10-day WDW passes (again!)

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I've just been speaking to Virgin holidays about another aspect of our booking, and asked what their current prices are for the May - Oct 2002 10-day World Passes (they have had them at around £260 ever since the brochures were printed).

I was told that they are now on offer with Virgin for £199. I know this isn't the cheapest around, but if you've got a discount with a Virgin booking, you may find that it applies to the tickets as well and comes out cheaper than other offers. I'm hoping that my 11% Airmiles discount will bring the cost down to £178 per adult pass! :D

I'll keep you informed........

Thanks for that info Hilary :D

I have just posted a thread about this pass. I think I will hold on a while now and see whether they reduce prices for our December trip, or do you think it might be worth ringing them now or wait til nearer the time?

Mazzy, sorry I hadn't replied to your earlier thread (too wrapped up in my phone calls to Virgin ;) )!

I imagine that they have only reduced the passes which have to be ordered before the end of May, as these are the ones on offer elsewhere for under £200. But it wouldn't do any harm to give them a ring to enquire about the others, would it? If those for later in the year are still at the higher price at the moment, it's possible that there will be offers on for them as their 'deadline' gets closer as well. The current ones were still at £260 last week (and the Virgin holidays website still had them at £260 earlier this morning), so it seems to be a last minute thing before the end of May arrives.

Following on from your other thread questions, I didn't ask about whether they issue a voucher or the pass itself, but I'm sure I've read elsewhere that the vouchers (if that's what they issue) can be exchanged at any Guest Services kiosk at the parks, and you shouldn't need to get tied up in welcome meetings to do that. I'd like to hear whether anyone else knows the definite answer to that, though!

Hilary

Don't know if it is the same for Disney tickets but we got our Sea World/Busch Gardens Adventure Passport through Virgin last year.

We were sent a voucher which we had to exchange at the Welcome Meeting for ANOTHER voucher. This voucher then had to be changed at the guest services window at Sea World. Not the best way of doing things, especially if you can get the tickets for the same price elsewhere. I personally wouldn't do it again, would rather get the tickets from somewhere like Keith Prowse where you actually get the tickets unless there were big savings for getting vouchers.

We didn't attend the welcome meeting, but we did have to go the AMC theatre where the welcome meeting is held to see a rep.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please ask.

Silver i think Virgin are now using Keith Prowse to supply their tickets ---So no more vouchers.

jj....;)

Hilary, I just rang Virgin and the price for December is £260. As they have only just this week reduced prices they are a bit slow off the mark compared to other ticket sellers aren't they? I guess it's just a case of biding my time to see what comes up! Hilary, how did you find out Virgin had reduced the price, was it from the website?

Thanks Silver and JJ for that info, at the moment I am still waiting to see how prices go, but if I buy from Virgin I will check at the time whether they issue actual tickets or vouchers.

Silver, thanks for that - sounds grim if it's still the case :(

jj - hope you're right!

Mazzy - I only found out because I'd rung Virgin to try to get teen prices for our existing booking and had no luck with our TA. Kylie had said she'd had luck by ringing Virgin and by-passing the TA. Whilst I was on the phone I asked about the passes. Last time I looked, the website still had the full price for passes :rolleyes: Late off the mark for reducing the prices and for updating the website! Still, better late than never...... ;)
Hope you get good luck nearer the time for your passes :)

Well, it was a nice idea, but......

I asked Airmiles (our TA) to add the Virgin passes to our booking, but they said the £199 price is only applicable to holidays booked between March and May this year. I find this surprising if they only made the price reduction this week - that makes them only applicable to holidays booked for the next two weeks before the offer expires, doesn't it? :confused:

Back to the drawing board :rolleyes:

Hi everyone

I may be telling you the complete wrong info relevant to this thread - but I received an email yesterday and I recalled that it mentioned the 10 day tickets.

Its from Virgin Travelstore - and it has the 10 day tickets on offer for £190.

That price is if you book the tickets on line and is available until 31st May.
It doesnt state anywhere that it is for holidays only booked with Virgin - it seems to me purely as an extension of Keith Prowse that Virgin are offering this service. I checked the Terms and Conditions and cannot see anywhere that you cannot just click and purchase these tickets on line. They despatch the tickets 10 days prior to departure - if it were me, I would give them my dates for about 2 weeks time and get the ticket/voucher as soon as possible.

£190 is a jolly good price.

Hope this helps but of course if I am telling you something you already know - well, no change there then really LOL :rolleyes:

See what I mean - I forgot the link! Doh!
Virgin Travelstore Offer for 10 day tickets

Thanks for that Jan - I had only mentioned the Virgin deal because I know that several posters here have had booking discounts on Virgin holidays. The £199 would be the best I'd seen once my 11% booking discount was deducted (are you following? ;) ), taking the bottom-line cost down to £178.

Failing that, the Virgin Travelstore is certainly one of the better quotes around at the moment!

Hilary - sorry to hear you couldn't get the tickets you wanted with Airmiles - there is always a reason isn't there? ;)

I'm just going to hang on now and see what comes up in the next few months, but hopes are fading of Virgin selling them for December at that low price, and also getting my 10% frequent virgin discount, but you never know! :D

slightly different subject, but still to do with 10-Day world passes.

Just spotted a thread on the US DISboards where a US cistizen is ordering 10 day world passes from Virgin (online), receiving them and using them with no problem.

I don't have a problem with people getting the best value possible, but was always under the impression the 10 day World passes are supposedly for UK visitors only?

These were always a nice little benefit for us from the UK, with a character breakfast included.

Anybody else any thoughts on this?

(P.S. We are off again on 23rd May till 6th June!! - Roll on.....)

Hello All -

I'm the fellow that posted on the US board about my purchase of the 10 day World Pass from Virgin Travelstore. I hadn't thought that it might upset any of our UK DIS'ers and if it did, I certainly apologize. My intent was to let everyone know that Virgin is allowing international sales of WDW passes and that the summer promotion of the World Pass is a fantastic bargain.

I fully understand any concerns that I may be "rocking the boat" for the UK visitors. However, this would only be the case if WDW implemented any tracking of the passes themselves. My guess is that Virgin, the Flightshop, and many other travel agencies buy these passes in bulk, without any obligation to provide Disney with a listing of whom they sold to.

And if my guess is correct, having a small number of international buyers may actually benefit UK travelers. As the total number of World Passes sold goes up, my belief is that WDW corporate will consider this a successful program and continue to provide them to UK travelers.

My family and I live in California (west coast of US), and while we do not have to travel as far as the Brits, at 3000 miles (ok - 4800km) it is still a long flight. We generally stay 2 weeks as well and the money saved with the World Pass will be spent at WDW in one way or another.

Steve

I don't think that enough Americans will buy UK passes to make a lot of difference.

I'm holidaying with Virgin and have had to buy an unlimited pass (of which I won't be able to use much on 1st or last day) as part of the package otherwise I'd have had the 10 day pass. So I suppose it balances out.

I'm just pleased that you can get some saving for your holiday, as you say Disney will get your money in other ways.

(P.S. we still measure distances in miles and not these new fangled European measurements, come to think of it I can still convert money into pounds, shillings and pence - and I'm not that old:D )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter