•The Official POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS Owners and Fans info thread•

I've been on the wait list for months now and there is still a good chance I'll get that last night to a lake view but today I went onto the Disney website to see whether the room was available for cash and sure enough on Dec 3 there is lake view deluxe studio available to pay with cash. Now, if the lake view Deluxe studios only exist in the Moorea longhouse than how is it available for cash but not DVC members? could someone much smarter than me please answer this? I'm guessing all the rooms in the Moorea longhouse don't actually belong to DVC but I'm hoping that guess is wrong. Thanks in advance.

Disney owns points too. They acquire points from members that exchange their points for cruises, Adventures by Disney, etc. They can then book rooms at 11 months and sell those units for cash (to pay for the exchange).

They also own developer points, which they can sell too—especially in resorts that aren't sold out like Riviera, and they have some "breakage" inventory (unused points).

All the rooms in Moorea are not lake view either, only about half. Obviously, half the longhouse faces green space, not the lake.

At PVB, only 72 rooms are lake view. You still have a good chance to get the room. Many times wait lists don't fill until the last few weeks until a trip.

Disney owns points too. They acquire points from members that exchange their points for cruises, Adventures by Disney, etc. They can then book rooms at 11 months and sell those units for cash (to pay for the exchange).

They also own developer points, which they can sell too—especially in resorts that aren't sold out like Riviera, and they have some "breakage" inventory (unused points).

All the rooms in Moorea are not lake view either, only about half. Obviously, half the longhouse faces green space, not the lake.

At PVB, only 72 rooms are lake view. You still have a good chance to get the room. Many times wait lists don't fill until the last few weeks until a trip.
Thanks for that information. Based on that, Disney itself is preventing me from having only 1 room my whole vacation. Sounds like a great business model to enhance relationships with the DVC owners. 🤦‍♂️

...and just like that I was magically given that last night I needed in the lake view room. Is big brother (Disney) watching these threads? If you are, Thanks Disney

Congratulations! We are also now within 60 days of that check in so it’s possible that a cash room thst had not yet rented was pulled back to match a waitlist.

More likely, it was someone else who canceled the room days ago and it just got processed.

Regardless, good for you!

Congratulations! We are also now within 60 days of that check in so it’s possible that a cash room thst had not yet rented was pulled back to match a waitlist.

More likely, it was someone else who canceled the room days ago and it just got processed.

Regardless, good for you!

Does it really take days for them to manually process the match from the waitlist? Sigh.

I still love seeing waitlists come through though! Congrats @DOrlo !

Does it really take days for them to manually process the match from the waitlist? Sigh.

I still love seeing waitlists come through though! Congrats @DOrlo !

It definitely does. Once matched, the CMs then process and it’s not all CMs that do it.

I have had waitlists that were there and just waiting so the CM on the phone put me on hold to get it processed.

It is one improvement that I’d love to see made to the website. If a match is there, it goes from waitlisted to pending so you know!!

It definitely does. Once matched, the CMs then process and it’s not all CMs that do it.

I have had waitlists that were there and just waiting so the CM on the phone put me on hold to get it processed.

Thanks! I have had that happen before, but it’s been when I was stalking and noticed that the nights after my WL showed up so I’ve always assumed it *Just* matched. Now I want to call and check on my current waitlist.

Thanks! I have had that happen before, but it’s been when I was stalking and noticed that the nights after my WL showed up so I’ve always assumed it *Just* matched. Now I want to call and check on my current waitlist.
You can do that! Sometimes you’ll find it did.

It is one improvement that I’d love to see made to the website. If a match is there, it goes from waitlisted to pending so you know!!
They used to do something like that, and I don’t know why they stopped. Your waitlist would disappear from your dashboard, and shortly after the confirmed booking would show up. It’s so frustrating not knowing.

MR-oladinocom-svg270723t041-2772023171320-1.jpeg

Who's ready to see the Christmas tree and decorations in the lobby?

So taking our first visit to PVB this spring, we like to work out each morning in a fitness center before starting our day and just noticed there isn't one onsite, but we are allowed to use the one at VGF. But it looks like the walkway to VGF is currently closed with no opening date due to the new building construction. Is there any other way to get between the resorts? Can't imagine taking the monorail every morning, even if it starts early enough.

Sorry just noticed that there is supposedly a temporary path open. Just wanted confirmation.

Last edited:
Quick question for anyone who has stayed in a DVC studio at Poly recently. Are the coffee makers the brew basket type? (and if they are, what size coffee filters to buy? Or are they Keurig? Thanks. Cannot function without my morning coffee and don't want the hassle of standing in line for coffee each morning.

Quick question for anyone who has stayed in a DVC studio at Poly recently. Are the coffee makers the brew basket type? (and if they are, what size coffee filters to buy? Or are they Keurig? Thanks. Cannot function without my morning coffee and don't want the hassle of standing in line for coffee each morning.
Our last stay was in late-August and there were regular coffee makers (not Keurig) with basket type filters - 8-12 cup basket filters, to be exact.

They do provide you with Joffrey's coffee that are already in brew-bags and you can just use those if you're okay with the brand.

Last edited:
I have 2 reservations for the same view on rented points. What is the best way to go about linking the reservations so that we don't have to change rooms? I know that's not a guarantee, but would still like to make that request.

I have 2 reservations for the same view on rented points. What is the best way to go about linking the reservations so that we don't have to change rooms? I know that's not a guarantee, but would still like to make that request.
The person we rented from has done that for us in the past.

Can someone explain what resort view is?
Specific to the Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, there are two view categories, Standard View and Lake View. The Polynesian Village Resort (the non-DVC hotel side) has several categories, including Resort View, Water View, Lagoon View, and Theme Park View.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter