1 day or 2 days

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
We are coming to Disney in November and my grandson would like to include Universal and IOA. How many days do you think we need? one or 2 to not have to rush and do a lot of things? TIA

Not staying on site at universal. Will Uber or Lyft from our disney resort and no express pass either

100% agree with pp. No onsite and no EPs, you need 2 days.
Just an FYI- a lot of people make side trips to Universal and book a Universal hotel even though they already have other lodging. Obviously the smarter option is to do Universal at the beginning or end of your trip and reduce the length of your Disney stay vs paying for 2 hotels. But, a stay at Hard Rock, Portofino or Royal Pacific includes Express Passes for everyone in your room. Buying EPs can cost $200+ per person per day. 1 night in the hotel gives you EP for check in to check out day. So, a lot of times the math works out a lot better to stay in one of the hotels than buying EPs out of pocket. Plus, you get early entry and amazing proximity to the parks in case you wanted to take a break at the pool or simply to reduce your AM commute time.

We are coming to Disney in November and my grandson would like to include Universal and IOA. How many days do you think we need? one or 2 to not have to rush and do a lot of things? TIA

we have 4 day park to park tickets, have not done everything we want. We arrive early and leave during the day have lunch go back to room for a break then return in the evening till paro closing. It all depends on what rides are priority popular rides equal long waits

Planning a trip the first week of March. Will be my first trip to IOA (I went to USO in 2009) and first trip at Universal for my kids who are WDW veterans. Right now our plan is to stay at WDW Friday Feb 25-Thurs March 3rd and then to move to Royal Pacific Resort Thursday March 3-Saturday March 5th. I am debating between a 2 or 3 days park tickets. We are planning two full days on the Thursday and Friday and maybe a half day the Saturday before we have to leave for our 24h drive back home. The more I research, the more I think the extra half day day might be necessary with everything there is to do, even with Express Pass. We don't like to rush and I know my oldest will want to enjoy some rides more than once and use her wand as much as possible.

Planning a trip the first week of March. Will be my first trip to IOA (I went to USO in 2009) and first trip at Universal for my kids who are WDW veterans. Right now our plan is to stay at WDW Friday Feb 25-Thurs March 3rd and then to move to Royal Pacific Resort Thursday March 3-Saturday March 5th. I am debating between a 2 or 3 days park tickets. We are planning two full days on the Thursday and Friday and maybe a half day the Saturday before we have to leave for our 24h drive back home. The more I research, the more I think the extra half day day might be necessary with everything there is to do, even with Express Pass. We don't like to rush and I know my oldest will want to enjoy some rides more than once and use her wand as much as possible.

If you don't like to rush, do three days in the parks.

This is such a hard question. We've done just Disney, Just Universal, and WDW & Universal trips (from Wisconsin). The two parks in one trip save airfare, but felt a park had to get the short end, or no resting time. Ticket prices get cheaper by the day the longer you pick (or annual pass). I feel a day per park with express pass is cutting close to not worth the per day price and heartbreak of missing a bunch of stuff because you don't have more time to re-configure due to weather, fatigue, ride issues. That being said, people have different sized pocketbooks and expectations. Just let your grandson know if things are missed this trip, it could be a future trip (if true--40+ years later I haven't let my parents forget their WDW promises).

This is such a hard question. We've done just Disney, Just Universal, and WDW & Universal trips (from Wisconsin). The two parks in one trip save airfare, but felt a park had to get the short end, or no resting time. Ticket prices get cheaper by the day the longer you pick (or annual pass). I feel a day per park with express pass is cutting close to not worth the per day price and heartbreak of missing a bunch of stuff because you don't have more time to re-configure due to weather, fatigue, ride issues. That being said, people have different sized pocketbooks and expectations. Just let your grandson know if things are missed this trip, it could be a future trip (if true--40+ years later I haven't let my parents forget their WDW promises).
This. Every time we have been at Universal (5 trips in the last 4 years), we've discussed hopping over to Disney for a day since my wife really wants to go back. But at $150+ per ticket for one day, we end up passing on it. Now that our UO APs have expired, I have a feeling our next trip to Orlando will be a Disney trip. I'm pushing for at least 5 nights, so we can go to the all of the parks and have at one non-park day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter