• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I truly do not get it. I was told by the DVC sales guy that this was to give Club level services to those that lost them when they bought. This is much more expensive (for my family $200 per day!)and from what I see you get less. Breakfast is 7 - 10 and then other offerings 4 - 10 but nothing in the afternoon. And to pay $50 for anyone under 18 seems crazy.

I think 2018? Although we were given points for 2017 when we signed as an incentive. Still trying to figure out all this stuff - but so very excited!!!!

They have extended the hours for the concierge service to 10PM because they cancelled the evening free mingle. https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor.../4146-reunion-station-member-mingle-cancelled

Will be staying at CC for the first time for 4 nights July 18 - 22. Still have a waitlist for July 14th - 17th still sitting there - not hopeful that it will come thru and expect we'll be doing a split stay between AKV and CC. Looking forward to it a lot!!

Will be staying at CC for the first time for 4 nights July 18 - 22. Still have a waitlist for July 14th - 17th still sitting there - not hopeful that it will come thru and expect we'll be doing a split stay between AKV and CC. Looking forward to it a lot!!

Sounds great! I'll put your dates on Page 1! Hope your waitlist comes through! Enjoy CCV!!

....and updates for Folks staying at CCV or BRV in November.

1) Reservations for AP vanish after about Oct 25, 2018. There is rumor of a refurb... though to do one in the middle of the Holiday Season is insane.
2) GM Policy changes for Whispering Canyon have eliminated any "fun". No published Menu changes.... but it's looking like a Bob Evan's Clone, effective immediately.
3) Geyser Point remains confused as to it's position in life :).

We're just back from our first CCV stay, with 6 glorious nights in a cabin. We seriously LOVED the cabin, and agreed that it was the best part of our trip. I'll try to dig up some pictures, but right now I'm trying to catch up on about 3 weeks of stuff both at home and work, so it will be a while before I get everything together.

Our cabin was 8026, the furthest one out on the east side. We were super excited to get this remote location, and would love to have this cabin again! I'd chatted with member services to say we strongly prefer a cabin on the Boulder Ridge side, and that was it for our requests. We got the text about our room assignment at 9:30 am, which was wonderful, as we transferred over from GFV that day and loved having the cabin available right away. Yes, the walk was a bit long, but I truly never minded it, even when it rained. You can get about 2/3 of the way to 8026 under cover by going through BRV, on the 2nd floor or higher (1st floor won't work). We only used that route once, but it's good to know about during heavy rain. Please be extra quiet and courteous if you do go that way. One of the primary advantages of BRV is the wonderful peacefulness, and I'm quite sure the BRV members don't want cabin stayers interfering with that peace. But hopefully they won't mind a quick visit from residents of a handful of higher-numbered cabins during a storm. :flower3:

Much has been written about the cabins already, and I don't have much to add. I will note that you can't adjust the hot tub temperature, but you can call and have maintenance change it for you. When we did so, a frog jumped inside when we opened the door for the cast member. Gotta love (and respect!) the Florida wildlife. You can see some and hear some crickets, birds, and frogs from the porch... along with the fireworks and electric parade. It's wonderful! We also spotted some bunnies, a raccoon, and an armadillo. No deer on this trip (boo), but also no alligators (yay).

Gotta go unpack now, but wanted to drop by with this quick report.

Anyone going to be in Disney end of June, or first week up July?! I’m getting so excited for our 1st summer trip! 39 Days to go!!

We will be there the first week of July, but staying in an OKW GV, not at CCV this time.

We will be there the first week of July, but staying in an OKW GV, not at CCV this time.

Awesome!!! We actually won’t be at CCV till November! But am so excited for our first official DVC trip!!! I can’t believe how close it is! Did you make your FP’s?

Awesome!!! We actually won’t be at CCV till November! But am so excited for our first official DVC trip!!! I can’t believe how close it is! Did you make your FP’s?

Yes, we were able to get everything we wanted even with our large group. Have a great trip!

Yup... squeezed in a quick trip 6/30-7/4 to make the most of those Plat Plus Passes :) AKV, not CCV unfortunately. Big family trip in 11 days at BLT. Dusting off the magic bands!!!

We'll be there too!! Did you get FP for Toy Story Land? Are you going to brave it!?

Will avoid like the plague lol! The goal will be water park/pool/maybe parks for fireworks at night. I can do crowds OR I can do heat... cannot do both :)

LOL I hear you!! We actually got SD for July 1st, won’t go on the 30th, but I doubt the 1st will be any better!! If it looks bad, we’ll wait for our November trip! Still debating on water parks! Not sure if we are going to do them yet.

Hello! This is my first posting and I'm a new DVC member! My husband and I just purchased at CCV earlier this month. No concrete plans on when we'll be back to Florida but we'd like to go down again for the Moonlight Magic event at Magic Kingdom early next year.
Welcome! As you've seen, you chose a beautiful resort. You also found a nice place to talk about it with a bunch of helpful people. Congratulations and have fun planning for your next trip.

Hello! This is my first posting and I'm a new DVC member! My husband and I just purchased at CCV earlier this month. No concrete plans on when we'll be back to Florida but we'd like to go down again for the Moonlight Magic event at Magic Kingdom early next year.

Congratulations and "welcome home"! Just bought our points last week. All the contract paperwork showed up yesterday with a neat DVC carry bag and a print of Tinkerbell! We stayed at the VWL two years ago at Christmas and fell in love with the lodge, and the surroundings. When CCV came up for sale, it was inevitable that we would purchase there even though we won't be in Florida for another year, either.

:welcome: to the group and to the DIS! We have enjoyed the two Moonlight Magic events we have attended so far. Hoping we manage to luck out with our dates for another one next year, too if they have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter