1/15/2005

My countdown clock is starting to freak me out!! Part of what freaks me out is that I won't be able to chat with all of you for the whol week leading up to the cruise!! It's been great learning a bit about everyone. I was happy to learn I will have some fellow scrapbookers on this cruise!! I'm almost done packing and I am a little nervous that the airline may say our suitcase is too full!! Hopefully the worst that could happen is that we have to pay the $25 fine!! We are bracing for a winter storm here in CT. It is suppossed to start today and continue until tomorrow night. The bummer is that that means the kids probably won't have school tomorrow and they are so excited for the trip at this point that it is a blessing to send them off to school each day! The good news is the forecast is great for Saturday so our flight out won't be affected!! The ten day forcast in Orlando is 80 degrees and sunny every day we are there! If that holds out it will be our first Disney vacation without our coats!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! Throw up some pixie dust!!

Kelli
:groom: princess: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Kelli- I understand exactly what you are talking about! We leave tomorrow night nad won't be able to talk to any cruiser either! You are, howevr, one step ahead of me! You're packed! I'm not. So.... I'd better get moving and do so!
This will probably be my last post until I see everyone on Sunday. Have safe trips! Can hardly wait to meet everyone!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We got our documents last night!!!! It's so exciting !!! We just have to keep everyone healthy so we can have a fantastic vacation.

Kelli
Your countdown is geat. What a week to be in Orlando. January is so unpredictable.
Have a Safe trip and a great week.

Joyce

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to wish all those leaving early a wonderful trip with fantastic weather!
We're also bringing 2 way radios and are going on Capt Marvin's 11:30am Stingray City trip. Anyone else?
DVCKidsMom, we have boys ages 6 1/2 and 4 too.
Hope to see you at the meet-I joined in late, so we'll bring our own nametags!
Sydne

This is our first cruise so we are unfamiliar with the whole excursion thing...

I have scheduled a Stinray City excursion through Disney; however, looking at posts on this board it sounds like I should cancel the Disney reservation and book one through Captain Marvins (smaller groups!). I have looked at their web site and everything seems ok.

Is it better to schedule one on our own ? Their web site says they are a 6-10 minute walk from the dock, I assume people usually walk there ? What do you need to bring other than wearing a bathing suit ?

Thanks
David

I actually went with Sotos instead of Marvins, I have read they are about the same. When I originally booked Sotos was a bit cheaper, but since the hurricanes they have raised their prices a bit. I think we are paying $30 per person for the Stingray City excursion.

The Disney excursions are great, I have done then on our last cruise (an Eastern), but they are a bit spending. I think you can generally get the same excursions by booking on your own for about half the cost. Depends what you are comfortable with though..

David- I emailed them and made ressies- it was easy. they'll answer all your questions ahead of time if you have any.

Sydney- I have about 6 extra blank nametags that you are welcomed to use if you like.

Karebear,

Have a great trip!! We will see you on Sunday!!

Kelli

:cool1: LOOK AT MY COUNTDOWN!!!! :cool1:

Thanks Karebear, I'll use them-it'll be one less thing to remember to bring!
Also, do you have a link to the thread where you asked for recommendations for good books to read on the cruise? I remember seeing it a while back and forgot to bookmark it.
Thanks!
Sydne

Hello! I am one of 19 family members traveling on the Magic 1-15-05. Ten adults and 9 kids from 6m to 11 years. We are so excited, but nervous about US Air sticking around long enough to fly us down on Friday night. Keeping our fingers crossed and back up plans in place!

Are there going to be kids there? My two dd's are 6 and 8. I'd love to bring them so they can meet other kids, but I don't want to bring them if there won't be other kids there. lol!

TIA!

I'm getting really excited about the trip. No docs yet. Argh! lol!

:-)

Jackie

WeLoveDVC said:
Is it better to schedule one on our own ? Their web site says they are a 6-10 minute walk from the dock, I assume people usually walk there ? What do you need to bring other than wearing a bathing suit ?
Thanks
David

David, last year we booked Capt. Marvins on our own. After the first boat tendered ashore, the Capt. deemed it unsafe to allow any more tendering(rough seas) They moved the boat to the other side of the island and cancelled ALL Disney shore excursions. Capt. Marvins and many other companys moved shuttle buses to the new location and took anyone who wanted to go. The only down side to using a non-disney excursion company is that for any reason you are detained (boat breaks down at Sting ray city) and you can't get back by departure time, Disney will not wait for you. They will wait for a Disney sanctioned excursion...Mark

TravelingDi said:
Hello! I am one of 19 family members traveling on the Magic 1-15-05. Ten adults and 9 kids from 6m to 11 years. We are so excited, but nervous about US Air sticking around long enough to fly us down on Friday night. Keeping our fingers crossed and back up plans in place!
Welcome TravelingDi. We have 2 kids. A daughter 12(going on 18, in her mind) and a son 10. What are the ages in your group? Where on the ship are you staying and which dining do you have? We are in 6112,6113 and have main dining...Mark

Welcome Travelin' Di!!
We have 4 GD's 6, 7, 9, and 3 and a GS 3. They are all coming to the Dis meeting on Sunday. The 3 older girls are hoping to meet and make friends there. We are starting to lay things out to pack. We are going down to Disney Wednesday. We'll see you all a week from Sunday!!

Hi Travelin'

We are traveling with three boys ages 8, 6 & 4. What are your children's ages?? As far as bringing the kids to the Dis Meet, I think most people are going to at least for a little while. Ron & I have ressies for Palo brunch at 11:00 so we'll have to bring them to the clubs before then!! :cool1:

See you all soon....

Kelli

:cool1: WARM WEATHER, HERE WE COME!! :cool1:

Big Jack- Haven't seen your post on our other cruise thread. Waiting for this one to pass first?? Looking forward to meeting up with everyone in 9 days...Mark

Just found some coupons for Cape Canaveral on www.roomsaver.com
They have coupons for Radisson for 89.00 and Ron Jon's for 100.00. Coupon says walk-in only, but if you call and ask to adjust your rate to match the coupon, you might get lucky...mark

Hi WeloveDVC: We also have the Stingray Excursion booked with Disney (Stingray City Snorkel Tour). We are doing the 7:30 a.m. excursion (our kids are early risers). What time is yours? Like Mark said..... Disney will wait for you if anything happens. Having peace of mind is worth the extra bucks for me.

Welcome Traveling:… Disney has booked us flying US Air home with a stop over and changing planes in PA. What exactly did you mean when you said you are nervous about US Air sticking around long enough to fly you to Orlando?

Meshee- As you already know, USAir has been on the brink a couple times now. They are in trouble again. Now Delta, their biggest competitor has upped the ante. They have reduced their fares by as much as 50%. This will cause USAir to also lower their prices and could cause them to finally go under...Mark

Sydneli- Sorry! I didn't book mark it. Once I had the books I wanted That's all she worte. But I'm sure you can do a search on it and come up with it. It was a great thread wasn't it???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter