10 Delicious Days of Deluxe Dining..Day5-Yachtmans Steakhouse-was it worth 2 credits?

so sad to hear about Akershus! The menu didnt look too appealing for my mom and I but I was hoping it would have been at least decent! :(

I love your reviews with all the details. We were not impressed with Akershus last year either, probably the worst TS of our trip.

I can't wait to read more!

Nancypopcorn::

We did Akershus breakfast in March and loved it. Too bad you didn't have the same experience. :headache: Also is Ariel an Asian girl? I thought they tried to keep everyone looking about the same?? :lmao:

I signed up to disboards just to get an e-mail to let me know when you post your next meal. Great job your doing, you went above and beyond :cheer2:.
I have been a fan of disboards for a while but I figured why remember another password? Thank you so much for your hard work. I'm going later this year and plan on getting the deluxe plan but my friend is trying to talk me out of it. I can't wait to see your complete report to see if you think it was worth it and if Narcoossee's was everything you thought it would be. I really want to go there. Thanks again I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat !!
:3dglassespopcorn:::surfweb:

I am going to take a guess at where your next meal will be....is it....Le Cellier?

Le Cellier is my favorite.....so I hope I am right....so sorry to hear your breakfast was kind of blah...for lack of a better word....

What a dull breakfast...glad you made it to Soarin though.

Your reviews have been so helpful as my ADR date looms closer. Thanks for taking the time to share your meals with us!

Thanks for the review! We were "playing" with the idea of having breakfast this year somewhere but again, we've decided against it. We just prefer to use our TS credits on something a little more...substancial!

Would be fun though to be FIRST on a ride!!

Loving your reviews!!

I agree 150%.

WE did this also on May 6th after eating a miserable dinner here on our November trip we decided to do breakfast. A deluxe breakfast at McD's is better then what is served here. The princess interaction with my 6 yo consisted of "Hi Princess, can I sign your book? OK lets take a picture.

It wasn't even worth what we HAD to pay with the forced gratuity let alone the twenty something per person cost.

I use to think this was a good alternative to CRT but the price point for value, for me, makes it feel like a massive ripoff.

It was our fourth and finally time dining here.

Just found your food report and I am :lovestruc it. Great reviews! We're going next May and this report is getting me very excited:banana:

I'm loving your reviews and pictures of your meals - and your pictures taken of the countries before your breakfast are incredible! :goodvibes

Thank you for another good update. What a shame you didn't rate Askershus! Can't wait to hear all about your favourite meal!!

We did rate Akershus...just very poorly!

Your review of the Princess Breakfast at Norway has me rethinking my plans for the end of the month.

I booked it for my friend and I as a "girly" kind of treat but I'm thinking room service for breakfast might be a better alternative.
I would agree with trying somewhere else to eat for breakfast. Later in the report I'll be reviewing Kona and we loved it there for breakfast.

so sad to hear about Akershus! The menu didnt look too appealing for my mom and I but I was hoping it would have been at least decent! :(
The menu is a very good representation of what you are going to get...unfortunately

I love your reviews with all the details. We were not impressed with Akershus last year either, probably the worst TS of our trip.

I can't wait to read more!

Nancypopcorn::
Definitely the worst TS of our whole 10 days.

We did Akershus breakfast in March and loved it. Too bad you didn't have the same experience. :headache: Also is Ariel an Asian girl? I thought they tried to keep everyone looking about the same?? :lmao:
No, I don;t think Ariel was Asian but she didn;t look much like Ariel anyway.

I signed up to disboards just to get an e-mail to let me know when you post your next meal. Great job your doing, you went above and beyond :cheer2:.
I have been a fan of disboards for a while but I figured why remember another password? Thank you so much for your hard work. I'm going later this year and plan on getting the deluxe plan but my friend is trying to talk me out of it. I can't wait to see your complete report to see if you think it was worth it and if Narcoossee's was everything you thought it would be. I really want to go there. Thanks again I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat !!
:3dglassespopcorn:::surfweb:
Welocme. I'm glad my reviews have made you decide to post. I hope you continue to do so. Deluxe plan was great but stay tuned to find out the best meals.

I am going to take a guess at where your next meal will be....is it....Le Cellier?

Le Cellier is my favorite.....so I hope I am right....so sorry to hear your breakfast was kind of blah...for lack of a better word....
Le cellier is not the next meal...it's usually our favorite and I will be reviewing it later in the trip but the nest meal is actually....you'll have to wait and see!!

What a dull breakfast...glad you made it to Soarin though.

Your reviews have been so helpful as my ADR date looms closer. Thanks for taking the time to share your meals with us!
Your welcome...thanks for joining me.

Thanks for the review! We were "playing" with the idea of having breakfast this year somewhere but again, we've decided against it. We just prefer to use our TS credits on something a little more...substancial!

Would be fun though to be FIRST on a ride!!

Loving your reviews!!
There are some great places to have breakfast this is just not one of them.

I agree 150%.

WE did this also on May 6th after eating a miserable dinner here on our November trip we decided to do breakfast. A deluxe breakfast at McD's is better then what is served here. The princess interaction with my 6 yo consisted of "Hi Princess, can I sign your book? OK lets take a picture.

It wasn't even worth what we HAD to pay with the forced gratuity let alone the twenty something per person cost.

I use to think this was a good alternative to CRT but the price point for value, for me, makes it feel like a massive ripoff.

It was our fourth and finally time dining here.
After all the great reviews I read about this place I really expected something fabulous. Obbviously we had a similar experience as you. We eill not be going back here again.

Just found your food report and I am :lovestruc it. Great reviews! We're going next May and this report is getting me very excited:banana:
Thanks for joining in...it's great to have you along for the ride.

I'm loving your reviews and pictures of your meals - and your pictures taken of the countries before your breakfast are incredible! :goodvibes
Thanks...we really enjoyed getting to take photos before the park was open. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

Well, after our less than stellar breakfast we decided to hang around Epcot for the day . We took a bunch of photopass pictures around the park and split up due to meet back at Japan for our 530pm ADR for Teppan Edo. When Stitch and I arrived Mulan was getting a blue penguin made by the Japanese Candy lady. I can;t remember her name but it was incredible. The penguin was cute but the best was when she made a Sea horse for 2 girls beside us. I don;t know how she does it so quickly!! When you're in Epcot be sure to check her out.
DSC02479.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

Anyway, we were all a little nervous about Teppan Edo for a couple of reasons. #1 quite a few of us are very picky eaters (ie. mickey!!) and we wre not sure if there was going to be enough on the menu to choose from and
#2 we knew we were going to have to share our table with 2 other people (they are tables for 8). Stitch and I were okay with this because we had done it on our cruise last year but you still wonder who you're going to be seated with.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Japan pavilion Teppan Edo can be a little bit difficult to find. It's located above and left of the main entrance of the huge gift shop. You walk up a set of stairs and Teppan Edo and Tokyo Dining are located up there.
DSC02513.jpg

When you enter a beautiful girl in a kimono asks you where your reservation are for and you check in. We were given a buzzer to wait for our table. Our table was ready about 15 minutes after our ADR time but it gave me a chance to take some photos.
DSC02482.jpg

We were led to our table by another hostess dressed in a beautiful Kimono.
DSC02483.jpg

You are led by several room that have 4- 6 tables in each.
DSC02511.jpg

We were in the third room and we were seated with a quiet, but nice couple. I've never been to a Hibachi restaurant before so I did not know what to expect. Mickey and Tink had been to a Hibachi restaurant in our town before. You are seated at a table with 4 people along when side 2 on each end and then the grill and chef opposite of the 4 people.
DSC02488.jpg

DSC02486.jpg
Our waitress introduced herself immediately and also introduced her assistant waiter.

Speaking of service it is phenomenal here. As I said you have two wait staff. The main waitress (Yoko) who explained how everything works, and explained the dining plan selections and the assistant server who was responsible for refilling our drinks and bring us warm towels to wash our hands with. The waitress was so great that Mulan chased after her to get a picture and her signature on the chef's hat that she got to wear because it was her birthday.
255.jpg

DSC02507.jpg

Throughout the whole meal the assistant server waited by the door to top off our drinks whenever it was needed and clear our plates as soon as they were empty. The assistant waiter asked us all if we wanted forks our chopsticks. Mulan, Donald, and Stitch used chopsticks, Mickey a fork and Tink and myself got cheat chopsticks that the waiter made for us.
DSC02487.jpg

Here's a picture of Mickey trying to eat with chopsticks
DSC02504.jpg

And here's me with the 'cheat' ones
DSC02505.jpg

The service of the chef (Ken) is a whole different story. For those of you who have never been to a Hibachi restaurant the chef cooks at your table on the grill in front of you. And he doesn't just cook. He pretty much puts on a show. He is very entertaining and very skilled. He made an onion volcano, made a shrimp do a "Shamu" style wave, and a hidden Mickey made of onions on the grill. He is amazingly fast at chopping the meat and vegetables and also very good at explaining what he is doing. He explains all of the sauces you are given and even made fun of Stitch telling him he needed to eat his rice one piece at a time with his chopsticks. We had a fabulous time the whole meal and it was not uncomfortable at all. Here's a few picture of chef doing his thing:
DSC02492.jpg

DSC02493.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

DSC02498.jpg

DSC02500.jpg

The atmosphere in the restaurant is great. Because the rooms are divided up it is surprisingly not to loud. The uniforms that the hostesses wear are beautiful. You definitely don't feel like you are in Disney world when you are in this restaurant.
Continued in next post...

On to the food....

Mulan

Drink
Diet Coke

Appetizer Assorted Tempura
"Shrimp, chicken breast and seasonal vegetables with a Japanese dipping sauce"
$7.95
DSC02491.jpg

Mulan said that the tempura was just okay. She had had better in other restaurants and found that the sauce was a little bit plain.

Entree Asakusa
"Sirloin steak and large shrimp with seasonal vegetables, Udon noodles, and steamed rice"
$29.95
DSC02501.jpg
(the steak was still being cooked)

Mulan thought that the meal was great. The selction of vegetables that they fry for you was very good and she loved the entertainment of the chef.

DessertGreen Tea Pudding
$6.50
DSC02510.jpg

This seemed and looked a little bit strange but Mulan really liked it. We all tasted it and thought it was pretty good. I even enjoyed it and I don't like Green tea at all. It was surprisingly light and creamy.

Rating

*****/5 (she wanted to give it a 10 out of 5)

Donald

Drink
Diet Coke

Appetizer Assorted Tempura
Donald thought this was a below average tempura and thought that the sauce was tasteless.

Entree Asakusa
Donald thought the meal was great. Everything was cooked perfectly and the show was very entertaining.

Dessert Chocolate Ginger Cake
$5.95
DSC02508.jpg

Donald said you could not ask for a better. It sounds a little bit off putting but it is really tasty.

Rating

****1/2 out of 5

Tink

Drink
Diet Coke

Appetizer Garden Salad
"Mixed greens, tomato, asparagus, and seasonal vegetables. Choice of dressing: Ginger, Creamy Sesame, or Oriental"
$5.95
DSC02489.jpg

Tink chose the creamy sesame dressing and thought the salad was really good. The dressing was great and the portion size was perfect.

Entree Ueno
"Chicken breast and large shrimp with seasonal vegetables, Udon noodles, and steamed rice"
$24.85
DSC02499.jpg

Tink thought that this was very tasty but thought that the "large" shrimp were rather small when cooked.

Dessert Chocolate Ginger Cake
Tink thought this cake was very good. It was fresh and tasty. She does not usually like Ginger but she found that it worked with the chocolate and it was not to strong.

Rating

*****/5

Mickey

Drink
Diet Coke

Appetizer Mixed Greens
Mickey of course had no dressing on the salad so again what can you say. He didn't like the fact that there was no salt on the table because he usually salts his salad. I'm sure if he would have asked they would have got him some.

Entree Nihonbashi
"Sirloin steak and chicken breast with seasonal vegetables, Udon noodles, and steamed rice"
$28.95
DSC02503.jpg

He thought that this was good. The steak was coked to order and was cooked correctly. He also did ot like the fact that we had to be sat with other people but he found the chef very entertaining.

Dessert
Vanilla Ice Cream
$4.50
He said this was good.

Rating
***1/2 out of 5

Stitch

Drink Diet Coke

Appetizer
Assorted Tempura
He said the tempura was decent. It was light and crispy.

Entree Nihonbashi
The steak was very tender and the chef was phenomenal.

Dessert
Twist ice cream
DSC02509.jpg

Nothing much to say. It was just ice cream

Rating

*****/5

Morgy827

Drink Diet Coke

Appetizer
Edamame
"Young soybean pods"
$4.50
DSC02490.jpg

I thought the edamame was really good. I usually have to salt them a bit first but these were tasty without any salt at all. The only problem I had was that the beans kept flying everywhere. Have you seen that scene in Pretty Woman where Julia Roberts is eating at the dinner and she flings the escargots across the room?? If you were sitting behind me I;m sure you reminded of that moment. Bean pods were all around my chair. The ones that made it to my mouth were very good though. It was also a huge portion and I was still eating them while the chef was cooking.

Entree Nihonbashi
This was excellent. I don;t how the chef manages to cook everyone's steak perfectly while watching everything else n the grill but he made mine a perfect medium. The sauces that went with each meat were great. He explained that each sauce went with either the shrimp, chicken or steak. They were all really good but I like the shrimp one best and ate it with all of my chicken. The chicken was very tender and tasty as well. The vegetables that you get are cooked just perfectly and the rice is a huge portion. I definitely could not eat it all...especially with my 'cheat' chopsticks!!

Dessert Ginger Chocolate Cake

I found it hard to pick a dessert because there was not a great selection and none of them sounded too appetizing. However, when we received and ate our desserts they were all great. I was surprised how good this cake was. It was very light and fresh and had just the right amount of chocolate.

Rating

*****/5

Overall Rating

4.7 out of 5

Cost

6 DP credits

Actual Cost

Gratuity
$46.00 They did not charge us automatic gratuity here but we still tipped the 18% because it was well worth it!!

Will we be back
Absolutely. It is already at the top of my list for us to return to next time. The food was fabulous, service above and beyond, and very entertaining. The only thing we did not like was the fact that the sushi was not considered an appetizer for the DxDDP. they were not that much more expensive than the appetizers that were included so Mulan and Donald were a little bit disappointed in that. Otherwise we definitely recommend Teppan Edo. Tink even said the other day that if she went back without the dining plans he would make sure that she spent the money on this meal.
[/SIZE]

Well with Day 4 complete it's time to total it all up. We had quite a few snacks today because we realized that we had about a million snack credits to use up and we were actually hungry because breakfast was terrible and we were not having lunch.

We had:

School bread from Norway (which was fabulous as usual)
DSC02461.jpg

$2.11

3 bottles of water ($7.98)

2 large pretzels from Germany (which was not very good . It was way too salty)
DSC02469.jpg

$9.58

Kaki Gori from Japan (I had it is tangerine and it was very good.Very refreshing on a hot day and definitely enough to share between 2)
$3.49

and 2 Carrot cakes from POP at the end of the night (these are really good and surprisingly fresh)
DSC02522.jpg

$7.00

for a total of $30.16 in snacks

Total cost for DxDDP for 6 adults: $431.94

Total OOP gratuity: $74.08

Total cost of meals & snacks: $475.34

Total price difference between cost of dining plan and actual costs:
+$30.68 for WDW

I have to post a picture of the cute jelly sushi that Mulan bought at the Japan gift shop.
DSC02523.jpg

Aren't they so cute. Unfortunately they were not counted as a snack.

Also here is Tink tasting the Beverly...we tricked her in to trying it even though she had had it before. Don't ask me how that worked.
DSC02450.jpg

Glad to hear that you liked Teppon Edo. That's on our list for late August and we are looking forward to it very much! You noted "seasonal vegetables" with the meal, but all I could spot was onion. What sort of vegetables came with the meals? Thanks!

we loved Teppan Edo when we went too and can't wait to go back! And thank you for the picture of the Green Tea Pudding! It looks more like a flan which I like. I was skeptical because from the sounds of it, I thought it would be like a jello pudding. I love green tea so I have to add this to my list to try.

I know I have yet to say anything, but I have been an avid reader. Thanks for posting about Teppan Edo. I'm trying to decide where to eat for my upcoming trip and this pretty much put this resturant on the map. Only question is...with Food and wine festival going on (when I'm there) will this be too much food? Do they let you take some home?

Great Teppan Edo review. I've eaten at a Hibachi restaurant before, but never in WDW. It seems nice and I like that you are in smaller rooms- to keep the noise down.

And I love the Beverly hazing! :rotfl: I think I'm the only person who doesn't really mind it that much, but I used to hate it when I was younger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter