ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone!:)

QOTD.. Do you plan on taking advantage of Extra Magic Hours? Do you like to start your vacation days bright and early or stay up very late?

I was looking at the park hours on the Disney site last night. I was shocked at how late some of them are!:eek: What generally happens is I plan my days around the recommendations of Touring Plans and EasyWDW. They usually recommend the best parks as the ones without EMH. So the parks I picked have regular open and close hours.
But when I saw the calendar, MK for example closes at 9 only twice in our 9 day trip. Every other night is 11pm, and on the weekends the EMH's go to 1a.m and 2 a.m.:eek:

My kids are older now, and we'd be fine to sleep in and do late nights at the parks but I don't know if it will mess with the advantage rope drop gives us. For example, will we even get to ride TSMM if I show up at 11? I don't want to stand in lines for hours because we chose to sleep in.

Decisions, Decisions. I think my family would prefer late night touring now, but it's so hard to let go of our rope drop plans.

We plan to take advantage of rope drop and emh late hours, this is when we feel its ok to leave the park in the heat of the afternoon because the park is opened late so we can enjoy the cooler temperatures! So we'll get up early, do RD and leave at hot times to return later!

I like that plan Mrs. M. Mouse, but I don't know how long my family could burn the candle at both ends. If we stayed until 2a.m. and then got back to our room and to bed by 3a.m. I can't se us getting up at 7:30 to be back for rope drop.
You'd likely see headlines on the news "Disney mom arrested for throwing 16 year old girl into the water on It's a Small World.. Story at 11":rotfl2:

My dd is a great kid. But without sleep. Yikes:rolleyes1

I like that plan Mrs. M. Mouse, but I don't know how long my family could burn the candle at both ends. If we stayed until 2a.m. and then got back to our room and to bed by 3a.m. I can't se us getting up at 7:30 to be back for rope drop.
You'd likely see headlines on the news "Disney mom arrested for throwing 16 year old girl into the water on It's a Small World.. Story at 11":rotfl2:

My dd is a great kid. But without sleep. Yikes:rolleyes1

Likely we wont stay all the way til 2am either. I'm sure i'd be attached to some crazy headline like 'Crazy mom holds 12 yr old girl by her ankles from balcony' lmao my preteens get very cranky on little sleep and i don't handle that well ha ha ha.

Good Morning everyone!:)

QOTD.. Do you plan on taking advantage of Extra Magic Hours? Do you like to start your vacation days bright and early or stay up very late?

Nope, don't do EMH for the same reason as you. It seems that the parks are much more crowded on EMH days.

We had park hoppers last year, so did morning EMHs and those were actually awesome. From 8am until about 10am we were able to ride everything we wanted with little to no lines. Then we just hopped to another park when it got crowded. No PHs this year, so back to parks with regular hours :)

That's a good plan for you with a little one and being pregnant in the heat. I don't find it's really brutal until about lunch time and that's when we usually take our break to swim and nap:). I think it will work well for you!

Yes, I have promised my family to put my commando ways behind me for this trip! (My oldest seemed a little disappointed at the thought!) Our plan is to definitely come back to the hotel to swim, nap, clean up for the evening. I'm really hoping that taking it easier than normal will make it enjoyable for everyone! Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

I am SO behind after being MIA yesterday most of the day due to car issues... :-/

But I will at least chime in on the latest QOTD...we generally do not do morning EMH, but evenings are always a hit. This is why we always get hopper tickets as well so we can do 2 parks in a day. As long as we go back and nap, etc. my son is a night owl. And we have yet to make it for rope drop, although one of these days I'd love to see the opening show. We do have a PRD ADR at Crystal Palace on our anniversary and an early ADR at 'Ohana as well, but that's it. DD2 will sleep in the stroller without any issues, so DH and I take turns with DS in the evenings. I found it nice and relaxing walking around the parks in the late hours... :-) (we were also there in September - low crowds). May not be quite the same in August, but still...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes, I have promised my family to put my commando ways behind me for this trip! (My oldest seemed a little disappointed at the thought!) Our plan is to definitely come back to the hotel to swim, nap, clean up for the evening. I'm really hoping that taking it easier than normal will make it enjoyable for everyone! Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

That's my plan too! Since we started planning this trip, I've added 2 additional days as well, so I'm hoping that helps!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello! We are planning our first trip for 8/11- 8/19 at the Wilderness Campground. We have two small princesses, 3 & 22 months that will be the center of our attention. My eldest has food allergies so we bought a camper a couple of years ago to make traveling a possibility. It's our safe place on wheels:) Right now we have a breakfast reservation for the 12th to surprise her with meeting her favorite princesses. I would like to add more but the I'm nervous about timing everything with what they can handle. I'd love to meet up with any fellow DISers!

:party: :welcome: :party:

Glad to have you with us!! We were AOA with the fishie girl too, but changed to POP incase there are discounts announced later which may be more likely in POP then AOA.
But we will be eating breakfast at AOA - menu is MUCH better then POP.
That is what we are going to do. I hear there is a bridge to get to AoA from Pop. This is our second visit with both stays being at Pop. First disney trip was off site with family, staying at Tuscana.

need help. I don't know how to add my ticker. I made it but which codes do I use to add it to the forum signature? please. ETA, it worked. Hmmmm.....

That is what we are going to do. I hear there is a bridge to get to AoA from Pop. This is our second visit with both stays being at Pop. First disney trip was off site with family, staying at Tuscana.

Funny, that's an old quote. We are staying at CSR now LOL.

Sat down with the kids yesterday and picked out our condo for the trip!!! Now if I can just get my husband to commit to the dates, I will finally feel like this trip is a reality!:thumbsup2

Oldest daughter is worried that the vacation will interfere with her high school sign up day (when they get their schedules, etc), but I should be safe with the dates I've chosen. I would call the school and ask, but I don't want to be "that mom"...:sad2:
We are registering my daughter for high school then hitting the road the next day for our two week road trip which includes the disney stay.

yeah I am late catching up on this thread.:rotfl:

We plan to take advantage of rope drop and emh late hours, this is when we feel its ok to leave the park in the heat of the afternoon because the park is opened late so we can enjoy the cooler temperatures! So we'll get up early, do RD and leave at hot times to return later!

This is our m.o. We don't stay at EMH parks right until closing, but we like to stay later than the regular park hours. Plus the nap in the afternoon helps us recharge and be ready for the night out.

We are doing the EMH hours our first 4 park days, then we do MK again so we could get in BOG, and another park on the last day - the kids will choose. I want to do breaks at the resort so the EMH helps me feel like I am not missing so much.

QOTD: It's Father's Day weekend. What plans do you have for the Fathers in your lives?

We're heading up north to visit with my in-laws. I'll be pretty worn out from the 20 hour drive the day before though so hoping it's low key. I'd like to get to church, have a nice lunch and fall asleep on the couch watching the race. :lmao:

My dad passed away 8 years ago and my FIL is in Italy right now (he will be here on Wednesday), so we are actually celebrating SIL's bday tomorrow at a festival in Brooklyn.

Nice to see this thread is still here at page 254!

Saturday's QOTD:

Do you plan on having a rental vehicle at your disposal?

(or will you have your own vehicle as you are driving to Orlando vs. flying?)

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?
:drive:
We are driving so I will have my car but I plan on using mostly disney transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter