“Over the air” photopass transfers

mpb2000

Mouseketeer
Some ride photos are transferred “over the air” as opposed to tapping your magic band/card at the end of the ride, such as haunted mansion and frozen ever after. Pre-Magicband+ bands had a non-rechargeable battery inside that enabled this transfer, but it died eventually, after a few years in my experience and from what I’ve heard from others. I didn’t know this was why I was missing those photos for a long time. With MagicBand+, when the rechargeable battery dies, will you lose that functionality? I assume so, as there would have to be a separate battery inside tied to the photo transfer. I know the “tap” photo transfers will still take place even with a dead battery, but Disney hasn’t said anything about the other transfer type. Early reports are the bounty hunter game will drain a fully charged battery in a few hours. I hate the idea of having to watch the battery on my MagicBand just to be sure I don’t lose out on some photopass photos. Is there any way to get those over the air photos other than via a MagicBand? The cards can’t do it since they aren’t powered. Will they sync via your phone if you have MagicMobile set up? I guess you could buy a regular MagicBand and keep it in a bag until it’s battery dies, but that’s annoying.

Will they sync via your phone if you have MagicMobile set up?
If you have Bluetooth turned on on your phone, and if MDE has Bluetooth permission, it should pick it up. (I don't think you specifically need to have MagicMobile set up for it to work, but it couldn't hurt.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter