• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

We are staying 2 days pre-cruise in the Cabins in December Really looking forward to it. Any Suggestion for cabin location. There'll be 4 adults and 2 children.
Cabins 1-12 are located north of the main Lodge, or left of the main boat dock if you will, thus closer to MK. The issue with any of those might be additional noise since the boats that run back and forth to MK and CR pass right by those cabins. Cabins 13-26 are located to the south side of the main Lodge (Geyser Point side), and the farther out they go toward FW, generally the quieter it will be. Aside from that possible criteria, the only other one that may be of significance is walking distance to the main Lodge, GP, or the boat dock. In that case, Cabins 1 through 4/5 will involve a rather long walk. On the other side, Cabin 26 is the farthest out, and it's a 1/4 mile back to the boat dock from there (making the Lodge almost as long of a walk).

That being said, Cabins 8 through 12 on the north side and Cabins 13-17 on the south side will be the closest. Cabins 20 to 26 will likely be your quietest. They're gorgeous, so I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Edited to add: Almost exactly what GrandCalifornian said! Too funny!

Just left CCV for our next stay here at Boardwalk. We love Boardwalk...our favorite Resort.... but after staying at CCV... I dislike saying it so I won’t but ...but...but....CANNOT WAIT until we are back at CCV. We have both been bitten by the bug addonitis, we need more points now. Every day we walk into the lodge and have to pinch ourselves that this is where we can come every year.

Loved sitting at Geyser point during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Loved the food even at roaring forks. Loved the boat rides. The buses actually made us wait...for 2 minutes, how dare they....

The view from our room (4119) was beautiful overlooking the main pool, geyser and even bay lake.

I miss it already.....

Seriously, I don't know what it is with this resort. DH and I were so happy last year when we got a great price for our BCV add on. We have been wanting to add on BCV ever since we bought into AKV, we were happy and felt whole. Then we stayed at CCV, and now we are discussing adding on again... It is madness, but beautiful madness!

Seriously, I don't know what it is with this resort. DH and I were so happy last year when we got a great price for our BCV add on. We have been wanting to add on BCV ever since we bought into AKV, we were happy and felt whole. Then we stayed at CCV, and now we are discussing adding on again... It is madness, but beautiful madness!
"I don't know what it is with this resort." There is a certain beautifully serene nature at the Lodge which you just don't get anywhere else, and it's a quality that we who are in love with the Lodge have known since the first day we stepped on the property. A large part of the experience is due to the tranquil theming that allows you to relax once back at the resort. I tell people all the time that if you want a party atmosphere or some place close to the action, then WL is not the resort for you. However, if you want to be transported to a more tranquil space, no resort on property can beat it (save perhaps Fort Wilderness). It was Disney's going all in for this particular Northwest theme that has won the hearts of so many. As I've pointed out many times the past several years, Disney has blatantly chosen to blunt the theming (aka "modernize and streamline") with so much of what they now refurbish or build which makes the Lodge stand out even more as an almost anachronistic piece of marvelous imagination. Yes, it is a "beautiful madness." ;)

My husband and I are not CCV owners, but through stalking the RAT and waitlisting, we were able to stay in a studio with walk-in shower a couple weeks ago for four nights! We were placed on the 5th floor in room 5123, and it was pretty fantastic for us. Here are some views from our balcony:

84378380-64F6-4411-99DE-EB67042D9D9F.jpeg

A huge treat was the HEA fireworks view two nights in a row.

5A42EF98-75A2-4450-9AB4-1FFA1081A9A3.jpeg
I will say that we absolutely loved almost everything about the resort. It was peaceful and lovely, and we adored the decor in our studio. I was fairly positive that we'd want to add-on immediately, but the one thing that drove us bonkers was the boat horns in the morning. We attended the AK MM on the 17th, but sleeping in the next morning was impossible for me even though I was still on CA time. Perhaps we wouldn't have noticed if our kids were there and we were up and out early, but it was the only bummer of our visit. I'm not sure it's a deal-breaker though, as I was genuinely sad when we moved to BWV on Saturday before the half marathon. And I still would love to stay there again, so we'll see! Hearing the falls from our room was a delight!

E582C4D5-C1DB-4A94-90A3-C3F1EE2C1D39.jpeg

Foodwise we ate at Roaring Fork a couple times. We both thought the pulled pork sandwich was decent, and a chicken and walnut salad I grabbed was also fine. My new favorite WDW treat came from there though - the campfire cupcake - cute and delicious!

BE83C4F4-13A3-42BC-A4E0-563E5CD0D4A2.jpeg

I also tried the molasses cookie but wasn't a huge fan.... We had bison burgers at Geyser Point and thought they were just ok. Overall a truly amazing experience though, and I can understand why you all love it so dearly!:love:

My husband and I are not CCV owners, but through stalking the RAT and waitlisting, we were able to stay in a studio with walk-in shower a couple weeks ago for four nights! We were placed on the 5th floor in room 5123, and it was pretty fantastic for us. Here are some views from our balcony:

View attachment 320006

A huge treat was the HEA fireworks view two nights in a row.

View attachment 320007
I will say that we absolutely loved almost everything about the resort. It was peaceful and lovely, and we adored the decor in our studio. I was fairly positive that we'd want to add-on immediately, but the one thing that drove us bonkers was the boat horns in the morning. We attended the AK MM on the 17th, but sleeping in the next morning was impossible for me even though I was still on CA time. Perhaps we wouldn't have noticed if our kids were there and we were up and out early, but it was the only bummer of our visit. I'm not sure it's a deal-breaker though, as I was genuinely sad when we moved to BWV on Saturday before the half marathon. And I still would love to stay there again, so we'll see! Hearing the falls from our room was a delight!

Foodwise we ate at Roaring Fork a couple times. We both thought the pulled pork sandwich was decent, and a chicken and walnut salad I grabbed was also fine. My new favorite WDW treat came from there though - the campfire cupcake - cute and delicious!

I also tried the molasses cookie but wasn't a huge fan.... We had bison burgers at Geyser Point and thought they were just ok. Overall a truly amazing experience though, and I can understand why you all love it so dearly!:love:

Beautiful pictures!! So happy you had a great time!!!! WL is so lovely, and I’m happy you got to see it up close! Can I please use your pictures for page 1? Thank you!

And I am loving the madness.....we even went back to Wilderness lodge yesterday to stalk umm....errr... have lunch at geyser point and eat the yummy turkey sandwich with the brownie mousse cupcake. Also had to buy a mickey totem pole to take home more memories!!!

And I am loving the madness.....we even went back to Wilderness lodge yesterday to stalk umm....errr... have lunch at geyser point and eat the yummy turkey sandwich with the brownie mousse cupcake. Also had to buy a mickey totem pole to take home more memories!!!
Now, if only they'd bring back the salmon BLT. . .:rolleyes1

Beautiful pictures!! So happy you had a great time!!!! WL is so lovely, and I’m happy you got to see it up close! Can I please use your pictures for page 1? Thank you!

Yes, definitely feel free to use the pictures!:-)

Ariane37 gave me permission to post these balcony photos of room 5115, an alternate studio. A link to her current TR thread here.

From the main balcony:

5115_1.JPG

5115_2.JPG

From the small "bedroom" balcony:

5115_small balcony.JPG

5115_small balcony_2.JPG

Thank you again Ariane37!!

I'm having a hard time getting excited about this. I don't mind Disney trying out new ways to part money from us, but this just seems like a poor value for the dollar. I will look forward to others' opinions who actually try out the amenity.

I agree. Like I said on another board, let us participate in the hotel CL, just like AKL, and I’ll be in!! We’re all in the main hotel! Why not? I want to be right by the lounge and be able to access the food throughout the day. I want to get alcohol at 12:00 if I feel like it. I want turn down, my chocolates, etc. That’s CL to me, this is just a Club Level Imposter!!!!

I agree. Like I said on another board, let us participate in the hotel CL, just like AKL, and I’ll be in!! We’re all in the main hotel! Why not? I want to be right by the lounge and be able to access the food throughout the day. I want to get alcohol at 12:00 if I feel like it. I want turn down, my chocolates, etc. That’s CL to me, this is just a Club Level Imposter!!!!

It will be interesting to see if pricing stays the same over the next few months. I can't imagine many families of four or more paying extra for this. If the concept that Disney envisions does not perform well, what then will become of this space?

It will be interesting to see if pricing stays the same over the next few months. I can't imagine many families of four or more paying extra for this. If the concept that Disney envisions does not perform well, what then will become of this space?

I hear ya!! Especially when we all have kitchens/kitchenettes!!! I really don’t think they did this right.

My entire day has been one long exercise in frustration. @mrsap can you add March 24-28, 2019 for me? What better way to relieve stress than to plan another visit home? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter