“Good things come slow – especially in distance running.”

Hope you are able to get some answers or ideas to relieve the pain tomorrow!
Ended up getting a shot to help with the pain. Dr said the type of PT I was doing was not ideal to be focusing so much weight on the injured knee. For now I just have to wait and hope it's just a minor set back and no many weeks/months to being back on schedule.

Ended up getting a shot to help with the pain. Dr said the type of PT I was doing was not ideal to be focusing so much weight on the injured knee. For now I just have to wait and hope it's just a minor set back and no many weeks/months to being back on schedule.

Ouch...in multiple ways. Sucks that the PT was off-course. Hope you can have a good dialogue with your PT about what (or can find another PT)

Ouch...in multiple ways. Sucks that the PT was off-course. Hope you can have a good dialogue with your PT about what (or can find another PT)
Gotta agree with @jmasgat. Your PT should be helping you not hindering you! Set backs are both physically and mentally difficult, but believe you will get there and with time you will!

Gotta agree with @jmasgat. Your PT should be helping you not hindering you! Set backs are both physically and mentally difficult, but believe you will get there and with time you will!

Dr said that was enough PT. I will continue with most of the things they had me doing minus the squats on one leg. I probably should have gone to a different PT group, but this place is free with our insurance and in a effort to save some $ I went with that route. If I ever have to do something similar again, Ill gladly pay the copay else where.

Week 8 update: I'm borderline depressed about the progress I am making. I am not closer to running today than I was in the last 3 months. Ill give it another week before I start seeking out a second opinions. I at least need this to feel better enough to handle the parks in July. Theres no way I can do 6 park days with how me knee feels today. 65 days to go is a long time, so I am hopeful I will get improvement before then.

I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now. Recovering from surgery is such a hard journey, and the physical healing is only one part. I hope things start looking up soon.

I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now. Recovering from surgery is such a hard journey, and the physical healing is only one part. I hope things start looking up soon.
Things are starting to improve a little. At least another week more than likely to running but the pain is less currently. On a much more positive note, today is 60 days till our next Disney trip and I was able to get all of the dining reservations we wanted with very little trouble! I'm taking that as a positive because the last two trips ADR's have been a nightmare! I hope this means lighter crowds than expected.

Its been a hot minute since posting. Yesterday I did c25k day one. What I have learned is that I am unable to take a full stride and it was more of a shuffle. At this point I am not sure if its worse to continue or use these easy runs as another method to build strength in the leg... I fully expected me knee to hurt badly this morning, but it has not been to bad. Next run would be tomorrow afternoon. I am not sure if I should repeat yesterday or move forward. I guess we will see how the knee is feeling tomorrow and go from there.

Hey folks its been a interesting last few weeks. My knee issue has not improved enough to run and hasnt really gotten worse or better. Been seeing the doctor monthly trying new things, but so far not much has changed anything. I think the reason for the lack of progress is something else is torn, but who knows. In addition to that we have some family medical concerns that we are waiting on results for. Hope to not be such a stranger and get back to regular posting soon.

After a week at WDW and no knee pain with all the walking I decided to try c25k day one this morning. While it wasnt completely pain free, it was not to bad. So I will try another run later this week and see how it goes. Hopefully this is the real start with no additional set backs.

Little update: I started running again this week and have 3 run/walks under the belt this week. On todays run I ran a mile, walked a 1/4 and then ran another mile as the main part of the workout. It felt nice to at least run a whole mile without stopping or walking. Knee is at about 95%. NO pain while running, only a minor amount after sitting for a extended period. Guess we will see how things continue to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter