$10 Fee if whole party isn't there

jodywgirl

DIS Veteran
I have several reservations that require the $10 per person ADR Fee and I can make reservations next Sunday. At this point it is not for sure that my SIL and Step Grand kids can come with us if I make reservations and only 4 show up instead of 7 will I be charged for the 3 no shows.

I have several reservations that require the $10 per person ADR Fee and I can make reservations next Sunday. At this point it is not for sure that my SIL and Step Grand kids can come with us if I make reservations and only 4 show up instead of 7 will I be charged for the 3 no shows.

I would make it for 7 and then if they cant come(before you leave) call and make changes

Take the ressie number with you and when you figure out if they won't be with you, call fast so that you don't get charged.

Maybe tell the SIL that you need to know and if they can't decide and end up not going they can reimburse you for the fee.

They don't charge your card until you eat the meal, or do not show up for the meal, so it won't cost you any extra to make reservations for 7 as for 4. The issue is, you need to call 24 hours in advance to NOT be charged for no-shows, and if you call and tell them 3 other people won't be showing up, you're actually changing the whole table-size needed and they may not still honor that reservation.

I'd go ahead and make reservations for 7 people, and AS SOON as you find out whether or not they are coming, then change the reservation (if they have availability) to the right number of people. How far in advance will you know whether or not they are going to be able to make it?

From the Disney Dining Website:

I have a dinner reservation for 10 Guests at a restaurant that uses the credit card guarantee policy. Only 8 Guests are able to make it to dinner. Will I still be charged $10 each for the 2 Guests who were unable to attend?

No. As long as you honor the reservation, then there will be no charge to your credit card

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/dining/#/subCategory21

I would keep your reservation just and explain at check in. Sounds like you will be fine!

I have a dinner reservation for 10 Guests at a restaurant that uses the credit card guarantee policy. Only 8 Guests are able to make it to dinner. Will I still be charged $10 each for the 2 Guests who were unable to attend?

No. As long as you honor the reservation, then there will be no charge to your credit card

I would keep your reservation just and explain at check in. Sounds like you will be fine!
This (I seem to be starting a lot of posts with that lately...).

The posted above is the official, public, written down policy. You can use it to CYA when they attempt (or rather do) charge you for partial parties. There are a lot of reports of restaurants doing this (along with charging on the day of reservations, or charging you even though you're entire party is there...), so keep an eye on the CC you entered! If they give you grief, bring this up and force them to refund any bad charges. Since this is the information they're publishing, they absolutely should be sticking by it!

Regardless of being charged or not it would be a good idea to call as soon as possible to reduce a party from 7 to 4. To seat 6 requires two tables while 4 requires 1. You'll make someone else's trip magical by opening that table early for them.

Leaving it until you arrive makes the freed up table only available to walk ups and at Disney that increases the chance of it staying empty.

Thanks for posting. The sticky currently states that all partial no-shows will be charged...hopefully it will be updated to reflect this official policy...

The sticky states that we did not know whether or not partial no-shows will be charged. Disney says they won't, so yes it should be updated but I am not going to do it immediately (meaning at 4:02 AM). The computer I am on will not make it easy to open multiple windows or post links.

I would still suggest that anyone who books a restaurant on that list check their credit card statements and make sure you were not charged.

I believe it is all signatures & all character meals.

It is more than that. It is all meals at all Disney-operated restaurants that are either designated signature or feature any type of character meal. 'Ohana dinner isn't character but it counts. Le Cellier lunch isn't signature, but it counts.

CRT and dinner shows are in the "prepaid" category, meaning you pay in full when you book.

It is more than that. It is all meals at all Disney-operated restaurants that are either designated signature or feature any type of character meal. 'Ohana dinner isn't character but it counts. Le Cellier lunch isn't signature, but it counts.

CRT and dinner shows are in the "prepaid" category, meaning you pay in full when you book.

Cape May clam bake is another. Dinner is not a character meal, but breakfast is, so dinner also requires a cc guarantee.:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter