10 inches of snow...

If you would all just move to central FL......

Think about the possibilities of that.:lmao:

Be careful for what you wish for.

We're under severe flood watch in NJ. We are expecting rain, rain and more rain today with very high winds. High winds and an already saturated ground means tress will be uprooted in addition to flooding.

Hunkered down here under about 10 inches... Started a pot roast. It's a pot roast kind of day. Had to take DGf to airport about 4:30 this morning. Tire tracks I made are already covered up again... I love snow, but

DID I MENTION MY DSis & HER FAMILY ARE DRIVING TO WDW??!?

Lessens my enjoyment of the winter wonderland...just a tad. :sad2:

If you would all just move to central FL......

Think about the possibilities of that.:lmao:

Terrible weather tonight....chilly with bursts of torrential rain and a tornado watch until 2:00am.

Snow might be better.

Nah.....never snow.:thumbsup2

C'mon Kevin, you know you miss upstate NY! Snow, ice, flooding, what's not to like!:scared1:

I didn't realize how many fellow Ohioans were on this board! I'm in Dayton. We're at about 10" now, supposed to get up to a foot! My poor dog (collie) is having trouble going to the potty, might need to have DH dig him out an outhouse!

The older I get, the more appealing FL gets.... :thumbsup2

Not only is it depresing that half the neighbors left for somewhere south, but now we have 20cm on the ground in Niagara and another 30cm on its way!! We are longing to get away even more. Right now we are getting freezing rain in a prelude to wave #2 of this storm that originated in the south, I hear you have terrible rain down there but I would take that and warmer temps right now. Going skiing Monday in western NY so we should have some good conditions. Just got in from shovelling and could not think of a better way to cheer up thank to start chatting again on the DIS boards. Stay safe wherever you are and for anyone in the snow belt - which right now I think extends from Dallas to Muskoka - carefull with all that shovelling and think of those hot steamy days strolling up Main St in the sunshine.
:goodvibes

I didn't realize how many fellow Ohioans were on this board! I'm in Dayton. We're at about 10" now, supposed to get up to a foot! My poor dog (collie) is having trouble going to the potty, might need to have DH dig him out an outhouse!

The older I get, the more appealing FL gets.... :thumbsup2

Cleveland here!

They have declared a state of emergency and parking and driving bans.
Emergency vehicles on the roads only. I'd say we've had about 16 inches
so far and they are calling for more in the next couple hours.

I've been at work since 3pm Friday and probably won't get out of here
until sometime Sunday, I'm hoping.

Cleveland here!

They have declared a state of emergency and parking and driving bans.
Emergency vehicles on the roads only. I'd say we've had about 16 inches
so far and they are calling for more in the next couple hours.

I've been at work since 3pm Friday and probably won't get out of here
until sometime Sunday, I'm hoping.

OMG! Sorry you're stuck @work.... But at least you've got internet... I guess. :sad2:

Snow snow go away..... pixiedust:

LOL when I scrolled over this I was seeing another thread... put together I read...

Forecast is 10 inches of snow this weekend. 6 meals a day

so I thought you were saying you were going to be eating like crazy for the weekend because you would be snowed in :lmao: boy, my brain is REALLY scaring me!

Yes, at least I have the internet, it's been a nice break to be able to come check the DIS every once in awhile. Actually, I'm off to try and get some sleep now in our conference room. Luckily I keep an Aero bed here!

With any luck this snow will be moved out by morning, they say we might even see a couple peeks of sunshine on Sunday. It's still snowing pretty hard now though. My mom said they measured almost two feet in their backyard.

What I wouldn't give to be in Disney right now! :wizard:

Everyone stay warm and safe!!!!

Hopefully next time I check in, it'll be from home!!!

I am with you.

Here in the Ottawa area we are expecting 50 cm (50 centimeters = 19.685039 inches). The kids have had two snow days off school this week.

We are headed for an all time snow record 444.1 centimeters = 14.57021 feet. We are at over 11 feet already.....:confused3 :confused3

Toronto area here. We are expecting to get 30cm (about a foot). Prior to the snow this weekend our total is 177cm (5.81 feet). At least the mayor did not call in the army to help with the show removal. We need to get 207cm (6.8 feet) to break the record yearly snowfall from 1939

I am sick of snow. We have around (this is no joke) 4ft in our yard. This was suppose to be a mild winter and it was until January. When I drove down to the park on my lunch break the other day (it was at least sunny) the snow that the city piles up down there was at least 30ft high and the kids wanting to sled down it. Snow is pretty at first but now its dirty and I can't keep my car clean, I gave up. The ice fisherman are having a blast though. I hope it lets up soon for Ohio and anywhere else.

Erie-PA here Lake effect snow central- we got about 15-18 inches today & we don't even live in the 'snow belt' area of the County........ SOOO wish I were in the World.............

Good Morning. I made it to work last night, but who knows if I get to go home this morning. (off-roading in my Grand AM was interesting!)
Now that the storm has stopped here, we are getting lake effect streamers! (I think that name is just to make it sound like getting snowed in is a party)
I just checked and we were officially 37 cm (just over a foot) as of 10pm last night. I suspect we have passed that as it was still snowing then! DH emailed me at around 1:45 this morning when he finsihed up the shovelling. My 7 foot snowbanks at the end of my driveway are now around 9 feet.

It was funny when my little weather thing on my home page showed our weather as light snow with a severe weather alert for Orlando, but then showed Orlando with a little wind and rain - thanks Kevin for clearing that up.

I will take this opportunity to remind all who are digging out - please dig out your furnace vents!

Take care to all who were in the path.

I can't imagine having so much snow - we lost power last night for 3 hours (wind and rain and such), but it would have been so much worse if it had been snow.

Hey, the clocks changed, doesn't that mean it's Spring? Well, it used to mean that, or at least that it was sure to be coming soon....:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter