“You’ve been selected to test a new level of member service”

CWTC

Mouseketeer
Hi all-

We are staying 8 nights in a poly bungalow in May and received an email inviting us to test a new level of service. Some things - like park reservations, MDE app usage, tickets, etc - are not something we need. However they gave us contact information to send our dining reservation requests and recreation requests: it sounds like what the concierge level hotel guests would get in the past.

I am anxious about relinquishing control over making the dining reservations but it would be so nice to not have to make them myself on day 60+10.

Has anyone used this? Feedback? Should I let them make our dining ressies for us? Also can they book Capa at the Four Seasons?

Thanks in advance!!

Sounds great, and yes, that’s what Concierge used to do back in the day. The advantage will be that it is very likely that when making your dining reservations, if there is anything that happens not to be available to the general public, they will quite possibly be able to work some magic and get you in anyway. I would send them your dining requests, while still making it easier for them by placing the harder to get requests later on in your trip, make sure they have received your list (they will probably acknowledge by email) and enjoy not having to get up at the crack of dawn 60 days prior to arrival.

I'll be staying there around that time, but it's probably a limited thing. I remember testing out the new FastPass+ system about a year before rollout (maybe 2015?) because of my DVC stay that year. It's fun being chosen.

This has been going on for at least 6 months. Somewhere on here there's a thread about it and how it went. I just couldn't find it when I searched.

This has been going on for at least 6 months. Somewhere on here there's a thread about it and how it went. I just couldn't find it when I searched.

I found the Thread a bit ago - no current updates but it sounds like I could do better with ADRs on my own. I’m hoping someone has more recent experience.

I'll be staying there around that time, but it's probably a limited thing. I remember testing out the new FastPass+ system about a year before rollout (maybe 2015?) because of my DVC stay that year. It's fun being chosen.
Fastpass + and magic bands were testing in August of 2013. I remember because we used to always go for my daughter's birthday in midAugust. We finished up a ten day stay at SSR and decided to spend three days at Pop to get in on testing. First and last time at Pop or any on-site value. It was pure hell.
But we enjoyed our magic bands. And the fact that we could pull paper FPs and still use fp+

Anyone suspicious that this “service” when rolled out to everyone will come with a fee?
Absolutely. I have been waiting to hear about this service. I can't say why, but I knew that it was coming. I guarantee there will be a fee for the "higher level of service."

Sounds like you already read this post from the thread you mentioned earlier to see if the pros/cons are something you'd want to deal with.

I think there's one more factor that may also be worth considering: how important managing the cascade of changes is if something isn't available one day but is another.

I feel like most trips something major isn't available on the specific day we want and then I change ~everything at 3am that day and it works out great. With having someone else do your booking, you lose that flexibility and you just end up with a hole your schedule.

If you do choose to use the new service, I'd be very interested if they improved the booking process with the credit card number.

As for Capa, it's worth asking but unlikely as it's not a Disney-bookable restaurant.

Here’s my update: this service is amazing. They were able to get our requested time for all our requests. For 1 request, they held 2 times (one after and one before) because our precise time wasn’t available (it was arrival night). He took my credit card info once and applied it to all the reservations and only read me the cancellation rules, etc once. I was on the phone for less than 20 minutes, including about 2 minutes of hold time.

For perspective:
Dinners at Narcoosses, Takuimi Tei, and Kona Cafe
Lunches at Brown Derby, Tiffins, 9 Dragons, and Roundup Rodeo.

For Capa we called the Four Seasons directly (not on open table) and we booked Morimoto via Open Table: we booked these last month.

They waitlisted us for the Soarin DVC tour.

All in all it was a great experience! I had forgotten today was our 60+10 until I was looking at my work calendar.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter