“Dreams Come True Momma!” A 2 year old’s first trip ~ May 2015~Complete {NEW TR LINK!}

Nice update!

That's crazy about the bus situation. They should change that policy, definitely. We didn't have issues at POR when we stayed there but we always went out to the main bus stop because of where our room was situated (and we had breakfast in the Food court most mornings, too)

I am very selective of the resorts I stay at due to bus issues. The only moderate I would consider is POFQ due to this. But I hate driving (where is a chauffeur when I need one...) so staying off property or driving to the parks if I am on property is not an option for me. I would rather stay at a value resort. I was a little concerned about the buses for our May stay at All Stars, but we were fortunate to not really have any issues there.

Just saying...I think I deserve more than 1 pt for all my guesses! LOL!:rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl:

No one was even close to the ride! Wow!

What a great idea for putting her in charge of the spinner, but I totally understand having to close your eyes sometimes!

Love me some TTA and Stitch! I do hope you get to see him later!

My guesses are:

Hollywood Studios!

And Giddy to see Darth Vader! (she is her daddy's child afterall... but most kids are a little timid by him)

Although I do like the other guesses so far...especially the one where she is shy/quiet around the characters! That made ne laugh.

:P

Whadya mean "at some point"???
:flower3: Its just not the same without the swirl!

Dang. Wait... This was after you tried to see Aladdin one last time, right?

Right?

Right?

Hello?
:rolleyes1

:laughing: Never thought of Buzz as a ride someone might get sick on.

Until now.
It was the extreme spinning while in that room with the stars shooting by that got me. :crazy2:

But of course.
It's right there!
::yes::

Nice little character pixie dust. :)
:wizard:

Those cars are short, aren't they?
::yes:::crowded:

Congratulations! You're officially the very first people ever to switch a FP from 7DMT to Pooh!
:rotfl: It felt like sacrilege to do that.

For honey, right?
:rolleyes2

:sad2: Seriously. I am soooo sucking at this contest.
:flower3::mickeybar

Brrr....!
:thumbsup2

Good choice to head out for a rest!
::yes:: of course she woke up as soon as the bus started moving....

A failure in the system if you ask me.
If you have stops... don't you think you should track all of them?
You would think. Espcially with the long range rfid in the magic bands. There really isn't an excuse for this.

Well, that's nice of him at least.

When we stayed there, it was during spring break.
(They closed MK at least once for reaching capacity.)
And while we always used the south stop,
I don't recall ever seeing a full bus pass us by.
we aren't you a lucky duck then!

Oh, man.
Well I'm gonna say back to MK.
So there's no way in heck you're going there.
:rolleyes1:duck:

Oh, man. No clue.
Does a summersault?
:flower3:

I'm glad your husband got the truth regarding the bus situation at POR. We stayed there in 2010 and found the transportation to be nightmarish. In 2013, we stayed at POFQ and learned that they were the first stop for all of Port Orleans. We never had a single issue. Our two stays at ASM did not bring the difficulties that we had at POR. Bottom line for us is that we'll never stay at POR again. It's a lovely place, but I don't understand why some people are so defensive of it. I have a coworker who doesn't understand why I don't adore POR like she does.
If we ever stay moderate again it will only be at POFQ Its the only Mod without a shared stop.

I'll guess you headed to Epcot for the evening and Little Miss did not enjoy Illuminations.
:scratchin

Wow I completely missed an update. Darn! I was going to guess PVH for lunch too!

Well, I say after your nap you'll head to Epcot. As for Little Miss showing her Odd Ball ways..hmmm, is the "ball" referring to spaceship earth? Does she do something funny in there? LOL Maybe she makes a face into the camera!

Sorry about the bus issues. Sometimes it really gets to me too. But I say overall it is worth it to stay on property. That was nice they gave you the vouchers though. Hopefully from now until the end of your trip it is smooth sailing!
Yeah with this march trip we very nearly stayed off property but found that once you add in their parking fees and such that it just isn't worth it.

Kids love that spinner joystick. :faint:
:crazy2:::yes::

I'm glad you finally rode it! Must have been all that talk of "hunny" that made you hungry.
Maybe...

This really is a crappy excuse. I mean really??? It counts as a bus having been there even if it doesn't make it to all stops? I doubt we'll be using the bus much anyway, but I appreciate you sharing this info before we get there. I'll definitely take it into account.
I know! Its the south depot that is the main issue as far as I can gather. Just pack your patience and be willing to be flexible.

Back to MK

She decided to clam up and be stubborn with a character... because this never happens.

Nice update!
:thanks:

That's crazy about the bus situation. They should change that policy, definitely. We didn't have issues at POR when we stayed there but we always went out to the main bus stop because of where our room was situated (and we had breakfast in the Food court most mornings, too)
The south depot is the main bus stop. THat is what doesn't make any sense to me. The way they rotate around the resort is they save the busiest stop for last. :confused3

I am very selective of the resorts I stay at due to bus issues. The only moderate I would consider is POFQ due to this. But I hate driving (where is a chauffeur when I need one...) so staying off property or driving to the parks if I am on property is not an option for me. I would rather stay at a value resort. I was a little concerned about the buses for our May stay at All Stars, but we were fortunate to not really have any issues there.
We feel the same. DH and I are going back and forth debating on whether it will be better to drive or try the bus at pop. I've heard such great things about their buses We may just give them a shot. (Besides riding the Disney Buses is a favorite thing to do for Little MIss!)

Just saying...I think I deserve more than 1 pt for all my guesses! LOL!:rolleyes1:rotfl2::rotfl:
:duck:

No one was even close to the ride! Wow!
I was kinda surprised at that.

What a great idea for putting her in charge of the spinner, but I totally understand having to close your eyes sometimes!
She had fun with it for sure! :crazy2:

Love me some TTA and Stitch! I do hope you get to see him later!
:wizard:

Hollywood Studios!

And Giddy to see Darth Vader! (she is her daddy's child afterall... but most kids are a little timid by him)

Tasting Our Way Around The World…. (5/13/15 Part 7)

After our nap we decided to skip dealing with a bus and took a taxi to Epcot. We ended up getting there about 6:30. Our first stop was to Club Cool so that Little Miss could participate in a right of passage…. We got the camera all ready to film her reaction and presented her with Beverly and prepared ourselves for a good chuckle.

20150513_184918_zpsaahvbyup.jpg

However, when she tried it she ended up nonchalantly drinking the whole thing! :rolleyes2 (Only my kid! :rotfl2:)

We then let her have tastes of the others before scooting on our way to the world showcase boats. The watermelon soda ended up being the favorite.

20150513_185528_zpscpm5kd9r.jpg

We had plans to finish tasting our way around the world and because we did Canada – France last time we decided that because we didn’t want to get caught in world showcase around Illuminations time we would take the boat and start in Morocco and work our way back to future world through Mexico.

20150513_190618_zpssmmtubrg.jpg

I have to say we really loved touring the World Showcase this way and have voted it as our new way to tour. It really helps you to soak in more of the world showcase.

20150513_191003_zps1nmeb67r.jpg

Our first stop was the Flower and Garden booth in Japan. The sushi and the Bun were both all DH. My main item here I was excited to try was the Frushi. I had heard so much about it I was very excited to try it. I ended up a tad disappointed. We found that it lacked in a whole lot of flavor. DH seemed to enjoy the Bun and the Sushi though.

20150513_191803_zpsdewz1vks.jpg

20150513_192051_zps108uyzor.jpg

Our next stop was in the USA pavilion (which we have still yet to ever go inside of :sad2:) We stopped at the Flower and Garden booth and got a Sandwich each and a Burnt End Hash to share. While we found the bbq sandwiches to be a tad overrated, the Burnt Ends Hash was FABULOUS!

20150513_193043_zpsyuz55hhw.jpg

20150513_193723_zpsoaygj35w.jpg

After eating we stopped and got an American Dream to share. The only mistake here was not getting one to hog to myself! This was GOOD!!! I loved it. It’s a must do for sure on all future trips for sure.

20150513_193900_zpsnyunrcn1.jpg

20150513_194251_zpsqvceuloc.jpg

After the USA pavilion we stopped next at the Trains in the Germany pavilion and DH and Little Miss had big fun watching them for a while.

20150513_194804_zpshb36i2xv.jpg

20150513_195410_zpsqpkomp9u.jpg

20150513_195418_zpsbzeopl4x.jpg

We next stopped at the Florida booth for Flower and Garden festival. We got a Watermelon Slush (nonalcoholic) and a Lemon Blueberry tart to share. I liked the slush but found the tart to tart and not sweet enough for my tastes. However it worked out well because DH found he preferred the tart over the slush.

20150513_195414_zps0pyhx240.jpg

By this point we were starting to get rather full but there was one last thing on my list that I wanted to try. So we made one last stop in Mexico so that I could try the Chocolate Flan. While a tad denser than I am used to in a Flan it was still very good and a good way to cap off the night.

20150513_200922_zpsvd4o6yed.jpg

20150513_201614_zpslkctcp12.jpg

After stopping one last time to get a shot in of the Ball with the flowers we headed back toward Future world to try and get a few last rides in before the park closed for the night. We first tried to get another ride on Figment but found that it was closed for the evening. So we pressed on to The Land Pavilion with the goal in mind to try and ride Soarin. With how close Little Miss was on Star Tours we decided to give it a shot and see if we could get her on Soarin. And while she was close enough in height that her bow and hair stuck above the cutoff point the top of her head was just barely under so they wouldn’t let her pass. Off I went to ride for my first Solo ride ever and pick up the Rider Swap for DH.

20150513_202925_zpsesnokve1.jpg

20150513_203335_zpsce2eyags.jpg

DH went with Little Miss to the large play area at the exit to wait for me. I was in and out quickly and soon DH found himself going in for his ride.

20150513_205830_zpsd66phk0x.jpg

20150513_213055_zpslirzwh9h.jpg

20150513_215153_zpssglowbuw.jpg

20150513_215332_zpss8hwbnwc.jpg

By the time that we both rode the park had closed and we slowly started to mosey out of the park. After stopping in a few places to let Little Miss explore and play we finally found our way out to the not at all crowded bus and back to POR for the night.

***Bonus Time!***

Where do we go in the morning?

What time do we get there?

What’s our first ride?

Trip Report Game Points

@annie170 :5pts Epcot,

@chunkymonkey : 4pts Epcot,

Totals:

annie170 – 59

Afwdwfan – 49

Dugette – 43

Chunkymonkey – 42

Cajunfan – 33

Pkondz – 30

BlvInMagic – 29

Princessesandpascal – 19

NJLauren - 19

Vleeth – 15

Mdsouth – 15

BibbitybobityLu – 11

Kadrachb – 8

LovesTheMouse – 6

ashw100 – 5

Hooray! 42 points!
Wow I can't believe Little Miss liked the Beverly! Maybe she's developing a super sophisticated palate!
The food you ate around the world looked so yummy. I can't wait until Flower and Garden next year!

Hmm, the next day...MK, and you get there before rope drop....so in between 8:30am and 9am? You head to Buzz Lightyear first!

Oh, sure. Give me a flower... but eat ice cream right in front of me. Cruel! Too cruel!

::yes:: of course she woke up as soon as the bus started moving....

:laughing: Of course she did!

we aren't you a lucky duck then!

Yes. Yes I am.
Seriously, though. I've heard of people complaining about the busses at POR (you're not the first) but we never saw any of that.
Maybe I should, you know, for science, stay at POR for a year or so and do an in depth investigation.

If we ever stay moderate again it will only be at POFQ Its the only Mod without a shared stop.

Didn't realize that.

After our nap we decided to skip dealing with a bus and took a taxi to Epcot.

How much was it? If you remember.

We got the camera all ready to film her reaction and presented her with Beverly and prepared ourselves for a good chuckle.

Oh boy! This should be hilarious!

However, when she tried it she ended up nonchalantly drinking the whole thing! :rolleyes2 (Only my kid! :rotfl2:)

:lmao:

Donald with Huey, Duey and Louie... and Bob the Wonder Duck.

My main item here I was excited to try was the Frushi. I had heard so much about it I was very excited to try it. I ended up a tad disappointed. We found that it lacked in a whole lot of flavor.

That Frushi never appealed to me.
I (like you) have heard about it from several sources, but I never had a hankering for it.

Look at her! Already a pro with chopsticks.

After eating we stopped and got an American Dream to share. The only mistake here was not getting one to hog to myself! This was GOOD!!! I loved it.

Came close... but haven't tried it yet.

After the USA pavilion we stopped next at the Trains in the Germany pavilion and DH and Little Miss had big fun watching them for a while.

Oh good! When we were there, it was down for refurb.
I was afraid it was going to be taken down.

I liked the slush but found the tart to tart and not sweet enough for my tastes.

A tart so tart it made you fa... er... uh...

So it was tart, huh?

However it worked out well because DH found he preferred the tart over the slush.

If he looks you in the eye and says he loves his tart, he's being cheeky.

Gorgeous shot!

And while she was close enough in height that her bow and hair stuck above the cutoff point the top of her head was just barely under so they wouldn’t let her pass.

So close. Hope she wasn't too disappointed.

What’s our first ride?

Oh, I got this.
You are 100% definitely not doing the following.
Going to AK, arriving around 10 and riding Dinosaur.

Hooray! 42 points!
:dogdance:

Wow I can't believe Little Miss liked the Beverly! Maybe she's developing a super sophisticated palate!
Maybe!

The food you ate around the world looked so yummy. I can't wait until Flower and Garden next year!
It was pretty tasty.

Hmm, the next day...MK, and you get there before rope drop....so in between 8:30am and 9am? You head to Buzz Lightyear first!

Oh, sure. Give me a flower... but eat ice cream right in front of me. Cruel! Too cruel!
:rotfl2::thumbsup2

:laughing: Of course she did!

Yes. Yes I am.
Seriously, though. I've heard of people complaining about the busses at POR (you're not the first) but we never saw any of that.
Maybe I should, you know, for science, stay at POR for a year or so and do an in depth investigation.

Uh huh, "For Science!" Can't wait to hear how that goes with your wife and kids.

Didn't realize that.
We've looked it up since we've been home.

How much was it? If you remember.
Uh.......... Not outrageous or we would've remembered I'm sure.

Oh boy! This should be hilarious!

My kid I tell ya! :rolleyes2

Donald with Huey, Duey and Louie... and Bob the Wonder Duck.
Oh yes, How could one forget... Bob the Wonder Duck? :rotfl2:

That Frushi never appealed to me.
I (like you) have heard about it from several sources, but I never had a hankering for it.
It looks pretty. That's about all I got to say about it.

Look at her! Already a pro with chopsticks.
Actually she was "flying them" like an airplane like she does with the sticks in music class.

Came close... but haven't tried it yet.
:eek::earseek::scared1: HOW!?!?!?!?

Oh good! When we were there, it was down for refurb.
I was afraid it was going to be taken down.
Well remember this is from May2015 so you have been there more recently. However I do seem to recall something mentioned about coming out of rehab over on EasyWDW.

A tart so tart it made you fa... er... uh...

So it was tart, huh?
:rotfl2:

If he looks you in the eye and says he loves his tart, he's being cheeky.
:thumbsup2

Gorgeous shot!
Thanks! Again taken with my phone. It might get a place of honor on the wall in my living room. (My new family room has a big blank space that needs a collection of mirrors or pictures to fill it.

So close. Hope she wasn't too disappointed.
We prepped her for disappointment just incase.

Oh, I got this.
You are 100% definitely not doing the following.
Going to AK, arriving around 10 and riding Dinosaur.

Nice update. I like your idea of taking the boat in EPCOT to start your World Showcase in Morocco and then heading back towards Future World.

I am going to say, AK and you ride Safari first. You get there around 8:15-8:30.

Uh huh, "For Science!" Can't wait to hear how that goes with your wife and kids.

They won't even notice.
Oh, wait. When it snows and the driveway doesn't get shovelled.
Hmmm.... I could hire someone... hmmm....

Uh.......... Not outrageous or we would've remembered I'm sure.

check.

Oh yes, How could one forget... Bob the Wonder Duck? :rotfl2:

I know! He's awesome!

It looks pretty. That's about all I got to say about it.

That's what I figured.

Actually she was "flying them" like an airplane like she does with the sticks in music class.

Sure. Professionally flying them.
Yup.

:eek::earseek::scared1: HOW!?!?!?!?

It just happened! I swear!

Well remember this is from May2015 so you have been there more recently.

Oh, duh! That's right.

However I do seem to recall something mentioned about coming out of rehab over on EasyWDW.

Hope so.

Thanks! Again taken with my phone. It might get a place of honor on the wall in my living room. (My new family room has a big blank space that needs a collection of mirrors or pictures to fill it.

That one's definitely suitable for framing.

:rotfl2: Hey, I'm right there with her. I wouldn't necessarily choose to sit and drink the stuff, but I apparently don't find it as revolting as I'm supposed to.

We had plans to finish tasting our way around the world and because we did Canada – France last time we decided that because we didn’t want to get caught in world showcase around Illuminations time we would take the boat and start in Morocco and work our way back to future world through Mexico.
Hmmm... good idea. I might have to try that sometime. I can't recall having ever even taken the boat across the lagoon.

Our next stop was in the USA pavilion (which we have still yet to ever go inside of :sad2:) We stopped at the Flower and Garden booth and got a Sandwich each and a Burnt End Hash to share. While we found the bbq sandwiches to be a tad overrated, the Burnt Ends Hash was FABULOUS!
I'm glad you enjoyed. I think it is kind of hard for them to make good quality BBQ on the kind of scale that they have to prepare it for the booths there. I'd still definitely try one though because it is also hard to screw it up too badly and I always enjoy some BBQ.

Always have to check out the trains! :thumbsup2

So we pressed on to The Land Pavilion with the goal in mind to try and ride Soarin. With how close Little Miss was on Star Tours we decided to give it a shot and see if we could get her on Soarin. And while she was close enough in height that her bow and hair stuck above the cutoff point the top of her head was just barely under so they wouldn’t let her pass. Off I went to ride for my first Solo ride ever and pick up the Rider Swap for DH.
That stinks. I'm sorry that she missed the cut off, but I'm glad you guys had time for solo rides right before the park closed!

MK

7:50

What’s our first ride?
Tomorrowland Speedway

They won't even notice.
Oh, wait. When it snows and the driveway doesn't get shovelled.
Hmmm.... I could hire someone... hmmm....
:rolleyes2:tiptoe::drive::tink::earboy2:

Sure. Professionally flying them.
Yup.

It just happened! I swear!
:eek::sad2:

:rotfl2: Hey, I'm right there with her. I wouldn't necessarily choose to sit and drink the stuff, but I apparently don't find it as revolting as I'm supposed to.
:rotfl2:

Hmmm... good idea. I might have to try that sometime. I can't recall having ever even taken the boat across the lagoon.
It really gives a different perspective.

I'm glad you enjoyed. I think it is kind of hard for them to make good quality BBQ on the kind of scale that they have to prepare it for the booths there. I'd still definitely try one though because it is also hard to screw it up too badly and I always enjoy some BBQ.

Always have to check out the trains! :thumbsup2

That stinks. I'm sorry that she missed the cut off, but I'm glad you guys had time for solo rides right before the park closed!
I can't decide if the fact that soarin is going to be closed in March is a major bummer (because she's now tall enough.) or a relief because it makes not having 2 park days easier.

Tomorrowland Speedway

OK, so I was totally off of where you were going...

That is too funny that she liked the Beverly!

I just ate breakfast, but I now WANT all that food...and is the American dream thing alcoholic? May try it either way, just may like it better loaded!

Gorgeous pictures of the floating flowers and SE...and of SE close ups.

And of course, it is so much fun to see the sheer delight in little miss' face in all her pictures!

I can't remember what day of the week we are on...ok tomorrow is Thursday, so I am guessing...

Back to MK, arrive at 7:30 well before rope drop, and the first thing you do is Peter Pan (or the people mover), cause you will meet Stitch this morning!

OK, so I was totally off of where you were going...
It happens.

That is too funny that she liked the Beverly!
My kid I tell ya! :rolleyes2

I just ate breakfast, but I now WANT all that food...and is the American dream thing alcoholic? May try it either way, just may like it better loaded!
Not to my knowledge. We got a non alcoholic one though.

Gorgeous pictures of the floating flowers and SE...and of SE close ups.
:thumbsup2 I'm pretty impressed I got such a great shot from a phone!

And of course, it is so much fun to see the sheer delight in little miss' face in all her pictures!
She's just such a happy child

can't remember what day of the week we are on...ok tomorrow is Thursday, so I am guessing...
:rotfl: happens to the best of us!

Back to MK, arrive at 7:30 well before rope drop, and the first thing you do is Peter Pan (or the people mover), cause you will meet Stitch this morning!

That's sounds like a really awesome night. Glad you got to try all those yummy treats. Sorry about little miss not being able to ride but it looks like she had fun anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter