“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 1/1, It’s a wrap!!

SDD was still down at 7:50, we would have wasted 1 hour in line. I was feeling better about our decision at this time.

Stinks that you missed it, but yay for making the right call. I feel like I always pick wrong: if I give up on a line because it isn't moving, everyone behind me should get really excited because that'll be the exact moment things finally pick back up!

Hi Caroline! I love the Toy Story Land pics. You and Andi look so cute. We will be at Disney in 6 days and I am practically jumping out of my boots...:flower:

Glad Andi is doing well at school!

The Greatest Showman is awesome, such a great soundtrack!

Oh no :( I'm sorry the morning didn't go as planned. It really stinks when that happens.At least it was a relief to see that you made the right call getting out of line.

Love the pics in front of the popsicle wall. It's on my list to do in January!

Great pics with the characters too!

That's such a bummer that SDD was down that morning and they didn't tell you until after entering the line.
Love your pics with the popsicle wall. We didn't get any of these, because every time we left TSM, DH was racing through the exit to get in line again :rotfl2:

Ugh how sad that SDD was down when you were so close to being on the first ride! But good call hopping out of line, definitely not worth waiting that long when you got so much else done in TSL!

I finally watched The Greatest Showman

We saw it in the theater and the soundtrack was pretty much the only thing I listened to for a month!!!

I guess we were the 4 crazy people getting up at the crack of dawn, while on vacation.:rotfl:

I'd have been right there with you!

img_sep302018at31358pm-jpg.355052

He has some scary demon eyes, LOL

Andi's shirt!! :sad::sad: RIP GMR!

Ugh, I hate that you guys had to miss out on Slinky Dog for the time being. How frustrating after going early to ride it first thing! But I'm glad you guys got to do TSMM and the meet and greets. I love the popsicle stick wall SO MUCH! The details here are killer and I can't wait to see them in person!

So glad to hear she got home for the weekend. I can only fathom how amazing it was to see her. Glad to hear she is doing so well.
It was so nice to visit and I was glad she is so happy so far, always a fear they will hate it!

Thanks for the tip. We're heading out of town on Thursday and I was looking for a good movie to download.
Oh my! I highly recommend it is so good!!
Yikes that is early! I don't even get out of bed for work until 6:30 :-)
I am an early riser, except this was really early for a vacation!

Oh no!!!! I can't believe they didn't tell you until then and after you'd gotten up so early. But it looks like Andi's hatred of waiting helped you out. She and Casey are most definitely cut from the same cloth.
I was conflicted about leaving the line but I am glad we did. The ride didn’t start working until 8:30am!

I loved all the details too, though I totally missed Jesse and Rex talking to you. I agree it is small though. And I'm not even talking about the rides. With so much land why disney made this so compact I do not know
I liked it, very small! I am glad it is pretty interactive since it is so small otherwise it wouldn’t be all that great! Listen for Rex and Jesse next time. Rex is his nervous self, lol!

Oh yay! I love this movie! I'm a big fan of Hugh Jackman, and he really doesn't disappoint in this. I listen to the soundtrack at the gym a lot.
I don’t know what took me so long to finally watch this, loved it! Planning on watching it again this weekend!

I'm with Andi on this one. I have a short attention span for rides. It's rare that I'll wait more than 30-45 minutes, and even then it had better be something I'm super jazzed about.
I am pretty much the same way except I am willing to wait a little longer than her, she won’t believe TP times when I show her the actual time is much less than the sign, haha!

I hope that you got on the ride eventually!
It wasn’t this day! I try this same scenario in a couple days, by myself, no way Andi was getting up that early again!

Stinks that you missed it, but yay for making the right call. I feel like I always pick wrong: if I give up on a line because it isn't moving, everyone behind me should get really excited because that'll be the exact moment things finally pick back up!
Yes, we did everything according to the great info on here, just wasn’t in the cards this morning! I was glad we got on TSM several times since we didn’t have FP+ for it this trip. The ride didn’t get up and running until 8:30am so we made the right decision!

Hi Caroline! I love the Toy Story Land pics. You and Andi look so cute. We will be at Disney in 6 days and I am practically jumping out of my boots...:flower:
Hi, yay for a trip coming up so soon!! Lucky lady! October is such a fun month to be there.
Thank you, we got so many great pictures this day, I have so many to share not sure how I will get them all in, lol!

Glad Andi is doing well at school!

The Greatest Showman is awesome, such a great soundtrack!

Oh no :( I'm sorry the morning didn't go as planned. It really stinks when that happens.At least it was a relief to see that you made the right call getting out of line.

Love the pics in front of the popsicle wall. It's on my list to do in January!

Great pics with the characters too!
Thank you Alexis! I loved the Greatest Showman! The soundtrack is addicting!
Yes, some days don’t go as planned! We did have a fun morning in DHS, we got a lot of pp pictures and character meets! Andi knew all about the popsicle wall, haha! I had no idea. The TSL is so colorful and cute, you will love it!

That's such a bummer that SDD was down that morning and they didn't tell you until after entering the line.
Love your pics with the popsicle wall. We didn't get any of these, because every time we left TSM, DH was racing through the exit to get in line again :rotfl2:
I know, we were so pumped. Slinky dog kept teasing us as he went round and round empty!!
I didn’t even realize it was a thing, such a colorful cute area with the popsicle wall! I love TSM such a fun ride!!

Ugh how sad that SDD was down when you were so close to being on the first ride! But good call hopping out of line, definitely not worth waiting that long when you got so much else done in TSL!
Yes, it was a bummer, so close yet so far! We had fun exploring the area with very few people around, and the ride didn’t get up and running until 8:30, that would have been 2 hours waiting, no thanks!

We saw it in the theater and the soundtrack was pretty much the only thing I listened to for a month!!!
I can see that, the soundtrack is so good!

He has some scary demon eyes, LOL
I know, must be my handy dandy IPhone!

I agree, loved this ride so much, Andi had the whole ride memorized! Stay tuned for some RIP pictures at TGMR area!

Ugh, I hate that you guys had to miss out on Slinky Dog for the time being. How frustrating after going early to ride it first thing! But I'm glad you guys got to do TSMM and the meet and greets. I love the popsicle stick wall SO MUCH! The details here are killer and I can't wait to see them in person!
It was a bummer especially for us uber planners! I had this morning planned step by step, haha!
Popsicle wall is a fun area. TSL is very cute, many little details. I read a review from a hater, stating they couldn’t believe, Disney stooped to a level of an ordinary amusement park, What?? I have never been somewhere with all the awesome details, talking giant characters, large blades of grass, interactive army men etc.... you do feel like a toy in a kid’s backyard!!

On with the show! Speaking of shows, I finally watched The Greatest Showman! OMG I loved it so much! I am obsessed now and will have to watch it many times just like Moulin Rouge! Hugh Jackman is so good in this. Isn’t he awesome:worship: Okay, on with my TR show!
Did you see Voices of Liberty just added one song from The Greatest Showman to their lineup!

We decided to meet Buzz next and get a picture with Woody at the front of the TSL. SDD was still down at 7:50, we would have wasted 1 hour in line. I was feeling better about our decision at this time.
It's always such a gamble! But yeah, if you consider you can go on so much other stuff, then maybe even if there is a line for the ride when you can ride it, you will have already saved time!

Did you see Voices of Liberty just added one song from The Greatest Showman to their lineup!
I didn’t know that! Wonderful, a must do for me on my next trip!

It's always such a gamble! But yeah, if you consider you can go on so much other stuff, then maybe even if there is a line for the ride when you can ride it, you will have already saved time!
The ride didn’t get up and running until 8:30 and there is no way in bleep bleep Andi would have stayed in the line that long! Haha!

The lady in front of us freaked when the maggots and cockroaches left before us!:rotfl2:
I love seeing people's reactions to this! Especially the ones who don't expect it :laughing:

She is doing great at college and really loves it so far.
Yay! I'm so happy to hear this! :thumbsup2

I finally watched The Greatest Showman! OMG I loved it so much!
Isn't it the best?! I'm obsessed with that movie - and the soundtrack! ::yes::

I love seeing people's reactions to this! Especially the ones who don't expect it :laughing:

Yay! I'm so happy to hear this! :thumbsup2

Isn't it the best?! I'm obsessed with that movie - and the soundtrack! ::yes::
I, secretly, love all the scaredy-cat reactions at Bugs Life! Haha!
Andi is adjusting well to college life, yay!
I’m with you, obsessed with The Greatest Showman! I just watch the Voices of Liberty on FB singing the soundtrack, OMG!! So good!

Sneak peek into my upcoming WDW plans!! First of all I heard some very sad news today:sad: I have been using a TA from a certain agency, not to be named on here and he was AWESOME!! He was so easy to work with and a super nice guy! I had talked to him early in September for a quote and he told me he would let me know when the agency exclusive prices came out in late September. I waited patiently and never heard back from him. I emailed and was directed to a different TA, to later find out my TA died unexpectedly 2weeks ago! Yikes I feel so bad! The lady now assigned to me is not nearly as helpful and does not get back to me quick like J did. Okay this is sad so onto happy things!

First off, end of March is really expensive even with this TA special. I did go online myself and was able to find a 35% discount with the current Disney Visa promotion for GF theme park view room. It is actually less than the quote for BC from the TA. We really wanted to stay at an Epcot area resort so I am torn. My sister will need to buy a park ticket and I want to get this done before the prices go all crazy in mid October! What should this frequent Disney traveler do?? There is not anything available with the Visa discount for any of the Epcot resorts for our dates. I did book the GF for now. Now to throw another wrench into the scenario, Andi tells me she has the whole month of January off, wait what girl!! I am now looking at dates the end of January except I don’t have approved vacation yet for this time and not sure I will get it! Ugh! I am torn, January would be much less expensive, less crowded, and airfare is much less, so probably a better choice except I have to wait and see if my vacation will be approved! So this is my dilemma folks, what do you all think?
I did make some ADR’s for March and did get the new Snow White dining at AP for us to try! Also January has 2 DAH events during the dates I am looking at so that is another plus!!

Okay now it is time to continue our day in DHS..................
We were heading out of TSL and on our way to check out ToT and RnRc. On our way, we decided to pay our respect to GMR. RIP to one of the most iconic and best attractions ever!! We checked out the poster for the new attraction and we both are very ambivalent about this!!
IMG_Oct52018at80746AM.jpg IMG_Oct52018at80716AM.jpg

Next Up was ToT, this was basically a walk on, enjoyed our crazy elevator ride, I am pointing at all the SW construction in the picture, lol!
IMG_Oct52018at80542AM.jpg

Andi rode RnRc next with very little wait. After the ride, we had some pictures done with a really nice photographer, he did a magic shot, we have never had the opportunity to do yet yay! It is so cute!
IMG_Oct52018at80849AM.jpg IMG_Oct52018at80828AM.jpg

We had a few more pictures done by ToT, the photographer was Willie and he loved his job!! He had us act super scared, it was really fun. He was talking to us like we were actors in our first scary movie! Judging from the pictures, I won’t be getting any calls from Hollywood haha!
IMG_Oct52018at81102AM.jpg

It was time for a Vanilla cold press coffee from Starbucks and some ice water, we enjoyed this as we headed back to TSL for our AS2 FP+. I really enjoyed this ride, the music and little aliens talking add to the attraction so much! TSL was pretty crowded so we exited after the ride.
IMG_Oct52018at80936AM.jpg

It was time to meet some characters! We met Pluto first, he really liked Andi! He didn’t pay much attention to me:sad2:, next was Launch Bay. BB8 had a short wait so we stopped in to say Hi to our favorite droid. Chewbacca was next on our character parade. We waited about 15-20 minutes for him. It was fun to visit with him. I threw a few lines in from the Solo movie and I think he liked that.
IMG_Oct52018at81005AM.jpg IMG_Oct52018at81035AM.jpg IMG_Oct52018at81134AM.jpg

It was time to check back into that crazy hotel with the broken elevator! We did our FP+ for ToT and again enjoyed our “scary” elevator ride.

We did a little window shopping as we walked down Sunset Boulevard, there was a lot of TSL merchandise.

Cont in the next post...... I have so many pictures from this morning so I will post more pictures below and then do our MM review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter