1 Day @ Disneyland / How is it Different from WDW?

IndyTwinsMommy

Earning My Ears
I grew up in Southern California and visited Disneyland many times as a child...but that was a long, long time ago! These days we go to WDW at least once a year but have an opportunity to spend ONE day at Disneyland - of course we HAVE to go...but what to do? How is it different? Any tips? Do I need a "plan"? Kiddos are 12yrs old.
Thanks!!

We had a similar situation last year. We are WDW regulars but only had 1 and 1/2 days for our first trip to disneyland. We concentrated on the rides that don't exist at WDW, primarily Cars Land. My son was 9 then and we spent a lot of our time in Cars Land. We also enjoyed rides like Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonerland, Finding Nemo Submarines and several others that WDW doesn't offer. Your kids are older so they may not care for the bugs land area but its worth at least walking through to check out. We ran out of time before riding Mr. Toads Wild ride but I we will definately make time for it next time. I bought the unofficial guide so I could plan in advance for those things we can't do at WDW. However I didn't realize at the time that my son would want to spend so much time in Cars Land so we didn't get to everything we wanted. But we loved our time there just the same and I'm sure you will too.

I, too, usually go to WDW. In fact, the last time I was at Disneyland was in 1973! However, I am planning a trip west soon, so I have researched it. I agree that focusing on what DL offers that WDW doesn't is the way to go.(And its a LOT) Start early and stay late!

On a side note, I think DL gets a short stick because of the "size" thing. What people don't realize is that attraction-wise it stacks up quite well against WDW, and is actually better in many respects. And because of its smaller footprint it is easier to actually do stuff instead of just walking (or riding a bus) all day. The more research I do, the more I think I've been going to the wrong coast!

Don't short change some of the things that are in both parks, because there are a lot of little differences in the details. Pirates, Splash Mountain, The Mansion, The Tiki Room, all feel like different rides to me in DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter