11/01/03 Eastern Cruisers, I know you're out there!!!

jel0511

DIS Veteran
O.K. Let's start a thread of all of us going on the 11/1/03 Magic!! It is NJ week, so I'm wondering how many other Jerseyites will be on the ship!!! Also, non-Jerseyites are welcome as well!!! :p :p :p So don't be shy, please come out!!!

I've been debating starting this thread because I have 3 other girlfriends (and their families) coming with me and I figured that was enough to get us started! So kudos to you for stepping up to the plate!

This will be our 2nd cruise (1st Eastern) - we are Halloween cruisers from last year and had an absolute blast!

It'll be me and dh (mid/late 30's), DS (will be 6) and DD (4) on the cruise.

Masonpips - Welcome!!! I forgot to say that this is also our 2nd Disney cruise, our 1st 7 day though!!! It will be Me and DH (mid 30') DD 5 and DS 2 1/2!!!!!

Can't wait!!!! We are one of the '3 friends' joining Masonpips and family!

I have 4 kiddos who will be: 5 y (18 days shy of 6)DS, 4 1/2 y DD, 3 DD, and 1 y(1 month shy of 2) DS ..by the cruise date. And, of course, DH and I (mid-30's) are going.

We are also from NJ and my older DS will be starting K in the fall...so I am THRILLED to hear (and just reconfirmed on our town calendar) that it is NJ week!! WOOHOO!!

We just hated to miss the opportunity to get together with 3 other wonderful friends and their families...how often do you get a chance like that?! It will be wonderful to get to meet other people as well!

I am a cruise-a-holic, but DH has been terribly turned off by a (MY grandparents') family-anniversary trip gone wrong-LOL. So hopefully this will change his outlook. I have cruised on HA, RC, 'Big Red Boat' (before DCL) and Norwegian. LOVE LOVE LOVE HA and RC. Can't wait for the kids to experience the DCL!!

Any advice on young ones (i.e. my youngest DS) is WELL appreciated. I am just stressing about getting some nursery hours for my youngest...but even if I don't, it is a family vacation, so I will be thrilled to be going no matter how much time DH and I have 'alone'-LOL.

Thanks for letting me babble!

Debbie

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'October 31, 2003 5:00:00 PM EDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='java script:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=darkblue> Disney Magic Vacation Here We Come!!</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var tzo = (c.getTimezoneOffset() - d.getTimezoneOffset()) * 60;";theFunction += "var diff = ((c - d)/1000) + tzo;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'I\\'m with the Mouse!!! ';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script></font></p></p>

Count us in! We rebooked for the NJ week when we were on the ship Nov 2002. We had such a great time the only way I would get off the ship is a guarantee I could get back on again next year. I can't wait!

Another friend of masonpips! This will be our very first cruise -- DH and I mid-30s, DD - 6 and DS - 3.

Hello everyone!

We will be the California connection for sure. We traveled on the Magic for the Western last June. This time the whole family is coming and a group of friends too!

We are Myself and DH-(both 35) DS (7)
My parents-(mid 50's)

Newbies to Disney cruising....

My father-in-law and wife (60's)
Brother, SIL( both 32) and my niece (4)
Brother and girlfriend (27 and 23)

Friends coming along for the first time....

Michelson's - DS (1)
Foss's-grandparents of the Michelson's
Herrera's- DS (turns 3 in December), DS (waiting to be born this month!)
Garcia's-grandparents of the Herrera boys plus another grandson (8)

and each week it seems more people want to come with us too!

We are so-o-o excited!

Looking forward to chatting over the next few months!

Kristina

I've been waiting for someone to start a thread on this. We are doing a "make up" eastern cruise. No, not one who got cancelled. We just had some family problems and I had to leave in St. Thomas on our last cruise. It's just me (will be 35) and my DH (48). We're both fanatics!

One highlight about our last cruise was joining a group a DISers for an excursion in St. Thomas. We planned our own and had a great time. I'd love to do this again, but at St. Martin instead.

We're under 270 days now!:Pinkbounc

Since Halloween is the night before the cruise has anyone given thoughts to Trick or Treat? We'll fly in on Friday and probably stay at the Radisson (assuming they continue their great rates this year) and I was thinking we could do a (voluntary) Trick or Treating event for any of us who end up staying at the same place. We were on the Halloween cruise last year and did a DIS-TorT and the kids LOVED it. We ended up with about 15 rooms all over the ship and we wandered the halls w/clues and such. It was very fun and MUCH better than the DCL TorT which was way too crowded.

Obviously we don't have to decide now, but maybe as we get to the summer if we have a bunch of people who are coming in early we can pull something together?

BTW, the Radisson pool looks BEAUTIFUL. We did not swim last year as we got in around 7 pm and had to eat, etc. but this year we will be swimming and maybe we can have a DIS board get-together at the pool that night too?

You'll all come to know (and love?) my planning skills! LOL

I wish I could fly in the day before, but with DD being in Kindergarten, I don't want her to miss her first Halloween parade. So, by the time we get home from that, we'd NEVER make a flight out of either airport near us. THe only option would be a 9:00 pm flight, and with two kids 5 and 2, not an option. So, we'll take the first flight out on Saturday. It does sound like fun!!! I hope you get a lot of others to join in, it would be fun!!!

We are trying to attend the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at WDW if this is available this year. We are flying in to arrive on Friday morning to get a day and night and a morning at the parks before the cruise!

Coming from CA we are trying to get the most for our $ from the flight! Most of the others traveling with us have never been to WDW so they are arriving on Wed. and we were trying to make sure our DS did not miss too much school, and figured what do they really do on Halloween?! If things change we will let you know. The Radisson is a great option and so close to the port. We rented a car from there last year-we had a late flight and were able to visit the Space Center before heading to the airport.

We're flying in on Friday, but staying at the Swan or the Dolphin. I don't think they have the pre and post cruise rates this year, but they have the government rate ($129). We plan to spend the day and night at Epcot (wine and food festival). I've always wanted to go to that, but our trip has never coincided. Anyhow, no kids with us so trick or treating wouldn't really matter. Sounds great though for those of you with kids!

Hello to all!

I just thought I would bump us back up to the front to see if anyone else is joining us or anyone else had any news.:D

Kristina

bumping this up in hopes we attract some new folks! Saw a post from Goofysgal (or girl?) a few days ago - hope she joins this thread!

Hello again! We are off to visit Disneyland for Kyle's 7th Birthday today! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :)

Hopefully, we will have some response for when we get home.

Have a magical day!!

Kristina

I'm the one who started this thread, and I canceled my cruise!!! Oh well, I'll be on St. John that week, so come on over!!!! Maybe a small get together in my villa???

Lori:

Hope you enjoy your time on St. John!!!:D

Just back to work today after the Disneyland trip. We stayed at the Grand Californian four nights and had a perfect view of the theme park and pool. It was a grand time and we enjoyed every minute of it. Makes me want to go back soon but still counting down the days until the cruise. Walking in Disneyland always makes me in the Disney mood!!!

Kristina

I'm glad you booked, now maybe since we are bumped to the top of the board more will join us. How many in your family? First cruise?

We are actually coming to Phoenix this weekend. Hopefully, the weather will be good for us....

Kristina

Welcome grimgrinnin - tell us more about yourself and traveling companions!

We've had awesome weather the last few days - did tons of yardwork and the flowers are just coming out - the tulips are about a week away - can't wait for their show.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter