• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised. It's an AWESOME event!!!

How much did you pay and when did you go? If they offered it in late October I would certainly consider it but not this year. I won't be using any park tickets only MNSSHP party ticket. As a matter of fact, this is the first time in forever I'll be attending only one party and staying for a few days.

How much did you pay and when did you go? If they offered it in late October I would certainly consider it but not this year. I won't be using any park tickets only MNSSHP party ticket. As a matter of fact, this is the first time in forever I'll be attending only one party and staying for a few days.
I think we paid $120ish per person and we went on March 1 of this year. We literally did the entire park, ate lots of snacks, got great pictures, and met characters. The only lines we waited in were for Peter Pan and 7DMT and they weren't very long waits, maybe like 10 min each. I would absolutely pay for one if it is offered in late October. I would take off one of our park tickets and replace it with that instead. We currently have 4 day PH so I would just change it to 3 day PH.

I think we paid $120ish per person and we went on March 1 of this year. We literally did the entire park, ate lots of snacks, got great pictures, and met characters. The only lines we waited in were for Peter Pan and 7DMT and they weren't very long waits, maybe like 10 min each. I would absolutely pay for one if it is offered in late October. I would take off one of our park tickets and replace it with that instead. We currently have 4 day PH so I would just change it to 3 day PH.

So you went in March, what was the weather like then?

So you went in March, what was the weather like then?
It was very nice! Didn't rain the whole week that we were there. We thought it was hot because we were coming from snow, but it was around 80-85. There were reports that the March 8th DAH was freezing, though.

We will be surprising the kids by staying an extra night to do our first MNSSHP on 08/24. After learning more about SotMK I'm thinking this might be great for us to do during the party! My kids (DS9 & DD8) really don't have any interest in meeting characters so the main priorities on my list were the parade, shows, and rides. We'll have already spent 2 days at MK in the week before the party so I'm hoping to get a few extra goes on some of our favorite rides hopefully using a FP during the 4-6 timeslots and then really just kind of not have much of a plan the rest of the evening except the parade & shows. Now, the rest of our trip has been pretty much micro-planned to the last detail for months and that's more my style. I think that after I build our loose arrival, FP, show itinerary, I'll let SotMK guide the evening while just enjoying being there! Depending on where it takes us, hop on a ride or stop at a ToT station. Does this sound reasonable??

Awwww..i want to see them. Where is the Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail overlook?

Got me! I hope someone else will chime in with their knowledge. :confused:

Gorilla Falls used to be Pangani Forest, and I think the physical trail is still the same. The Savannah Overlook is the furthest point from the entrance, sort of the middle of the trail. The entrance is right next to the exit for Kilimanjaro Safari. I can't find a really good map of just the trail, or I'd post it for you. :confused3

We will be surprising the kids by staying an extra night to do our first MNSSHP on 08/24. After learning more about SotMK I'm thinking this might be great for us to do during the party! My kids (DS9 & DD8) really don't have any interest in meeting characters so the main priorities on my list were the parade, shows, and rides. We'll have already spent 2 days at MK in the week before the party so I'm hoping to get a few extra goes on some of our favorite rides hopefully using a FP during the 4-6 timeslots and then really just kind of not have much of a plan the rest of the evening except the parade & shows. Now, the rest of our trip has been pretty much micro-planned to the last detail for months and that's more my style. I think that after I build our loose arrival, FP, show itinerary, I'll let SotMK guide the evening while just enjoying being there! Depending on where it takes us, hop on a ride or stop at a ToT station. Does this sound reasonable??

Absolutely! It's so nice to just relax and enjoy the evening, this sounds wonderful. Trick or treat starts at 7pm and those lines will be long, best time to go is when you see an opening while playing and later in the evening. Just keep your eye on the trend of the crowds, if you see them holding spots for parade you might have to do the same. The more popular rides will have waits early on too. Playing SotMK at 7pm is a perfect way to avoid long lines and get on rides less frequented.

Gorilla Falls used to be Pangani Forest, and I think the physical trail is still the same. The Savannah Overlook is the furthest point from the entrance, sort of the middle of the trail. The entrance is right next to the exit for Kilimanjaro Safari. I can't find a really good map of just the trail, or I'd post it for you. :confused3

Thanks for helping out a fellow DISer!

Heads Up!

Free Comic Book Day Saturday, May 5, 2018

upload_2018-5-4_15-29-23.png

We take our son with us every year to our favorite comic book store and pick up free comics. It's a ton of fun and all stores add their own twist including costume contests, food & beverages, games and character appearances. There are comics available for adults and kids! For more information check out the link below and find out where your shops are located. One very important tip, arrive before the doors open to secure your top picks!

https://freecomicbookday.com/

Use the link provided to find what's happening in your area, go to "Find a Shop" and add your zip code!

upload_2018-5-4_15-35-27.png

Have fun!

Thanks to @Brocktoon for the reminder as seen on the News & Rumors thread on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/news-round-up-2018.3654979/page-362#post-59176447"]Post #7240[/URL] :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Lately I've been collecting items to fill our son's "Summer Survival Kit". I've been making these kits for the past nine years and he looks forward to opening them on his first day of summer vacation. I start filling up a cardboard box and keep track of how much is spent. Extreme couponing is my best friend and so are rebate checks under $20. Anything above $20 automatically goes into the Vacation Fund.

Freebies like the post above are huge just like signing up for the free Lego builds and programs offered by our community. I scour the internet for all things free, mark them on my calendar and make a coupon book based on these offerings including beach day, museum day, roller skating, ice skating, movie tickets and more.

This years theme is Disney which should be easy enough but I haven't been out shopping, so far I've purchased:

upload_2018-5-4_18-28-0.png

::MinnieMo Minnie Mouse is mine ;) I still need beach towel, swim shorts, rash guard shirt, flip flops and sunglasses :thumbsup2 @HollyMD . And will include Disney gift cards, books: The Return: Disney at Last & Artemis Fowl #1 :thumbsup2 @jbeyes , video game ? , board game ? and treats ? - ! If you can think of anything else or spot something I can add in the box please post a note! Our son will be turning 15 years old this summer. TIA!

Last edited:
Has he read any of the Artemis Fowl books? My kids haven’t yet, I think they are just getting to the age- but Disney is releasing a movie based on this series next year. Maybe add one of those?

Has he read any of the Artemis Fowl books? My kids haven’t yet, I think they are just getting to the age- but Disney is releasing a movie based on this series next year. Maybe add one of those?

I had to look this up because I didn't know about these! They sound wonderful! DS loves the Kingdom Keepers series too so this will fit right in! Thanks & added ::yes::

Last edited:
Happy Children's Day
May 5, 2018

upload_2018-5-5_16-5-58.png

upload_2018-5-5_16-6-43.png
On this national holiday, children are respected and honored for their individual strengths and happiness is wished upon them. "Koinobori", carp windsocks, carp streamers or carp banners, decorate the landscape of Japan from April through early May, in honor of Children's Day (originally Boys' festival) on May 5.

In Japanese culture, the carp symbolizes courage and strength because of its ability to swim up a waterfall. The Boys' Festival was an event, expressing hope that each boy in the family will grow up healthy and strong like wild carps. During this festival, people set up a warrior doll or a yoroi armor set in the house, and Koinobori, huge carp-shaped windsocks, outside the house.

あなたが見つからないし、それにあなたのお母さんを感じて
Anata ga mitsukaranaishi, soreni anata no okāsan o kanjite
Missing you and feeling it Mom. :littleangel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter