1 Last time - 1 hour,1 bite,1 step,1 day,1 pound @ a time. THIS I can do!

Thanks for checking on me. I am fine, but still having issues with dealing with the DS25 stuff. All I can do is pray he will someday grow up!

Everytime I start to stress about him, I get my 'stress stomach' - the constant feeling of a gas bubble, sometimes hard to even get air to talk. But, I know what it is & just drink lots of perrier & take gasx.

DD20 is still having some of the pore bleeding issue, but I'm just ignoring. She had bloodwork done in Dec & otherwise fine. Unbelieveably, she dumped her fiance on VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!:scared1: Is that not like a BAD, bad movie plot? Even tho he was suspecting, it was BAD! Don't know if they will be able to/want to try to work it out, but better now than later. I think once she destresses about that things will improve.

DS22 is better than good.....loves being a youth pastor, his group is growing quickly, and......the band has a record contract!!!!!!! :banana::thumbsup2:cool1:

I am keeping up with my 5k every other day by bribing/punishing myself( & maybe others) - I will ONLY shower at the gym - unlimited HOT water! This week I am up to running 1.11 of the 3.2 and added 25 min on the elliptical after. And, I broke down & bought the Zumba set which should come today.

My DSis keeps telling me about all the great classes she takes at her gym(NONE where I can afford to go), and she has lost 16 lbs in 5 weeks eating what I eat & exercising less. Makes me happy for her but sad for me as she is 4" taller & so is 1/2 way to her goal already. I am losing at about 1/2 the rate she is , started out weighing 10+ lbs less, and still have more than double what she has to go. But, I am trudging along, wanting to BASH the scale!

On a VERY positive note, the issue DH had earlier in the year with his Admin did NOT affect his pay - he is getting a raise AND a bonus! So, I tentatively have us booked on a cruise with DSis & both her DD's & their families for the end of July. I say tentative because if DS25 doesn't get his head out of his @$$, there won't be any money for a cruise, but I am trying. May will be our 30th anniversary & I want to go! WAAAAHHHH!!

Off to take a friend to the thrift store to try to find her clothes for her divorce court date next Thurs. over 12K later, house in foreclosure, her DH not paying as he should, her inability to work due to severe arthritis & caring for her mom(90), food stamps getting cut to $100/mo for 3 people because her 2 sons make a total of $10 too much/month, it is NOT a happy time. In over a year her stupid lawyer, for 12K has not even attempted to contact the DH lawyer( in the same building) to settle. Just keeps dragging this out. Very sad. She won't take help, but I manage to get people to drop boxes of food off at her house every week or so & even her son's friends have pitched in $$ to keep their utilities on. If you think of it pray things go well next Thurs for her.

Gotta run & hopefully visit a few journals before I leave....if not, tonight, I PROMISE! Love you all!! :grouphug:

Whoa Julie, talk about having a full plate!! Glad you're keeping your head up through it all and as always, very nice to see you posting! :-)

Oh Julie,

I am so sorry for all of the stress that you are going through right now.:hug: I sure hope things settle down for you soon!

Way to go getting your workouts in!:cheer2: Which Zumba did you buy? I have the first set of DVDs and Zumba for Wii. Love, love, love it!:lovestruc

I'm so glad to hear the news about your DH's job! :cool1: And a cruise in July?!?!? Woohoo!!!:woohoo:

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. What a tough situation she is in right now! :( I'll be praying for her and for her family. If there's anything that we can do, please let us know.

Have a great day today, my friend, and please do something special just for you!:hug:

March 1- down a total of 14.6 in 2 months - 176 to 161.4 on my scale. Good, but not enough. Today is a bad day. Just pray please. Yesterday got bad with ds25 - still no job . Only 500 of his $3100 left (probably less , he lies) didn't have all his rent - but said he deposited cash at ATM day before . Didn't get receipt. Got a certified letter from IRS. Got notice he owed $185 months ago . Said he paid. Letter at post office & he won't go get. I can't - his name. Then later dd20 dropped my iPad & broke part of screen. I was upset about all when DH walked in I tried to tell him & his response was that all I do is make everyone's life miserable because I get upset. Sorry I am human! Sincerely, I don't know how much more I can take.

Oh Julie,

I am so sorry, my friend. :hug: You have been through so much lately. You have every right to be upset! I would be too. I hope and pray that things work out with your DS25 as soon as possible and that your iPad can be easily fixed.

Please know that I am praying for you. :hug: If you need anything, please let me know.

Sending love and prayers your way!:hug:

Hi Julie,

Very sorry that you're dealing with all of that!!! And yes, sometimes things add up and get us upset, and that is completely natural. Your DH was not so D when he said that, in my opinion. It sounds like the current circumstances are creating added stress of you all already, no need to pile it on each other, right? I hope you know that it is ok to be upset by what your family is facing. Your strength in the middle of it all is admirable!!

I hope that you had a little sunshine, literally or figuratively, come your way this weekend!
Mike

Still plugging away. Yesterday was court date for my friend - a contempt hearing for her soon to be ex as he was ordered in Sept to pay all community bills & hadn't paid a penny. Judge was good this time and found him in willful contempt so he has to turn over his severance pkg(just got laid off), all the income tax refunds & pay all her legal fees associated with it by the end of the month, or serve 30 days in jail, then pay them all. Progress!

Unfortunately, DS25 still has no job, hasn't convinced me he is even looking. Came by yesterdaY & said he didn't have enough gas to go to PO or bank, so I gave him the $9 I had - well, my $3 & DD's $6. Said he would bring the IRS letter by, but hasn't. So he finally answered his phone last night (DH of course, won't call him, talk to him, etc.), and said they say he still owes the full $185, but he paid half, just can't find receipt, and they said the other half will come from this years taxes. Just another load of BS I am afraid. UGH!!

On a more positive note, I am still forcing myself to the gym, and we changed to Planet FItness. Same price, but closer and MUCH bigger/nicer. Wish they had classes, but..... DH still hasn't gone, but had to have his own membership even though I can 'bring a friend' each time free. But, they have 'free haircuts' so maybe I will cut my hair more than once or twice a year! :lmao:

Spring break for DD is next week and my plan is to hopefully start getting stuff done here for Gsale in May as I start scoring 4/4 and as much as 2 weeks is long enough tedium wise, I hope it goes longer for the $$. And a gsale is a necessity at this point.

Hope everyone has had a good week so far! :grouphug:

It sounds like your friend had a good judge this time. I hope her soon to be ex complies with the court order this time. How is she doing through all of this?

Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for you and your DS25. I hope everything works out and soon.

Way to go on getting your workouts in! Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

Good morning Julie!!

Just coming by to say howdy and that I hope you had a great weekend!! Did you get to the gym at all? Hope you're avoiding "free pizza night" if they have that at your PF! hehe That promotion always makes me laugh! :-)

Hope your weekend was restful and productive at the same time! :-)
Have a great Monday!
Mike

Good morning Julie!!

Just coming by to say howdy and that I hope you had a great weekend!! Did you get to the gym at all? Hope you're avoiding "free pizza night" if they have that at your PF! hehe That promotion always makes me laugh! :-)

Hope your weekend was restful and productive at the same time! :-)
Have a great Monday!
Mike pirate:

Hi, Mike! Yes, I avoid pizza night. They also have a bagel morning! Guess it is good for business.

Things here about the same. Sat & Sun I went to the gym & did the 30 min express total body circuit - sat it was to appease DD20. Both she & DH were too soreto go on Sun or today :lmao:. Today I did my 5k - down to just over 43 min from almost 49 on 1/21 - I walk the balance of 50 min. And then do 25 min on elliptical - about 1.8-2 miles. And I have started to use the red light therapy booth 3x week - supposed to be good for skin - cant hurt. So, at least I am using my gym membership.

I am sending my iPad in for repair tomorrow. I will miss it:lovestruc!

This is spring break for DD20, so a chaotic, busy week here, but when isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by! :hug:

Hi Julie!

Glad to see you're keeping up your workouts amidst all of that chaos!!
Have a great day!

Mike

Stopping by to say hello and see how you are doing. I hope all is well with you and your family!:grouphug:

Hello, everyone! Life has been crazy lately, as usual, and Internet almost nonexistent. Better now, but the carrier changed something & goofed everyone up.

I was really getting into a rhythm going to the gym and on Tuesday morning got hurt. Dd was running late for bus to UNM, in crisis mode, and I was rushing to get dressed, dogs locked up, etc., to drive her all the way. Put stuff in car & was ready when she started complaining I didn't get her a juice. So, I ran in to get it wearing flip flops. The toe of my right shoe caught on the gate into the kitchen. I was almost running & my left tibia/shin/calf muscle hit the wood gate that is held in place by 40 lb weights to keep Mickey from moving it. So it didn't budge. I knew enough as i fell to twist and land on my rear. Unfortunately, i now have a cut caused by the rubbing on wood from just below my knee to about 3" from ankle. It runs in a bit of a curve at the edge of my overly developed calf muscle In the soft tissue along the tibia. I had a large knot next to the bone at first, but now the whole front of my leg is puffy. At first I thought it broken as I couldn't
Put weight on it, but that quickly improved. I actually walked 7 miles yesterday plus did circuit at gym, and 7 more today. Biking hurt like crazy as did treadmill & going down stairs, but more a muscle pain.

Scary, but my first thought was " how am I going to work out?". And when dd finally heard me & Came in her reaction was " have you been tanning?" where it rubbed the skin off, it had forced the blood out of the skin & it was snowy white. I told her to get wet towel as blood was coming- and it did! She was simply fascinated that it was so white. NASTY!

I will go to gym only for red light therapy tomorrow, then circuit on Saturday & try my normal cardio workout (3.5 on treadmill walk 2 run 1.5) and 27 min(2 mi) on elliptical. I have been going 3 days cardio & 3 days weights.

And, next wed I stat qualifying for scoring & assuming I do, start scoring monday after Easter, so will be sitting WAY more than I should for 2-6 weeks. Scares me for my weight loss.

So, gonna try to post this & will add more soon.

Good morning Julie!
Nice to hear from you as always! Sorry to hear about your accident but good job on the exercise front. :-)
Hope you have a great weekend ahead!'
Mike

Ouch, Julie! I'm sorry to hear about your accident. How is your leg feeling now? I hope it heals quickly and that you feel better soon. :hug:

Have a great Tuesday!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter