• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10 Whole Days of DDP, whew!

intricatejewel

And, uh.... fly!
Okay, here goes my first attempt at posting ANY kind of review. This was our first time ever using the DDP. Our party consisted of just me :Pinkbounc and my fiancee :bounce: for October 27 - November 6, 2006 for our DDP, not to include four more days at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort. If you'd like to hear about any of the restaurants at Universal, just drop me a post and I'll be more than happy to let you know about our experience. :thumbsup2

OCTOBER 27, 2006: Councourse Steakhouse
We arrived around 3:00pm to All-Star Movies, but DFiancee wanted to go resort hopping ASAP. We hopped a bus to MK to get on the monorail that leads to GF, Poly, and Contemporary. (We were more impressed with Poly, out of the three) :lovestruc Both DF and I were VERY hungry by the time we arrived to Contemporary, but we were an hour early for our ADR at Concourse for 7:10pm. I tried to get us in early, but the host said it would be 30-45 min wait, so honey and I played in the arcade for a while. :drive:
Time flew by and it was time for our dinner. :p Immediately upon arriving, the host asked us if we were on the Dining Plan. We waited at the host stand for about 10 minutes and then another CM asked us if we were on the DP before seating us. I was beginning to remember everything I read on the DISboard about bad service when DP was mentioned and I'll admit, I got nervous. :guilty: We were seated in a very comfortable yet LARGE booth, which was surprising since it was only the two of us. Oh well, we were VERY comfortable. :thumbsup2 And the monorail going by was a nice novelty, but it gets old after a while.
We waited about another 10 minutes before our server Kimberley arrived to ask us what we wanted for drinks. I ordered the Reisling and DF ordered a coke. 10 minutes later, our drinks arrived and I ordered the pan seared scallops, NY Strip med rare and the carrot cake for dessert. DF ordered Ceasar salad, NY Strip med, no steak butter and double mashed potatoes and chocolate cake.
The scallops were delicious!! :blush: I ate mine with gusto. DF's ceasar wasn't very good, though. It was pretty limp and wilted. He hardly took two bites before pushing the plate away. The bread they serve is scrumptious however, and he tore into that instead. :)
Our steaks arrived shortly after we finished our app's, but neither of us were given steak knives. I attempted to cut into mine with the butter knife already on the table, but I wasn't making much progress. :confused3 DF got fed up after waiting five minutes or so when no one came by our booth, so he got up and asked a CM standing a few feet away for steak knives. Both of our steaks were overcooked, around medium well. Hardly any pink. And the strips were surprisingly tough. Not at all tender like I was expecting for a steakhouse. Also, his steak came out with the steak butter and brocolli instead of what he requested. He was too hungry to wait for our server and just ate his steak. Kimberley finally arrived just as we finished and asked how everything was. (I guess better late than never :confused3 ) She was dismayed when she saw that his order didn't come out like he asked and said that she typed his request in three times into the computer. Oh, well. By then, we just asked for our desserts to go and left. DF never ate his chocolate cake and we threw it away a few days later (getting ahead of myself) but I ate the carrot cake for breakfast and it was DELICIOUS!! :cloud9: Highly recommend you try it! All in all, we gave it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of a possible 5 thumbs up. We probably won't return, though.

October 28, 2006: FLAMETREE BBQ and WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS

We decided the day before that we would go to Animal Kingdom and was looking forward to lunch at Flametree. The year before we ate there and DF had ordered the ribs and boy, were they delicious- so tender and flavorful! I pretty much ignored my food and stole from his ribs. I already knew what I was going to order and couldn't wait. We ordered our rib meal, both got the frozen lemonade's, bottled water for me and coke for honey, and fought the ducks for a place to sit in the shade. Oh yes, and DF payed OOP for an extra side of fries. (I had no idea how he was going to eat everything, but I shouldn't have worried) The ribs were so tough! And the corn was inedible! :crazy2: I pretty much only ate the beans, which were a little tangy, but alright. I tried a french fry and almost spat it out, it was so salty!!! :crazy: We threw most of our food away. I would have complained if we weren't on the DDP, but we still got "our money's worth" througout the trip. I was extremely disappointed and most likely will not return. :thumbsup2 out of five.

Later that night, we went to Downtown Disney to catch dinner and than our Cirque Du Soleil show at 9:00pm :offtopic: but that is a MUST SEE show! Was one of the hi-lights of our trip. Back on track, we went to WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS for dinner. It was pretty busy but the line moved quickly. After reading reviews on the DISboard, I knew I wanted to try the margerita pizza and DF ordered the pepperoni pizza. For dessert I got the chocolate chip cookie and sweetie got a brownie. Usual coke for DF and I tried the mango iced tea which really hit the spot. :goodvibes We were given a placard with a number on it and was told to take a seat and our food would be brought out to us. We scraped a few crumbs off the only empty table outside and camped out for 25 minutes before our pizzas were brought out. My margerita pizza was good, a little crunchy. I was so hungry, I inhaled it! :rotfl: Honey-bunny's pepperoni pizza was very soggy, though. :sad2: He was just as hungry as me and simply rolled the pizza up and ate it in five bites. :teeth: Sometimes, he makes me proud! :love:
We tipped the guy who brought us our food a few extra bucks when he returned later to ask us if he could refill our beverages. Very nice kid. We rated this :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five, if only for the nice service and great desserts. Oh yeah, DF couldn't finish the brownie because it was very rich. He said it was one of the best brownies he's ever had, though. ;)

October 29, 2006

We went to Epcot for the day and DF's picky appetite led him to order at Liberty Inn. He ordered chicken strips with fries and a brownie (which he didn't realize until later that it was sugar-free and refused to eat it and gave it away to another table near us) And let it show for the record that at every meal he orders a coke, so we'll just assume that's his drink for EVERY meal. Anyway, the chicken tenders were really good, white meat and crunchy breading. Fries disappeared very quickly. He really seemed to enjoy it. :rotfl2: I was saving myself for Yakitori House, which I'll review in a moment. The tables were clean, plenty of seating and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. DF gave this :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five.

Yakitori House: I ordered the Tonosama combination which consisted of teriyaki chicken, sukiyaki beef, tempura vegetables with rice, iced green tea for my drink and ginger cake for dessert. I thought all of this was very yummy! :goodvibes The chicken meat was mostly dark thigh meat I believe, and the sukiyaki beef was like thinly shaved beef, salty but surprisingly tender and flavorful. The green tea was unsweetened, but that's how I like it! :teeth: I was a little dubious about the ginger cake, but was pleasantly surprised to find it was soft and fluffy, without being too sweet or, and this was my fear, to ginger-y. (Yeah, yeah... couldn't find a better word for it :rolleyes1 ) In other words, the dessert was very refreshing and I really enjoyed it. :love: This restaurant rated :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five for me. Tip: Eat outside if it's a nice day. The surroundings are GORGEOUS!

Whispering Canyon
I was looking forward to this, if only for my fiancee. He always asks for another drink, ketchup, more food, etc and I knew he'd get a kick out of the antics. (I never clued him in about the antics here as I wanted to surprise him) Our server was Cowgirl Candy Cane and she decided to show up to our table about 15 minutes after we were sat and asked us if we were on the dining plan and then pointed out what was included. We ordered our bottomless milkshakes, chocolate for him and vanilla for me and the All-You-Can-Eat Skillet. Several minutes later she showed up with our shakes and threw straws all over the table and I watched my DF's face the whole time and at first, he didn't know what to do. But he caught on when someone screamed for ketchup at the table next to us, and before they knew it, they had over a dozen bottles on their table. My man was thrilled. :teeth: The salad was a little dry and I'm definitely not a person who likes a lot of dressing, but I could hardly taste any on the lettuce mix. DF didn't try any and I'm afraid to say neither of us tried the corn bread. It looked good, but we just didn't have a taste for it that night. Well, our skillet arrived, he inhaled almost all the meat (leaving me with just the chicken and nasty sausage) and had to ask for more. He also ordered a refill on his chocolate shake. It took a while for more meat to arrive, but I was mostly full and saved just enough room to try the pulled pork which I kicked my fiancee for hogging it all in the beginning because it was that GOOD!! I only wished I had more room in my tummy to eat some more. Honey said the ribs were just ok, but guessing by how he inhaled everything else, he loved every bite. I ate all the corn, as it was actually flavorful and crisp.
After we gorged ourselves, we waited for our server... and waited... and waited... and waited some more. A family was seated next to us and our server was just all over them. BTW, honey never got another refill on his milkshake. We sat there for 45 minutes after we were done eating simply waiting for our server to come over or even just look over at us. :furious: This was the only time I truly felt having the DP affected our service. The only fun antics we recieved were the straws thrown on the table, yet the three other tables around us that was part of our servers section were getting the whole nine yards. She finally came over and asked us what we wanted for dessert and I just told her to box up two chocolate cakes and bring the check. Another 20 minutes later, we were finally on our way. The food was good and the atmosphere was fun, but our service really put a damper on the experience. DF said this could have been one of his all-time favorites. Disregarding the terrible service, we gave it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five. Will most likely try again and hope for an attentive server.

On another note, the Wilderness Lodge was simply GORGEOUS!! Honey and I both fell in love with it :love: and decided we will stay here on our next visit.

October 30, 2006

Cosmic Rays:
Spent the entire day at MK and also stayed for MNSSHP :stir: . I wanted to eat at Cosmic Rays for lunch because I heard it had the best value for counter service, but dear heart and I were completely burned out on ribs and not feeling hungry enough for the combo. So we both opted for chicken fingers with fries and chocolate cake for dessert. There were plenty of clean tables to choose from, but we stayed on the upper level. The chicken really hit the spot. They were quite large, all white meat with crispy breading. Fries were standard food faire. I scraped the icing off the chocolate cake, which was actually more like a cupcake, and ate a few bites. It wasn't too bad. We enjoyed eating our food while listening to Sunny Eclipse before heading back into the park. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five.

Liberty Tree Tavern

Near the end of our day, we arrived at LTT on time for our ADR's at 5:35pm. We still ended up waiting 20 minutes or so for a table, but it went quickly. The staff at the doors were dressed up as ghouls and got quite into character, so they entertained those of us who were waiting. After we were seated, our server came over promptly, explained how the buffet worked and took our drink orders. Chip was right around the corner and quickly came to our table for a great photo opportunity. :woohoo: Our server returned shortly with our drinks and not long after, the salad. The salad mix was quite fresh and lightly tossed in some sort of dressing that I can't recall, but I remember it was quite good and helped myself to this. DF didn't even touch the stuff, though he ate a couple rolls until our food arrived. Turkey was a little dry, but tasty and although I enjoyed the beef, the fiancee did not. He didn't like the spices that it was marinated in. It seemed like maybe cloves had been lightly used, but I didn't taste anything unusual. I think he was being just a bit too sensitive. :rolleyes1 However, I did NOT like the gravy. I wish I could find words to describe how it tasted, but the best I could come up with was old. It was too thick, it didn't taste like turkey or chicken, more like slop. Sorry if I'm being too harsh, but it ruined anything it touched on my plate and you know how gravy runs. Ugh. :crazy2: But I ate ALL the green beans since they're my favorite vegetable. Desert was an apple cobbler ala mode which I only had enough room for a couple bites. I ate most of the ice cream, but the cobbler was very gooey. Sweety asked for just ice cream and ate it all. All of the characters except Dale stopped by. The characters were: Chip, Dale, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto and they were all dressed in Halloween costume. I enjoyed this meal solely for the character interaction and photo op. Not to mention the great service, which we had been lacking for TS's up till now. We gave this :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five. Dear Heart said this was his least favorite meal only because he wasn't able to enjoy much of the meal... just turkey and mashed potatoes. I think it's important to also let you know he said it wasn't bad at all, but compared to everything else, the food just didn't fit his tastebuds. (which I was surprised to hear... I think it was just the spices that turned him off... :confused3 ) Also, this was the beginning of when he wasn't feeling so good and had begun a slight fever all day. We used a couple snacks later in the day for ice cream and sodas at Aloha Isle to cool him off that night. :sick:

Good reviews... we are about 40 days out of our trip and the reviews are making me hungry to me some disney food!!!!!!

I am eating at a lot of the same rest. and I certainly hope that I don't have the slow service you experienced at Whispering Canyon. Thanks for the reviews.

Enjoyed reading your reviews. I have a silly question for you though...you said your financee ordered double mashed potatoes at Concourse Steakhouse? Does this mean a double portion? My DS is a meat and potato kind of guy so that is why I'm asking...thanks! :)

Enjoying the reviews -thanks. The only disagreement is over the chocolate cake at Cosmic Ray's. According to DS 13, it's the best chocolate cake he's ever eaten. We had to go back for lunch again so that he could have another!

disneyfans4ever said:
Enjoyed reading your reviews. I have a silly question for you though...you said your financee ordered double mashed potatoes at Concourse Steakhouse? Does this mean a double portion? My DS is a meat and potato kind of guy so that is why I'm asking...thanks! :)

Yes, my fiancee is a HUGE meat and potatoes guy and that's why I chose the restaurants I did. After I get some more time to do the rest of the reviews, you'll notice he subbed EVERY veggy with potato. :rotfl: But to answer your question, yes you can get DOUBLE mashed potatoes at Concourse. Well, the server said it was no problem even though it never came out that way. Just be sure to let your server know! :thumbsup2

October 31, 2006

We spent the day at Typhoon Lagoon and ate lunch at Typhoon Tillies. DF originally wanted to order a pizza but he was disappointed when he found out it didn't come with fries, so instead he ordered a cheeseburger with fries and Mickey's Cookies n' Cream ice cream sandwich and I ordered the chicken wrap which also came with fries and the same dessert. We found an area that wasn't too crowded with every kind of bird imaginable. Honey-bun said his cheeseburger was alright and it was gone rather quickly. My chicken wrap was just alright, too. I mean, I can't really complain since it IS counter service after all and the lettuce was surprisingly fresh. And even though the chicken had flavor, I guess I was expecting some sort of sauce or dressing. But ultimately, I chowed down half of it, and I mean this sucker was HUGE! :rotfl: The ice cream sandwiches were yummy and since it wasn't a very hot day out, they weren't very melted by the time we got to them. All in all, we gave it :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five.

After fun in the sun, we went back to our room, showered and got ready for our dinner much later that night at Coral Reef. I couldn't get an earlier reservation than 8:30pm even though I called for it four months before we left. I kept trying to check for better times, but they said a lot of people wanted to eat there for Halloween Night, I guess. I figured everyone would be at MK for MNSSHP. :confused3
We walked around the World Showcase and sampled food from some of the booths. Don't flame me, but I don't recall which country I got some of the snacks from and I simply don't have the time right now to look it up. So bear with me... :flower3:
First to try was the coconut rice pudding and my mouth was simply watering thinking about it. I ordered it, got a whole tiny spoonful and put it in my happy little mouth. And spat it back out. Maybe I'm just accustomed to a more smoother rice pudding and I do love coconut... but the texture was a MAJOR turn off for me. :confused3 It had some other firm fruit in there and I was just expecting rice pudding with coconut shavings. Sorry, it justn't wasn't for me.
Then I tried the curried vegetables. They were alright. Veggies weren't crisp at all (but I wasn't really expecting them to be) and it was mildly spicy. Once again, I think I'm just accustomed to and prefer Japanese Curry. It wasn't bad, though.
After that I tried the crab sushi rolls from Japan and those were lovely! :goodvibes DF really didn't want to be near me as I ate them, even though I explained to him that there was nothing RAW. Alas, he still kept his distance until I was done.
Finally, in my culturally different food binge I tried the pork potstickers and green tea+ plum sake at China and I was in heaven. :cloud9: The grean tea sake combo was delicous and surprisingly fruity. I even got my honey to sample it and he agreed it was yummy. I was tempted to go back for more! :rotfl:
It may not be part of the food and wine festival, but definitely worth bringing up. I'd read how fantastic the school bread was from Norway and made a stop at their bakery. I ordered one to go OoP as they're only $2.50 and was surprised at how HUGE this thing was! I had it for breakfast the next morning. Oh, but it was so divine, everyone! :cloud9: I just love coconut and the creamy filling was super smooth and not too sweet. I went back a couple days later just to order another one for breakfast. They are THAT good! :love:
A few hours later, we showed up for our reservation at Coral Reef. The entry way is beautiful! Look up at the ceiling for their neat light fixtures. Very different and pretty. ;) Anyway, we waited maybe 5 minutes and someone came to seat us right next to the aquarium towards the far right of the restaurant. I was thrilled! (but I was also afraid we'd have kids pushing around our dinner table to look at the pretty sea turtle- it only happened once and then mom scolded them) Our server came over, took our drink orders- a fruity cocktail for me and a simple coke for my man and disappeared for a while. I was feeling quite thirsty by the time he came and I didn't want to gulp down alcohol so I had to also ask for water. Which took another while to come, but I didn't care as soon as I tasted the water. Have you noticed that the water down there has tasted a little chlorinated? The water here was smooth and crisp. I know it sounds weird to go on about water, but I primarily drink bottled water at home and I was just CRAVING it, I guess. :rotfl: I asked the server and he said they only serve bottled water in their glasses. YAY! :lovestruc
We placed our orders: I got the stone crab claws for my app, NY Strip med rare for my entree, and the molten chocolate cake with white chocolate ice cream for dessert. I was torn between the strip and the Cat Fish, but the fiancee talked me into the meat. Dear heart ordered marinated beef thing (sorry) for an appetizer, prime rib with extra potato - no veggies for him, and the same dessert as me. The appetizers arrived and I have to say the crab claws were fresh and absolutely delicious. I just loved the garlic sauce they drizzled on the plate. Honey ate every bite of his appetizer. (I just wish I could remember what it was called but I can't find the receipt) Our meals came and they looked perfect. I cut into my steak with gusto and it was perfect! :love: The asparagus was nice and crisp too and the au gratin potatoes were a great compliment. Honey took so long cutting his prime rib just right (cutting away the fat and grisle) that the table leaving next to us teased him for a bit. :lmao: They were a very nice family from New Jersey and they said their prime rib was fantastic. I was surprised that DF ate every bite! :p Desserts came and I just couldn't get over how delicious it was!!!! Honey didn't care for the cake too much (too rich for him, he said... whatever! :rotfl2: ) but ate all of the ice cream AND some of mine, even though I tried to fight him off with my spoon. Ah, but I was so full I couldn't manage more than a couple bites. I still regret not having more room for that dessert! :rolleyes1
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five. Will definitely return and highly recommend it!

:sad2: November 1, 2006

At this point during our vacation, we transfered over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for the second half of our stay. (There was a problem with our cards, that our park tickets were not transferred over to our new hotel keys and that was a hassle in itself before it was fixed- at first we were told we would have to use our old card keys from All-stars (which also weren't working BTW) and to try not to mix up the two cards :sad2: And to clarify, we had paid for 10 day Park Hopper, Magic Plus with Water Parks and more. In fact, we also paid for an additional magic plus ticket because we were transferring hotels and we were on the dining plan- they have to put our credits on using that)
We played around at the Animal Kingdom for a bit of the day and than had dinner over at Boma.
This was the only night I didn't set up an ADR because I wasn't sure if fiancee would feel experimental enough to try something so new. He decided to give it a try and we got our buzzer thing from the hostess and was told it would be about a 30 minute wait so we went up to the bar for some cocktails. Honey fell in love with the sour apple coctail and the Orange Dream, which tasted just like an orange-cicle. I tried this green tea cocktail that was WAY too sweet, so I later tried the pomegrante cosmo and that was superb! :drinking1 Our buzzer went off after about 20 minutes, we paid for our cocktails and was sat in no time.
Let me tell you, it was fantastic! :p And the food wasn't too spicy as I'd read on the DISboard. I had told my honey that Boma would be more my thing because I didn't think he'd be able to find that much he could eat. In fact, fiancee surprised me by asking to eat here on his birthday again instead of Artist Point. I couldn't very well turn down his birthday wish, nor did I want to. ;) My sweetie's favorite thing was the prime rib and ribs. He didn't care at all for the spices on the Frattitude potatoes, which I enjoyed. He ate some chicken tenders and spaghetti they had, too. I dug into the curried green beans, which were a little too sweet for me, but the green beans were crisp and I was sick of mushy veggies by this time. I enjoyed the prime rib, which was oh-so-delicious, the ribs (sauce too sweet for me and was still burned out on ribs, too) the seafood stew (the only thing I really did NOT like) the curry chicken soup (by far my favorite thing there, I went back for another bowl) and the hummus with pita chips (very flavorful.) Needless to say, I was completely stuffed but there was no way I was going to miss the chance of trying those famous zebra domes. To be honest, I was disappointed. I really don't care for overly sweet desserts and they were just too sweet and rich for me. I really enjoyed this milk flan thing as well as the cherry cobbler. The fresh fruit was most welcome, too. Fiancee helped himself to a generous serving of chocolate chip cookies and chocolate mousse. We both kinda waddled out of there that night. :rotfl2:
I did have a problem with my credits, though. I wanted to use the two remaining TS points I had from our stay at All-stars before they expired at midnight. I was chatting with the charming server so much that I didn't notice I had given him the wrong card, with our full credits for the next five days. I realized my mistake when I noticed the credits at the bottom of the receipt and I asked him if he could credit the points back onto my card and charge the credits to the old one from our All-Stars stay. He said no problem, that it would take a few minutes and I apologized, said it was my fault and to take all the time he needs. When he returned about 10 minutes later, he messed it up even further. He credited the 2 TS's to the All-stars card and double charged us again on the new card. Hope you're not confused by this. I told him that he'd done it wrong, but he shrugged and told me I'd have to get it fixed at the front desk. This was the beginning of a huge headache to come... :headache:
At the front desk, I explained what had happened and the CM told me that credits could not be transferred. I told him our server basically did just that. He said he had to take this to the manager, excused himself and disappeared for about five minutes before coming back and telling me there was nothing they could do for me. I stared at him dumbfounded and said, "So I just lost out on four credits?!" And he calmly nodded his head and said, "Yeah, pretty much." My fiancee told the man that this just was NOT acceptable and to do something about it. I'm afraid at this point my cheeks were burning, I was so mad. :furious: After about another 8-10 minutes, the man came back and said everything was taken care, printed out a sheet showing that we had the credits we were supposed to have and we were on our way. What horrible customer service!
Anyway, we gave Boma :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five. Also, we did not eat a counter service during the day, since we were still full from the day before.
On a side note, I doubt we'll stay at AKL again. Seeing savannah animals from your balcony every day IS priceless, but customer service is what ultimately wins me over. My fiancee felt the same way. We honestly enjoyed All-Stars better, as they were very friendly and helpful EVERY time we needed something.

Has anyone heard of viral meningitis? Yeah, well neither have I and yet it seems I've been diagnosed with it. Regular meningitis is bacterial and the REALLY bad form to catch. :faint: Viral, apparently, gives you the same horrible, miserable symptoms but without the life threatening attack on the brain. Super... :sick: I probably got it sometime during the last days of our vacation because they say it takes 3 to 7 days for any symptoms to show. And, oh yes, my fiancee has it, too. :scared:
While I'm confined to my house for the next three days, I'll try to post the rest of my reviews. Please excuse any typos and crazy talk as I'm pumped full of medications to ease my discomfort and I'm simply bored out of my mind. Thank you.

intricatejewel said:
Has anyone heard of viral meningitis? Yeah, well neither have I and yet it seems I've been diagnosed with it. ... And, oh yes, my fiancee has it, too. :scared:

I'm sorry to hear that you're both sick! I'm sure I'm not the only one who's looking forward to the rest of your reviews, but take care of yourselves first! Plenty of fluids, rest, and all that stuff! :)

November 2, 2006

MARA
Don't ask me how, but both honey and I woke up hungry for breakfast so we decided on grabbing a quick bite down at Mara. Quite frankly, I was disappointed in the size of the place and the breakfast options they offered. The World Premier Food Court at the All-Star Movies was HUGE, with plenty of seating, meal options and gigantic condiment counter to suit ANYONE'S needs.
Regardless, I got the adult breakfast platter that included scrambled eggs, an option of sausage or bacon (I opted for bacon) hash browns and biscuit. I guess it was alright. Basically nothing less that you'd expect if you ordered breakfast from McDonalds. The fiancee chose the mickey waffles with syrup, side of hashbrowns and a side of bacon. He only ate half of the waffle (He ate mickey's ears and half his head- He approached it as if he were in surgery -it was so funny! :rotfl: ) DF's not a breakfast person, so he doesn't eat much in the morning. I sampled a bite of the waffle, but I wasn't impressed. Dear heart said he liked it just fine and I guess that's all that really matters! ;) We used two of our CS credits for this since we didn't use them the day before.

FoodQuest
We played for a bit at Typhoon Lagoon for a couple hours, went back to our room, showered and left for DTD's DisneyQuest. It's much less busier during the day and we took advantage of that. Those coaster simulators are the best!! :woohoo:
We grabbed a quick bite at FoodQuest for a couple of HUMUNGOUS sized slices of pizza. Honey, of course got the pepperoni and I got the veggie supreme. We both opted for the chocolate cupcakes. I ordered a root beer for my beverage but got a coke instead. Oh, well. The kid behind the counter was new and he'd never had to charge CS credits before. (My eyes went straight to the remaining CS credits to make sure he did it right- I'd become a credit counting freak :rotfl2: ) Even if we weren't on the DP, I have to say for the sheer size of the pizza slices, you really get your money's worth. Well, compared to everything else. And the pizza was very yummy! Seating wasn't an issue, as we basically had the place to ourselves. Honey and I gave this :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five.

Ohana
We hopped a bus to the Polynesian for our ADR's at 7:00pm. Despite being 10 minutes early, we had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. The place was packed! :crowded: We grabbed a cocktail at the bar. Sweety fell in love with the Orange Dream and stuck to that for the rest of our trip and I tried a Mojito. The bartender told me they make it fresh, just the way I like it, but I could tell he used a mint syrup and simply put a little mint leaf in my glass. Well, I still drank it, but a fresh Mojito is really the way to go! :teeth: Oh, BTW the orange dream if I recall was nothing more than an orange syrup, shot of vodka and ice cream drink. You know, I can't remember if it was vodka or rum. :confused3 Oh well. It's still a very tasty drink, without tasting the hard stuff.
Our buzzer went off, we paid for our tab and was sat at a table on the far left side of the restaurant by the window that still had a lovely, if not slightly obstructed, view of Cinderella's castle. Our server came over, noticed our drinks and offered water or soda. (Not enough servers do that, so I appreciated it! :goodvibes ) Not surprisingly, the fiancee ordered a coke and I just stuck to water. Then our server went over the meal and how everything worked, that being the food was brought to our table in shameless amounts and that we were to help ourselves to as much as we wanted. Within seconds they brought out the salad and wontons with sauces. I stuck to the salad as I watched honey inhale the wonton chips. I think he assumed they were tortillas, but I wasn't about to correct him. :rolleyes1
The salad was crisp and fresh and the dressing was just right. Within moments, they arrived with chicken wings and peel and eat shrimp. I'm afraid to say I ate a pretty decent portion of those shrimp, they were so delectable!!!!! :love: It was hard to tear myself away from the shrimp long enough to sample a wing and oh my, they were fabulous! The man, naturally, tried neither and stuck to his chips. (He nearly ate the entire thing.. I didn't get to try even one) LOL, the server asked him if there was anything wrong with the food and fiancee sticks out his chest and gruffly declares that he's saving room for the MEAT! :lmao: The server laughed and gestured for one of the girls with skewered meat to come over. Honey was just overcome with macho manliness and tore into it like a caveman! :crazy: :laughing: Our server got a real kick out of him. DF and I were most impressed with the smoked turkey. It was insanely tender and juicy and the smoke flavoring was scrumptious! :love: At the end of our trip, honey said that the turkey was his absolute favorite food of the entire trip. Wishes came on at the end of our meat-frenzied, unabashed gorging and everyone quieted down to hear the wishes soundtrack that was in perfect timing with the fireworks. At the end, our server and his entourage quickly cleared our table and brought that banana fosters bread pudding. Honey requested just plain vanilla ice cream without all that "stuff." Can you tell he's not really an adventerous eater? Anyway, the dessert was just awesome! Very delicious, but once again, too full to eat more than 2 or 3 bites. All in all, we unanimously gave this an enthusiastic :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 out of five and will definitely return. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter