09/18/11 - DVCers Take Over the Dream (S.S. Member Cruise 2011) - Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find it right now, but I looked at the Mini Navigator that Marsha graciously provided me, and in Word it's called "Walt Disney Script."

I know the online font described earlier was not called that, though.

Anyone watching 20/20?

Just had a guy on there who memorized pi to 20,000 places. To check, they had about 10 mathematicians "grade" him as he recited outloud. To give you an idea how many digits that is, it took over 5 hours of reciting one number after another, but he was perfect. He also learned Icelandic, well enough to be fluent, as a test in 7 days.

His condition was likened to the Rainman movie. He had to teach himself how to be social, and during the segment he seems perfectly normal (except for his mental abilities).

Amazing fella.

Some days I am not even fluent in English. No real second language for me, 4 years of French, I could get us by to cash a check and order food in Paris a few years back but that about it!
Nancy

Well Nancy, whether it took 5 days or 5 minutes, you had the "gumption" to get it done and I appreciate that. :goodvibes

As this cold weather continues to roll in (I can't believe it has only just begun) I find I spend more and more time daydreaming about my forthcoming first cruise with all of you. I really hope I am not one of the people who gets seasick easily...

I hope you are staying warm and you and Michael are doing well.

I wouldn't worry at all about getting sea sick, Andy. The vast majority of folks don't.

I get motion sick, but still never take or wear anything. Less than half the time on cruises, I get mildly sick one day. I just layed down and take a nap. After that I'm fine.

The worst I ever felt on a cruise ship was the night they announced during dinner it was going to be extra rough that night. The waitstaff said they had never heard any announcement like that, so it must have been pretty ugly. We were toward the bow and I'm sure I could hear and feel the bow coming completely out of the water then plunging in deep. I was incapacitated, but they wouldn't let anyone out on the decks anyway. We were, as usual, in an inside room. I wonder if anyone who had an outside room saw what it looked like?

Have you ever been on the ocean or one of the great lakes? Even an ocean inlet crossing ferry such as the Blue Nose to Nova Scotia. How about aircraft, especially small planes, in turbulence? I have felt motion sickness on occation on all of these. If you've been on a couple of these without problem, you should be fine. Heck I don't even ride the Viking Boat or the Swing ride at the county fair.

hello dvc deernut! Well i looked for ya at mvmcp christmas party but didn't see ya. Great time at disney but to darn cold. As you just said you have a nasty cold so do we. Got home wed. Night and still fighting this florida cold. I never remember having to buy gloves and hats and an extra jacket. Sure didn't need a swimsuit last week!lol got a kick at all the lifeguards bundled up in the snow suits.
As you may remember i introduced myself many pages ago. I will be on the dsiney dream with everyone.and i made it official. I am now a dvc member. I will try to check in more often since the disney trip is done and i am back. I have alot of questions about this special dvc cruise.

too bad we didnt cross paths, we actually didne make the first parade, we got stuck in haunted mansion. It took longer to get onto ride. Seemed like forever before those doors opened. So i directed my group to the circle directly infront of the castle to watch the fireworks. Made it to the second parade infront of pin station near country bear jamboree. Left park at midnight.

IMG_0116-1.jpg

I POSTED THIS ON THREAD NUMBER 4 ALSO. DUDLEY GOING FOR A RIDE AROUND THE CHRISTMAS DISPLAY AT THE YACHT AND BEACH CLUB.:rotfl2:

Yep, is was on this thread, not roughly a month (or less) ago, Debbie.

It was called something like Waltograph? and was supposed to be included with older versions of MS Word, but is now availble online somewhere.

Can't find it right now, but I looked at the Mini Navigator that Marsha graciously provided me, and in Word it's called "Walt Disney Script."

I know the online font described earlier was not called that, though.

Here it is Debbie

:worship::worship::worship: Thank you, John!!!

Anyone watching 20/20?

Just had a guy on there who memorized pi to 20,000 places. To check, they had about 10 mathematicians "grade" him as he recited outloud. To give you an idea how many digits that is, it took over 5 hours of reciting one number after another, but he was perfect. He also learned Icelandic, well enough to be fluent, as a test in 7 days.

His condition was likened to the Rainman movie. He had to teach himself how to be social, and during the segment he seems perfectly normal (except for his mental abilities).

Amazing fella.

That's INCREDIBLE!!!! And how awesome that he taught himself to be social. That must have been incredibly difficult for him to do.

On our way home from Woodfield mall after picking up the DVC ornament. It wasn't too busy this am. Had to pick up a couple of things at the Disney store. I was a little disappointed - thought that was an interactive store. I did get a tree topper that I wanted.

On a different note, no one ever respoded to the idea of a tour of various rooms on the SSMC. Maybe class by class?

Either everyone lost it in the mass of posts I had made, they didn't like the idea of adding a poker hand to the mix, or just didn't like the concept at all and were just being courteous. In case it was not the latter, I'm broaching the subject once again.

Is there any interest in seeing the various accomodation levels aboard the Dream?

I am totally onboard with this. I think it will be fun!!! Poker included.pirate:

Time to close down this thread and use your next one.

Happy sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter