Sequoia Lodge and park tickets for 4 days cost us £300 per person. I doubt I could have done two weeks in Orlando for that! ;)

If you compare onsite at WDW to onsite at DLP then prices per day are comparative. Obviously if you're comparing onsite DLP with staying offsite or in a villa in Florida then the latter is a much better deal. But with the area around DLP developing all the time, offering varying prices of accomodation then with the help of the budget airlines or Eurostar offers you can put together a great deal. Then as long as don't eat at Inventions or the California Grill every night you should be fine!!! BTW - great price pixiepower04!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter