“Camping” on Discovery Island

Yikes! You couldn't pay me to camp in there now. I would not have wanted to camp in there alone at night even when it was operational during the day. We used to go there every trip, and even though I enjoyed it - always thought of snakes, alligators and other critters when we were traipsing around in the heat.
@brockash, maybe he swam!! There was a guy (maybe 2) a few years back that did swim across - even more scary to think about than canoeing.

Yikes! You couldn't pay me to camp in there now. I would not have wanted to camp in there alone at night even when it was operational during the day. We used to go there every trip, and even though I enjoyed it - always thought of snakes, alligators and other critters when we were traipsing around in the heat.
@brockash, maybe he swam!! There was a guy (maybe 2) a few years back that did swim across - even more scary to think about than canoeing.
Yikes! ...I was already in the no way would I canoe or kayak, let alone swim 😳

I can’t even imagine the critters and snakes roaming that island. I would be scared going during the day, no way I could stay all night.:scared:

I have seen some photos and videos of urban explorers from a few years back, and they were there when it wasn’t completely dark. It was enough to give a person nightmares. Considering there aren’t any barriers to keep out snakes and gators, let alone bugs, it’s a firm no for me.

I do like the photo they used for the wdwinfo article. I like seeing CR under construction. . .

Actually this camping idea has some merit. Just think of the guided camping trips they have in the Okefenokee Swamp. Sleeping on platforms in the swamp - if they can do it in there, Disney could do it on Discovery Island!

Actually this camping idea has some merit. Just think of the guided camping trips they have in the Okefenokee Swamp. Sleeping on platforms in the swamp - if they can do it in there, Disney could do it on Discovery Island!

When I was in the Everglades I was lookin up the equivalent of backpacking, which was from platform to platform, on what they call chickees. However, I'm not sure about all the wildlife. But at least there might be a place to go potty.

Everglades_National_Park_camping_1440x900.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter