“Glitch” bookings?

SleeplessInTO

DIS Veteran
I jumped on 3 nights in December today for a location that is usually hard to get availability at during December.

Now I’m wondering if this is a glitch and I shouldn’t have given up my old booking. Website showed availability for those 3 nights still after I booked.

Anyone have recent experiences of making a reservation & being told by Disney that it was a glitch? Do they call you in a timely manner? I don’t want to show up on Christmas Eve with my 6 year old and be told we are homeless.

I'm guessing you grabbed CCV? I think somebody likely cancelled 2 reservations in 2 bedroom lockoffs. I saw the same -- about 10 days opened up starting on December 17 in both studio types, two 1 bedrooms, and two 2 bedrooms. I would not sweat it and enjoy!

I'm guessing you grabbed CCV? I think somebody likely cancelled 2 reservations in 2 bedroom lockoffs. I saw the same -- about 10 days opened up starting on December 17 in both studio types, two 1 bedrooms, and two 2 bedrooms. I would not sweat it and enjoy!
Yeah that’s exactly it! Made me nervous because it’s CCV studio over Christmas. Not quite VGC level but worried it was too good to be true. The 3 nights I dropped disappeared immediately.

We grabbed CCV cabin for 5 nights in December. We have been watching it for months and then this week the entire month of December showed up for the cabins. We cancelled nights at BLT for it. Even after I booked, it shows available. Hoping it’s not a glitch.

Even if it is a glitch, Disney will find a room for you, they'll just e-mail you about it beforehand. There was a well documented VGC glitch earlier this year and many people who managed to score those reservations posted the lovely e-mails they received giving them options to move to the hotel portion of the resort or have their points returned to their account without penalty.

Even if it is a glitch, Disney will find a room for you, they'll just e-mail you about it beforehand. There was a well documented VGC glitch earlier this year and many people who managed to score those reservations posted the lovely e-mails they received giving them options to move to the hotel portion of the resort or have their points returned to their account without penalty.
Actually, they did that the first time there was a VGC glitch. Another time (not sure it was the last time or not) they told people they were out of luck and did not accommodate them with alternate options. They just cancelled the reservations.

But, I do not think the CCV was a glitch since it was a targeted set of weeks where they rooms opened up. It wasn't like the VGC one where everyday had availability.

Actually, they did that the first time there was a VGC glitch. Another time (not sure it was the last time or not) they told people they were out of luck and did not accommodate them with alternate options. They just cancelled the reservations.

But, I do not think the CCV was a glitch since it was a targeted set of weeks where they rooms opened up. It wasn't like the VGC one where everyday had availability.
Oh man I hadn't heard that the second one didn't get accommodated. That really is terrible to do on Disney Resort's part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter