107°F here in a few days

Ceiling fans make a huge difference. I put in three new ones this year that are much bigger than the ones in before.

You also have to get your body adapted to the higher temperatures. And this takes time. I found that it took about 4 years from moving from the midwest to adapt to the higher temperatures in AZ. But now I'm very intolerant of cold temperatures.

I totally agree. We live in AZ as well. Installed ceiling fans in each room. Makes a huge difference...enough of a difference that the ceiling fan makes the room feel 5 degrees cooler than it actually is.

By comparison, now when we go to CA to visit relatives, when it's 75 degrees, we're ready to put on winter jackets. Haha! And when we go to WDW, it's 'only' 85 but we are sweating like we've never sweat before....and it ends up feeling like it's 107 back home. :rotfl2:The humidity makes a huge difference!

The people that believe in and promote this stuff are some most hypocritical people on the planet.
I read this this morning and thought of you.

The five stages of Welsh summer 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿☀️

❄️1. Tamping that it's still FREEZING and complaining about how we never get a proper summer.
☀️ 2. The sun comes out. For a short while, we are content and go for proper lovely walks along the coastal path.
😡 3. Increasingly fuming at how boiling it is, grumpy from sleep deprivation.
🌧 4. Actually missing the rain and secretly hoping for it.
😒 5. Going "Well, that's summer over for another year!" to anyone who will listen.

I read this this morning and thought of you.

The five stages of Welsh summer 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿☀️

❄️1. Tamping that it's still FREEZING and complaining about how we never get a proper summer.
☀️ 2. The sun comes out. For a short while, we are content and go for proper lovely walks along the coastal path.
😡 3. Increasingly fuming at how boiling it is, grumpy from sleep deprivation.
🌧 4. Actually missing the rain and secretly hoping for it.
😒 5. Going "Well, that's summer over for another year!" to anyone who will listen.
When I was in London in June 2016 it rained everyday and people kept apologizing to us. I thought it was funny, Now I get it.

I totally agree. We live in AZ as well. Installed ceiling fans in each room. Makes a huge difference...enough of a difference that the ceiling fan makes the room feel 5 degrees cooler than it actually is.

By comparison, now when we go to CA to visit relatives, when it's 75 degrees, we're ready to put on winter jackets. Haha! And when we go to WDW, it's 'only' 85 but we are sweating like we've never sweat before....and it ends up feeling like it's 107 back home. :rotfl2:The humidity makes a huge difference!
I love Florida and I love humidity. I’m living in the wrong place.

The "weather" in London used to be far more sinister... with pollution rife, a thick smog descended on the city, referred to as a "pea souper"

The "weather" in London used to be far more sinister... with pollution rife, a thick smog descended on the city, referred to as a "pea souper"
Oh, be careful! Wasn't it on foggy nights in London that Jack the Ripper attacked his victims?

Other comparison: The princesses in Disney World having to switch to 'winter wear' for their outside Meet & Greets, when the temperature drops below 70 degrees.
FL princesses are not made for 'cold' weather ;-)

Other comparison: The princesses in Disney World having to switch to 'winter wear' for their outside Meet & Greets, when the temperature drops below 70 degrees.
FL princesses are not made for 'cold' weather ;-)

on our last trip to orlando it was in the low to mid 70's our entire 10 days so while we were LOVING it in our shorts and tank tops, enjoying swimming pools and almost entirely empty water parks it seemed all of the locals were freezing to death adorned with heavy sweater, coats, even mittens o_O. granted, it was one of our only late november/early december orlando visits to the parks where the clothing of the staff matched the fake snow and other christmas decor but it was still sooooooooooo wierd to see lifeguards in thick sweatpants and heavy duty big puffy jackets at poolside mid day. humidity kills me-orlando in the low 70's is actually tolerable.

on our last trip to orlando it was in the low to mid 70's our entire 10 days so while we were LOVING it in our shorts and tank tops, enjoying swimming pools and almost entirely empty water parks it seemed all of the locals were freezing to death adorned with heavy sweater, coats, even mittens o_O. granted, it was one of our only late november/early december orlando visits to the parks where the clothing of the staff matched the fake snow and other christmas decor but it was still sooooooooooo wierd to see lifeguards in thick sweatpants and heavy duty big puffy jackets at poolside mid day. humidity kills me-orlando in the low 70's is actually tolerable.

The humidity is weird for me. I'll be cold and sweating like crazy out in FL. Basically, I need to pack a towel with me.

I am beyond jealous. When the weather is like the kind you had there is no place more magical than the parks.

It's supposed to be 90 degrees here, and it's been this way long enough that we're classed as being in a heat wave. I know that's nothing compared to the temperatures some of you have listed, but we are NOT used to this kind of heat! With the humidity it just feels oppressive, like someone is sitting on your chest when you're trying to breathe.

Heat and I do okay, humidity and I don't. I don't have A/C (and can't get it), and because my living room windows don't open there isn't even a way to get a cross-breeze going. It's stale air, with at most a fan going (which generates heat while moving warm air).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter