• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1 day - 2 parks ?

sbrownell

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the new RPR in October. Will be arriving late on Friday 5pm and leaving early Sunday for WDW land/sea package. We have been told that we could do rides at both parks given the express line priviledges at the hotel. What is the best ticket option that we would use. Do they have single day multipark passes? Can you buy a single park pass and go to the other park using a hand stamp?

We are members of AAA, but don't know what to use for this one day.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is a 1 day, 2 park pass for around $70. The 2 day, 2 park pass is around $90. If you are planning to visit in the future, I would get the 2 day, 2 park pass. Unused days on a multiday ticket (except for Orlando Flextickets) can be used on a future visit.

I believe that Universal does not sell one day "park-hopper" tickets, but sells 2 and 3 day tickets that are good for both parks. Similar to Disney, the unused days never expire. If you are planning on returning at some point, I suggest buying the 3-day ticket(s).

-Alan

Hate to burst your bubble thrillrider but you can purchase a single-day multi-park ticket for about $10 to $15 less than a 2 day multi park ticket

You had better plan on a commando style day to get it all done. Commando type days are usually short on fun and long on hustle:smooth:

my friend and i did it when we went to see Sum 41, it was a saturday, and we did every ride at IOA and most attractions in USF, and managed to squeeze in a 2 hr concert, needless to say... by 7:30 we were both exhausted. BTW we did not have the FOTL access from staying on universal. we didn't even use express. i was very impressed.

Life at USO/IOA is like anywhere else, much depends on your personal point of view and attitude (not to mention whether you are traveling with kids) and ambition.
While some folks consider "doing the whole park" as riding the Hulk, the 2 Dragons, and Spiderman, others can spend many days at the park, never ride a coaster and still find something new every time they go there. I have been there a dozen times and only on this trip discovered the play area for the kids tucked in behind the Caro-Seussel.
Same goes for Universal. There are many shows there I usually skip because of my son's disability, yet we have spent many full enjoyable days there.
If you were to literally chart out the times of every single show and ride in either park you would see that even if Scotty were to beam you into the front seat of every attraction with no walking, line waiting, stopping to look at, eat, drink, or buy anything you would be hard pressed to get it all in especially on a day the park closes at 6pm!
Best advice: get a site map at the gate, make a rough plan of what you want to see and do, but be flexible and take the time to relax and enjoy! You can indeed do what you consider "the best of" both parks in one day, but you really would be missing more than you know!
:jester:

Universal's Tickets have gotten weird...

Is the 1day 2 park only available at the gate?

From the website and AAA you can purchase a 7 day consecutive for less than the only 2 day 2 park, but the 2 day 2 park aren't for sale.

The 7 consecutive is just that.. after 7 days, it's over.

AAA just ended (but might have extened) a promotion for 2 park annual pass for a mere $99.

-Eppy

Originally posted by EpcotIOA
Universal's Tickets have gotten weird...

Is the 1day 2 park only available at the gate?

From the website and AAA you can purchase a 7 day consecutive for less than the only 2 day 2 park, but the 2 day 2 park aren't for sale.

The 7 consecutive is just that.. after 7 days, it's over.

AAA just ended (but might have extened) a promotion for 2 park annual pass for a mere $99.

-Eppy

I would not call it wierd, i look at it like a special non-menu item at a resturant.
they are not pushing it because it is not really a very good value for the money. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter