•The Official POLYNESIAN VILLAS & BUNGALOWS Owners and Fans info thread•

I'm looking at this line from the Disney Parks Blog:
Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows will feature a variety of room types that will sleep from two to nine guests, such as duo studios, spacious one- and two-bedroom villas and brand-new two-bedroom penthouse villas. Many rooms will feature spectacular views.
Do we think this means there are no 3BR Grand Villas? It sure looks like that's what's at the top of the tower, but maybe that could somehow be the 2BR penthouses. It might make sense to not offer grand villas if they would take away bookings from the bungalows.

I'm looking at this line from the Disney Parks Blog:

Do we think this means there are no 3BR Grand Villas? It sure looks like that's what's at the top of the tower, but maybe that could somehow be the 2BR penthouses. It might make sense to not offer grand villas if they would take away bookings from the bungalows.
My understanding of the release was no GV, but a new 2br "penthouse" suite. Probably everything with a GV minus the 3rd bedroom.

Hello all! We’re staying in a LV studio at the end of next month and I’m going to request a higher floor but I was wondering if there’s a big difference between second and third floor views? Is the third floor significantly better?

We stayed in room 2030 and we could see the fireworks pretty well (I included a picture). My parents had room 3026 and they had a view a bit more centered on MK and without the palm trees obstructing their view. At check-in, we were offered a third floor room after our first night, but with three young boys, we just decided to stay put. While I always will always request highest floor, the second floor appears adequate for most rooms. Touring Plans has room finders, with photos from every room in Moorea, so you could take a look at that to get an idea of how the two floors compare.

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpeg
    IMG_1830.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 9
We stayed in room 2030 and we could see the fireworks pretty well (I included a picture). My parents had room 3026 and they had a view a bit more centered on MK and without the palm trees obstructing their view. At check-in, we were offered a third floor room after our first night, but with three young boys, we just decided to stay put. While I always will always request highest floor, the second floor appears adequate for most rooms. Touring Plans has room finders, with photos from every room in Moorea, so you could take a look at that to get an idea of how the two floors compare.
This is really helpful thanks- I forgot about Touring Plans!

I agree with Jack. I've had rooms on all floors of Moorea lake view, and I don't find much difference between 2nd and 3rd floors regarding fireworks. We've been able to see the fireworks well from the 1st floor, too, though the view of the lake is more obstructed from floor 1.

I always request upper floor, but a nice advantage of floor 1 is you can sit on the patio without a big wooden railing at eye level. (I add 2 pillows to my chair while viewing fireworks on floors 2 or 3.)

I agree with Jack. I've had rooms on all floors of Moorea lake view, and I don't find much difference between 2nd and 3rd floors regarding fireworks. We've been able to see the fireworks well from the 1st floor, too, though the view of the lake is more obstructed from floor 1.

I always request upper floor, but a nice advantage of floor 1 is you can sit on the patio without a big wooden railing at eye level. (I add 2 pillows to my chair while viewing fireworks on floors 2 or 3.)
As a member of the shortie community club, these are the hot tips I appreciate 🙏🏻

I might be renting a studio room...I am wondering how comfy the Murphy bed for a 40 year old women? I would have my aunt get the actual bed and me take the Murphy.

I might be renting a studio room...I am wondering how comfy the Murphy bed for a 40 year old women? I would have my aunt get the actual bed and me take the Murphy.
There are two Murphy beds in the DVC Poly studio. One is a queen size and one is bunk size. The queen size is a regular mattress and is reportedly very comfortable, much better than the sofa bed it replaced. The bunk size mattress is comfortable enough, but not all adults fit because it’s smaller than a twin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter